how MONEY effected our soccer players?

Discussion in 'Iran' started by Kamran, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I'm only 20 but I remember a time when soccer players didn't earn that much.. but man the soccer was fun to watch and follow... now days everything is money just take a look at the players' lives before WC98 and compare them with present state; everything is changed the fashion, the car, place they live, how they talk, etc... they all gotten better but the soccer is worse or in some cases still the same so if the game is not improving what is? the only thing we get now is players talking back to coach, threatening clubs, showing off they're money causing tension among each other, respect is completely gone .. I’m not being like an old fashion di*khead but the fact is money didn't do good to our soccer... so come up and say what you think about the big $s Persian soccer players are getting(or not getting ;) ) and its effects on soccer.

2. SockersFC

SockersFC New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    USA
    I know many of Iranian players want to make more money, i mean they need it for survival. For example Ali Karimi had to choose from playing in the Italian B series team Reggina or playing in UAE for one million. I really think our players are under paid and will go to anywhere that offers more money. Some go to help strengthen their abilities (Daei, Hashemian and mahdavikia). If IPL was funded more, our players would stay. Money effects all players around the world. There will be more if the IPL becomes funded and bigger with more talent.

3. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    oh well i was actually tryin to target IPL players which are gettin alot of money these days compare to lets say before IPL in AZADEGAN time..the ones who went overseas are actullay not doin bad...

4. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    IPL players get paid 100 times what the Azadegan players used to get paid. It costs more than a few million dollars to run a team in IPL these days.