How has Viana been playing?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Scotty, Sep 2, 2002.

1. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Can anyone tell me how Hugo Viana has been playing so far this season?

2. Fender playa

Fender playa New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Vancouver/Canada
    Hes been great.setting up goals and scoring one ...........

Hes a good player for you guys......

3. toonarmy44

toonarmy44 Member

Aug 28, 2002
    Tyne and Wear
    i knew about him before he signed and he looked a good player for portugal u21's. he has immense potential and is and excellent passer of the ball.

4. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    He looked great in the opener agianst West Ham -- but so did anyone that donned the black and white that day.

He was a bit flat in his limited minutes against Man City, and I thought he looked lost and confused at times today against Liverpool. Like many others in midfield today, he made a lot of passes straight to the team in red.

He's young and is showing many flashes of future potential, but with the returning health of Robert he's going to have a real battle on his hands to get the starting call.

5. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    I think it's time to insert the lad into the starting lineup against West Brom this weekend.

The team needs something fresh and creative after the Juventus shutout. And watching the match against the Brummies earlier this week, they weren't overwhelmingly threatening.

With Robert missing free kicks miserably and not putting in those inch-perfect crosses he made last year, I wouldn't complain too much if Viana started in his place.