How many more years will the Wizards stay in Arrowhead?

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by wufc, Jun 30, 2005.

1. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The thing is, it's never been an "SJ or KC" situation. The ordeals of the two clubs, while similar, are not related. Club America is not negotiating to purchase whichever of the two is determined to have the weakest prospects in its current market; it is negotiating with AEG to buy the Earthquakes. What happens in KC has no bearing on that. Similarly, the San Antonio effort, when it was going on, was about moving the Wizards, and it had no bearing on the San Jose situation.

If the Wizards don't move, it will be because they will have a great new owner and a great new stadium in the works. It will be because some rich guy from KC wanted to keep the team in KC. It will not be affected by whatever happens in San Jose.

2. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    I'm aware of all that. This only got brought up because the discussion in the other thread was wondering why Club America is only looking at SJ and not KC also.

3. FreeNachos

FreeNachos Member

Apr 10, 2001
    North Hollywood, CA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, piss off man. Your "fire the sound guy" quote was funny and repable but now you're just making stuff up..."That crowd on Wednesday" was no worse than crowds of that size in Colorado and Dallas (this season) who are both getting their own stadiums. Even Chivas drew 8,000 in LOS ANGELES. Eat a bag of nuts...not cashews.

4. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    The other viable option is a move out of Arrowhead and into a "retrofitted stadium" (ODAC anyone?) while the new SSS complex is being built. This idea was mentioned very early on in this thread. That's what the Southlake references were about.

I'd honestly say that at the moment, this scenario is just as likely as the Wizards staying in Arrowhead for the next 2 years while the stadium is built.

That's why I jumped on the Colorado guy for saying that "either the team was gone (meaning out of KC) or they were in Arrowhead while the stadium was being built."
    He's wrong. That's not the only two options. And the way he "stated" that it was the only options really rubbed me the wrong way.

[rant]Maybe I should have reacted to him differently, but I'm tired of people from all over the country/MLS telling us "what is going to happen" with our team when they have no fvcking clue. Fvck them. They can all lick my left nut.[/rant]

5. StuBentley

StuBentley New Member

Sep 12, 2000
    Olathe, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heck, I could walk to games at the ODAC. Pre-game party at our house. :)

6. wizards girl

wizards girl New Member

Dec 19, 2004
    wait.
    why are we all talking about SJ and CA? unless i was mistaken there was a "interested local group" here that was going to try to build a stadium either here or in johnson county. if they did infact buy them.

please correct me (nicely :eek: ) if i am wrong.

7. dogfried

dogfried New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Miami
    It's time for Roman Abramovich to step up and buy the Wizards.