How is Lothar Matthäus doing in Netanya?

Discussion in 'Israel' started by Borussia, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  2. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel bad for Loddar. He received a squad that he didn't build and he doesn't know the domestic players well enough to know what he wants. He was unfair to Gary Assous, who he decided to release even though he never played for Netanya and was never allowed to practice when Matthäus arrived.

He did win all of his preseason matches so far, albeit, they were all against sub standard competition. The real test will be the opening rounds of the UEFA Cup.

3. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So you think that Daniel Jammer goes over the top by expecting Lothar Matthäus to play for the championship title with this team?

Well, at least he should have 3 decent strikers with Shechter (I hope he's going to join BMG soon as well as replacement for Neuville), Okocha and Kioyo (who started his career at my local club Fürth)...

4. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely not, if Reuven Atar could finish in second with a minimal budget, then (by Jammer's mode of thinking) Loddar should be able to finish in first. What is unrealistic is Daniel Jammer's sinking so much money into the manager, but doing nothing during the transfer season. Plus, whatever they did do, they did it without Lothar Matthäus, so they signed players (like Gary Assous) that Matthäus never asked for. That is a complete waste of money.

5. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, there should be still some time left for signing new players...

Btw: Here's an interesting German article about Daniel Jammer (didn't know he's a big Eintracht Frankfurt fan) & Lothar Matthäus' impressive welcome in Netanya.

[​IMG]

http://www.welt.de/sport/article2181645/Lothar_Matthaeus_in_Israel_begeistert_gefeiert.html

6. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Cool :D

What are they going to do if he wins the championship? :)

His English is still so funny (even though he improved a little bit)...;)

7. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    seems like netanya signed Haimovitch (i wanted him to play for maccabi :() and Baruk Dego, both are class players, i like netanya's team a lot!!!

8. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    buahahaha sorry for the bad info u guys, but seems that Haimovitch signed for mighty Maccabi Tel Aviv after all!!! :D

9. dutsh_shulz

dutsh_shulz New Member

Jun 27, 2008
    Basel
    they lost to FC Schaffhausen in a friendly match 2-1

10. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    damn seems like Haimovitch signed with Netanya after all, this was like a soap opera or something, anyways he's a great player, and about that game they lost seems like Lothar gave his boys some hard words after the game, good for him time to put some order to make the players gave their best on the field!!!!

11. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Here's an article in German about Lothar & Netanya:

CLICK

12. FCMN

FCMN New Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Israel/Canada
    Club:
    Maccabi Netanya FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Well, we're already past the 7th round, and Maccabi Netanya are in the 1st place with 17 points (M.Haifa 2nd with 14 points will play in monday against M.Tel-Aviv), so I'd say he's doing great. Netanya fans really love the way he works. He's very professional, and so far Netanya have the best physical shape in our league.

13. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  14. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    borussia is that u with lothar??

15. FCMN

FCMN New Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Israel/Canada
    Club:
    Maccabi Netanya FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Borussia, he did mentioned BMG many times. He said that Netanya stadium (the current one, we're moving to a new stadium next year) is reminding him when he just start to play for BMG, and that he started his career over there.

M. Netanya have a lot in comment with your team. We were also champions 5 times, mostly in the 70's and early 80's. We also spent some times in the second league, and we're also looking for a title for the first time after 26 years. We finished 2nd place two years in a row, and this year we want all the way. Our only obstacles are Maccabi Haifa and Maccabi Tel-Aviv, they both have a good players as well.

Have a good luck in the league. A big club like yours have to stay in the first league.
    btw, what is your opinion about Hoffenheim?? That's crazy eh?!

16. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Do you think so? ;)

Click on my profile ... and you'll get the answer.

17. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's nice. There's surely still many Gladbach fans who haven't forgiven him the missed pk against Bayern in the Cup final '83 / '84 and his move to Munich in the following season ... but he earned a lot of respect for the interview I posted with the above link (it was posted in the official BMG forum last season). Nobody forgot that Lothar started his impressive career at BMG and became national player during this time.

Unfortunately, he has some problems to find a BL job due to some mistakes he made in the past (like Stefan Effenberg) ... however, it seems that he's "grown up" now and on the way to become a good manager (with his experience and huge reputation as a former world class player)!

I wish you good luck!

Toda.

Just have a look into the Hoffenheim thread in the "German clubs" section.

I respect their good football, but don't like this kind of pushing "minnow" clubs on top with the help of billionaires.

I know that Mr. Jammer invests a lot of money in your club, too ... but you have tradition at least.

18. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    the picture is too small, i dont have super eyes..! :rolleyes:

19. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    But you surely can read, don't you? :p ;)

20. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    @ FCMN

Congrats again on the impressive away win in Haifa. Have you really attended the match? How far is it from Netanya to Haifa and how many Netanya supporters travelled to the game? Did you maybe take some nice pics (I love stadium pics ;))?

Btw: You were right, BMG will play a friendly with your club during our Israel trip in December (DFB president Dr. Zwanziger is going to accompany our team with a DFB delegation).

21. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    nice, maybe they wanna see more players...i would recomend some young peeps to sell later for a higher price... ;)

Shiran Yeini, Omer Vered, Yuval Fogelman and Yuval Shpungin from Maccabi Tel Aviv, Hagai Goldenberg and Daniel Unger from Maccabi Petach Tikva, Oshri Roash from Hapoel Haifa, Shmuel Kozokin from Beitar Jerusalem, Eden Ben Besat and Yuval Avidor from Hapoel Kiryat Shmona, Shay Maimon, Eyal Golsa and Lior Rafaelov from Maccabi Haifa...and of course the other players i have told before...:p

22. FCMN

FCMN New Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Israel/Canada
    Club:
    Maccabi Netanya FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Thanks a lot, we really needed that win. It wasn't easy though, I have to admit, Haifa are very strong, and so is Beitar...

Cool, I will probably be in this game (I'll bring you some pictures).
    Can you send me a link from your site? I want to put it on our Forum. That would be a good training for your team. ;)

Yea I've been to the game (I'm trying to attend every match). It's like 40 minutes from Netanya, the problem is Haifa stadium, which can contain only 14.000. Haifa bringed 12.000 fans and we bringed around 2000.

I have some pictures but I dont know how to upload them from my files. you can see in my facebook pictures of our fans and such.

I know you guys have a hard game ahead, what do you think of your chances to win Bayern Munich?? I would love that, I don't really like Bayern...
    We also have a hard game against Beitar, I will try to send you a link to watch the game.

Auf Wiedersehen :D

23. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    http://www.borussia.de
    http://forum.borussia.de/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=16

Just upload them via www.imageshack.us (message board size) and insert the URL's by using the above yellow "insert image" button.

They are surely low, since everybody expects us to lose. However, we've already beaten Bremen this season (when nobody expected us to have a chance) and have a pretty good home stats against Bayern (only 3 defeats from the last 24 games) ... so why shouldn't a surprise be totally impossible?

Maybe it's a good omen that we managed to defeat them under the same manager Hans Meyer when we got promoted in 2001/2002 (1:0). :)

להתראות :)

24. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Good luck for Friday ... and see you on Sunday. ;)

Don't forget to take some nice pics. :))

25. FCMN

FCMN New Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Israel/Canada
    Club:
    Maccabi Netanya FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Of course I can't wait !!!
    I hope to buy Gladbach scarf and such :)