How low can I go?

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by An Unpaved Road, May 23, 2006.

1. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    I’m at the point in my soccer “career” where it’s pretty much all casual play all the time, thus bottom of the line boots make the most sense. I quite like the champagne Manados I’ve been running for a few years, but it’s safe to say their days of remaining in useable condition are good and gone.

So I’m wondering what you fine folks think is the best buy for around $50 or less. Absolados? F10.6? (the colors are cool, at least.) Something non-Adidas?

Enlighten me if you can.

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Everyone keeps on saying that the F30s are good this year, personally i think that boots like the F10 arent fantastic and ive only ever seen little kids wearing them as they are the cheapest boot. I think you get what you pay for so if you get something for around $50 the quality isnt going to be fantastic. Not sure if you will get many people on the board who actually have the lowest end boot. Personally i don't have any. But as i said everyone seems to love the F30s so they might be your best bet!

appleCORR

(PS) Oh and last time i said some boots were for kids i offended someone so no offence meant just dont see many adults wearing F1Os thats all :rolleyes:

3. CDRW

CDRW New Member

Sep 1, 2005
    Vancouver
    Nike Mystic Tiempos are around $50 bucks. I have had them and think they are very good.

4. Sain1

Sain1 New Member

Dec 7, 2003
    Dallas
    Ive seen alot of people wear Total 90 series. The lower end version seems to hold up pretty well.

5. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The F30.6 is a brilliant boot, which honestly does not feel like a lower grade boot at all. And at the price, they are highly recommended.

6. designez1

designez1 Member

Nov 19, 2003
    New York
    If you like leather boots than you should try the Absolions as well! They are basically inbetween the Absolute and Absolado and have the same sole as the F30.6. Quite light and great touch!

7. Henry Porter

Henry Porter Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have these and they've lasted me for almost a year. Great value for the price.

8. Masrith

Masrith New Member

May 15, 2006
    My Pulsado's have lasted me a year. To get full-grain leather current Predators you have to pay $90 I think? But with the Pulsados you get full-grain leather for only $35 at soccer.com.

9. pingorenj

pingorenj Member

Apr 10, 2005
    Brunei
    hmm really? cos iv been wanting to get these boots as a training boot or for kicking around.. how are they on comfort? cos the lask of a heel counter is what makes me quite wary of the comfort quality of the boots.. never tried some on though, so maybe u could shed some light on it? thanx mate..

and back to the topic, if u guys have Topper boots, they are class.. dirt-cheap (im not kidding) but CLASS.. they hold up pretty well, and some models actually have heel counters and are as light as the vapors! they cost around BND 30-50, which if converted to US currency, around USD 10-30? i had a pair some time ago, but i gave it to my cousin, as they didnt fit me anymore. i had it for more than a year, and used it for kicking about at a local field..

BUT if u dont have Topper where u live, guess the F30.6 or the Absolions are your best bet.. non-adidas-> u could try Mysitcs... they feel really good!