How good will Quaresma and Hugo vianna be 4 years from now??

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Fender playa, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Fender playa

Fender playa New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Vancouver/Canada
    Can they replace figo and rui costa? Maybe, maybe not. Well just have to wait. If they keep on develpoing the wat they are thell be better then Figo and rui costa. But the question is will they keep on develpoing into the next superstars????

2. Selecao2002

Selecao2002 New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    MA
    While Viana and Quaresma are commonly compared to Rui Costa and Figo respectively, I think we should put the brakes on any kind of comparisons. Let's not lose sight of the fact that Viana is 19, and Quaresma 18. Both have just one year of first division football under their belts.

Let's also remember that when healthy, Figo and Costa are two of the very best players in the world. Now, if Viana and Quaresman continue to develop at their current pace, then the sky is really the limit for the both of them. Viana plays with a maturity and composure that belies his age. While he may not be as dazzling as Rui, he seems to be very consistent, whcih is a common criticism of Rui's game.

As for Quaresma, anyone who has seen him play has to be impressed with his speed and electrifying ball skills. This kid has some crazy, crazy offensive moves. But, he (as does Viana) still has much to learn. Do not be at all surprised if Quaresma leaves Portugal next summer.

3. nas2nj

nas2nj New Member

Jun 12, 2002
    Newark, NJ
    Only time will tell!!!!!

4. jp77

jp77 New Member

Apr 18, 2002
    USA- CT
    quaresma will be the next figo !!!!!!!!! watch out

5. nas2nj

nas2nj New Member