How many people want a viewing party, and where do you want it?

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by He's In Fashion, Oct 28, 2004.

1. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Taking suggestions, need some numbers for a conservative estimate, and will call around tonight... fire away...

2. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    I'll be in LA for the game, but again I'll toss out my recommendation of Brooklyn's at the Pepsi.

3. mjraw

mjraw Member

Jan 10, 2002
    Denver
    I've got a group that will go and I second Brooklyn's @ the Pepsi Center.

4. askum33

askum33 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    There are about four or so in our group willing to go... I suggest anywhere with alcohol. Nuthin better then a pint after a win. :D

5. black&blue boy

black&blue boy New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Denver
    You can count me and my wife.

Ooops I thinks we are part of the four askum33 has mentioned.

6. Ringer

Ringer Member

Aug 7, 1999
    Littleton, CO
    Do they charge a cover?

7. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No cover at Brooklyn's but the menu is pricey, everything is 10$ and up for food... I'm sure they have all the alcohol you can or can't handle...

8. Dear Fans,

The Rapids Front Office has been working feverishly to secure an Official Viewing Party location for this match.

Due to lots of places hosting Halloween Parties (including Brooklyn's), and due to bars determined to show college football on Sat. night, we will not have an "official" gathering location.

However, for fans who want to meet on their own and watch the game, these bars have promised to show it:

-Aztec Sol in the Highlands area, Denver

-Legends in Cherry Creek

-Champp's on Santa Fe in the Aspen Grove shopping Center.

Since they are not "official", we can't guarantee prime TV locations at the establishments, or exclusive sound, but any of these should be fine for watching the match.

All get either Altitude or Fox Sports World and have promised to show the game live; kickoff is at 8:00pm.

thanks,

Rapids Front Office

9. GreatZar

GreatZar Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 29, 1999
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Champs in Aspen Grove is on the last stop of Light Rail (Mineral exit). Not sure if I can make it yet, sorry...just a suggestion.

10. puglogic

puglogic New Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Denver
    Has anyone been to the three places noted? Anybody have a sense of which would be best? Two more of us here....possibly more. Doesn't anyone want our money?

11. spot

spot Member+

Nov 29, 1999
    Centennial
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Champps layout I'd say they'd have a tough time giving a group any space of their own.

12. wcgcapone

wcgcapone Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm thinking Aztec Sol, we might not get sound but we'll probably get the big projection TV, good food and reasonable booze prices...

13. Tony Cheval

Tony Cheval New Member

Mar 17, 2000
    Colorado
    Isn't Aztec Sol owned/run by a soccer-friendly guy? I'd go with that if so.

14. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aztec Sol is soccer friendly, good food, good place...

So Aztec Sol is the concensus??? Shall I call them and tell them to expect a group of about 10-20 and see if we can't get the big screen??

15. LuvMLS

LuvMLS New Member

Apr 15, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Yeaah I am down with Aztec Sol!!!

16. Rabidratz

Rabidratz Member

Jul 17, 2001
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    If we cant find any place in Longmont that will show the game we might be able to get into Denver. Can anyone tell us the address of Aztec Sol? Thanks.
    I can't believe our illustrious owners couldn't get a viewing party together. I have it on VERY good authority that we will be able to see away games next year on regular TV. Now if that means Fox Sports World it leaves me out as we dont get that channel but was told they are promising fans that their channel wont just be on DirectTV, we shall see!! Also the stadium is promised for the beginning of the 2007 season. THought I read where it wouldnt be ready until the end of 2007 but I was wrong.
    Let's hope that if we win or tie on Saturday that San Jose also wins otherwise we will have a no home viewer again for the finals.

17. Hosscat

Hosscat New Member

Jul 21, 2003
    Denver
    Expect to be dissed if you have it anywhere except for Aztec Sol.... Especially on a Saturday night w/ college football and Halloween as competition.

I think it has to be said that the Rapids are dropping the ball (again) by not having an official viewing party- there has to be somewhere in Denver where they could reserve a room/TV's/a little space for fans to watch.

18. cljco

cljco New Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Denver
    Aztec Sol is definately the best option of those choices. We'll be there! :D

19. Slim 7

Slim 7 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    Denver, CO

20. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
  21. aztecsol1

aztecsol1 New Member

Jan 19, 2003
    Aztec Sol Soccer Party!

This is Francisco here at Aztec Sol. I have been talking with some of the rapids front desk, and they told me if I Was willing to put the Game on the big screen. This was about two days ago. I have no problems with this at all. We willl be having a holloween party about 10 pm. If people want to have the veiwing party here, I will make the following drink speacials!
    2 for 1 on Budlight in the first half!
    If the rapids go to the next round, I will give every tab a 20% off!!!!

For more info please give me a call @ (303) 229-7171
    P.S this is my cell number. I would give you the bar Number, but I will be in and out today.
    Thnaks
    Francisco @ aztecsol.

22. Rabidratz

Rabidratz Member

Jul 17, 2001
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    [

All get either Altitude or Fox Sports World and have promised to show the game live; kickoff is at 8:00pm.
    thanks,
    Rapids Front Office[/QUOTE]

My husband is balking at driving down to Denver so could someone please tell me what channel it would be on if someone has a dish in Longmont? Have found someone who has said we can go over to theirs to watch the game but have no idea what channel to tell them. We only have the Comcast Standard cable at our house. Asked one of the Sports Bars here if they could get FSW and they said no.

23. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have dish in fort collins and it would be on channel 149 Dish Network... I will be at Aztec Sol...

24. Tony Cheval

Tony Cheval New Member

Mar 17, 2000
    Colorado
    I may pop in in progress, I have a poker tournament to play in at 6, hopefully I can knock them all out in about 2 hours. :D