How much do you play?

Discussion in 'Player' started by FORZAROSSONERRi, Jul 4, 2012.

1. FORZAROSSONERRi

Nov 18, 2011
    Melbourne
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Read in a thread today, that someone plays 40 hours a week, accumalitive of training/games and everything.

How many hours p/week does everyone else here play?

I play roughly, on average 7-8 hours a week.

2. LNSC Cr

LNSC Cr Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    i try to get a minimum of 3hrs a day but often more

3. mandoplayer1906

mandoplayer1906 New Member

Jun 3, 2012
    Tejas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At most 20. Usually around ~15

4. Impossible6

Impossible6 Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Australia
    Club:
    Central Coast Mariners
    Quality over quanitity. 3 hours a day is really pushing it LNSC. Get the rest you need everyone. When it comes to game day, you should be feeling fresh.

5. FORZAROSSONERRi

Nov 18, 2011
    Melbourne
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I give myself the entire Friday to relax, so that come Saturday(gameday) I'm fresh to play.

6. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    On games played 16 to under 19 on a top club playing in the best division of the best league. During the whole year not just a smaller season. The prevailing judgement of where I come from is about 40 matches.

Which means your total minutes of real game time is less then that. Have others players on the team besides the starters.

On training some adult leagues like the A league here train 5 days a week. I am not a believer in that for a lot of reasons. Body needs time to recover.

7. Chicharito352

Chicharito352 Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    3hrs almost everyday but recently maybe every other day because of how hot it is outside.

8. Andrew Willis

Andrew Willis New Member

Jul 5, 2012
    6-7 Hours a week. That's good enough for me and I enjoy it every time...

9. LNSC Cr

LNSC Cr Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    the reason i try to get in 3hrs is because my old coach said u need 10,000 hrs to be pro at any sport so 3hrs a day for about 10yrs since im 13 should work out rite?

10. Impossible6

Impossible6 Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Australia
    Club:
    Central Coast Mariners
    Again - quality over quanitity. Ignore what your coach said, he's wrong wherever he heard that, though it's probably some kind of folklore expression and he's taken it literally. I don't know what kind of training/playing you're doing and what intensity, but doing 3 hours a day will almost always mean that those last 2 or so hours will be lathargic, unmotivaed efforts. Furthermore you'll be feeling lathargic the next day likely from 3 hours of football, so now you'll have 3 hours of lathergic, unmotivated efforts when you practice. Hopefully you're getting the point. Have short, planned, intensive sessions and get the rest you need through the week.

11. airbornerocks

airbornerocks Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A couple hours a day, it's pretty boring kicking the ball of a wall or standing outside juggling or dribbling. Atleast my first club season starts in September

12. dejansavicevic10

Jun 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    The most I have played was 5 competitive games a week for about 2-3 months, gets you totally worn down. Nowadays, I play pick up/practice 2x a week, and a game on Sundays; roughly about 9 hours of playing.

13. FloppyWeasel10

FloppyWeasel10 New Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Scoring Goals
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    maybe around 6 depending on pickup and if I have time and can meet up with people at intramural fields to play. Wish I could play more than I do

14. Nix1899

Nix1899 New Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There is only one youth club where I live and we meet once a week for two hours. I don't think that's enough so I try to practice every day for half an hour to an hour. It isn't a long time but I make every moment individual practice count.

15. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These days it's just pickup games, but when I was competing at college level it was 2 hours a day, 5 days a week.

In recent years, the trend with professional teams in season seems to be toward having shorter, more focused sessions, something like 90 minutes a day in season and 60 minutes the day before a match. The rationales are: 1) most fitness work happened in preseason, and if players need extra fitness work, they don't need to use team training time; and 2) by the time they're pros, players aren't going to develop technique that much any more.

16. ToolBox

ToolBox Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    prob. around 12 hours of practice a week and then one game on sundays. so i guess around 13.5 hours a week.

17. dethfire

dethfire Member

Jun 24, 2005
    i don't know how ya'll play so much. I have two games a week and can barely walk the next day. I barely recover in time for the next game. I wish I could go out and practice, but my muscles are way too sore. Just hit 30 :(

18. dethfire

dethfire Member

Jun 24, 2005
    It actually comes from a very popular book called http://www.amazon.com/Outliers-Story-Success-Malcolm-Gladwell/dp/0316017922

Many studies have shown that to master a skill it takes 10,000 hours of practice. From a musician to an athlete.

19. MajorBen1997

MajorBen1997 New Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Maybe 4 hours in a week we have games

20. Patburd13

Patburd13 Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    At least 12 hours

21. kaikwon

kaikwon New Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    in midst of work family and life, im lucky if i can afford 8hrs at the most in a week. Boys enjoy the most out of futbolwile you can

22. snolly g

snolly g Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    yes. the idea is that, if you look at all of the top performers in any activity, you'll find that they have spent a lot of time practicing and perfecting their skills. in other words, natural talent helps, but if you really want to be tops, you have to nurture it.

yup. get in your playing time while you can... when job and family start, you'll be lucky to even get 8 hours in. (i get to play maybe one game every two weeks.)

23. kaikwon

kaikwon New Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Snolly g, where do you play? Hoping to find some soccer players from US that are staying in Korea at the moment.