How good is brazilian Helton?

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Frank Cunha, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    is by far better then Marco Aurelio, the ex Brazilian Olympic goalkeeper could be making the jump in the upcoming season,
    he can be the replacement for Baia or take the place of Ricardo at Sporting

APRECIAÇÃO À EQUIPA
    U. Leiria frente ao Benfica: Helton resolve tudo e a equipa aplaude
    A União de Leiria não costuma facilitar neste tipo de jogos e, mais uma vez, foi no acerto da equipa no terreno de jogo que esteve a chave da vitória. Um suplente, Fangueiro, resolveu o jogo, marcando o golo, só que na baliza esteve um guarda-redes que se mostrou inultrapassável

HELTON (5). Quem tem um guarda-redes deste nível dificilmente poderá pedir melhor. Este brasileiro é um dos melhores a jogar na SuperLiga e ontem voltou a mostrar porquê. Esteve atento a todos os lances que aconteceram na sua zona de acção e teve intervenções de boa qualidade, transmitindo uma enorme confiança aos companheiros. Evitou um golo quase certo a Simão (43), foi corajoso aos pés de Zahovic (82) e defendeu um livre directo de Manuel Fernandes (84). Estes são somente três exemplos de uma noite de grande inspiração. Mas não ficou por aqui: outras defesas seguras aos 13', 62', 88' e 89'.

LARANJEIRO (4). Começou por se mostrar num livre directo (16), mas foi na marcação implacável a Simão que se destacou. Na primeira parte nem tanto, mas na segunda não deu hipótese.

RENATO (4). Difícil de ultrapassar no jogo aéreo e atento na hora de actuar na antecipação. Encarregou-se da vigilância a Sokota e quase sempre com sucesso.

JOÃO PAULO (3). O capitão esteve sempre atento às movimentações contrárias, comandou a defesa e não hesitou em afastar a bola para a bancada, sempre que era necessário.

EDSON (3). Um duelo interessante com João Pereira, embora nem sempre ganho. Momento de enorme inspiração, com a assistência para o golo de Fangueiro.

OTACÍLIO (3). Nem começou assim tão bem, com algum desacerto nos passes e na forma como não entregava a bola para criar jogo. Melhorou com o tempo e marcou bem Karadas.

CAÍCO (3). Mereceu a substituição, numa altura em que já jogava na direita e dava sinais de cansaço. De resto, esteve por todo o lado, sempre perto da bola.

PAULO GOMES (3). Uma entrega ao jogo digna de registo. Peça fundamental no meio-campo, não hesitou em recorrer à falta. Obrigou o Benfica a lateralizar jogo.

FÁBIO FELÍCIO (3). A sua magia terminou antes da substituição aos 73 minutos. Muito criativo, trocou várias vezes de posição com Krpan, para baralhar as contas do Benfica.

FANGUEIRO (3). Habitualmente suplente na equipa de Vítor Pontes, foi ontem titular no sítio do costume, a direita, e marcou um golo bem ao seu estilo, em contra-ataque e com toda a calma.

KRPAN (3). No melhor e no pior. Bem pelo que lutou, e merecia o golo, mas mal nos inúmeros lances que desperdiçou. Podia ter feito melhor depois de ultrapassar Moreira (35), e mais tarde rematou fraco só com João Pereira à frente (90+1).

TORRÃO (2). Reforço para o meio-campo, numa altura em que a única palavra de ordem era defender. A sua principal missão foi vigiar todos os passos de Zahovic.

FREDDY (2). Ponta-de-lança a partir dos 73 minutos, quando entrou. Deu trabalho: uma boa jogada pela direita (76) e um lance que parecia perdido (90+1), roubando a bola a Argel e oferecendo o golo a Krpan.

SOUGOU (1). Estreia do senegalês da SuperLiga. Bons pormenores na direita mas muito pouco tempo em campo para se mostrar.

Autor: MIGUEL PEDRO VIEIRA
    Data: Segunda-Feira, 29 de Novembro de 2004 02:36:00

imprimir comentar

2. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Mourinho[Chelsea] knows how good is Helton, don't be surprise if Queiros be on the run for Helton at MU, much better keeper then any of the keepers at MU

3. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    IMO, he's the most under-rated player in the world. He's brilliant, but also kind of a Baia-type jackass with the timewasting.

4. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    all the goalkeepers do it, special when they win

Helton just learn the lesson well

I do agree with you, by far one of the most underrated players in the superliga

How old is Helton?

5. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Leiria goint to make a bunch of money, I don't know if they own the whole contract, or Vasco da Gama still can get a piece of cake

6. Dracul

Dracul New Member

Sep 25, 2004
    IMO, the best gk of the league!

7. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    by far the most consistent, remember he shadow one of the most promised keepers coming out of Sporting, Costinha, I believed still his sub

with Helton Leiria went to the final of the Intertoto Cup

8. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Sporting was interested in him a couple of years ago and then shyed away. That could have had him for less money than Ricardo.

His problem has always been his consistency of play. He tends to "lose focus" when not playing when of the bigger clubs. While most players tend to do this it becomes more obvious when you are a GK.

I would expect him to switch clubs soon though, as he is still pretty young.

9. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    his by far better then Ricardo, Moreira and Baia

if this guys were playing for Leiria they would let 50 goals in a season, or more :)

remember Leiria in the last few years lost Nuno Valente, Maciel, Derlei, Duoala etc

10. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    They have always had a pretty good side, that is why I can't understand why they don't get more fans at their games.

New Stadium+ good team= no fans? What is going on? I know they charge alot for their tickets, but that can't be the only reason.

11. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    you got a point, the problem with the Superliga they should send blocks of tickets to the schools for free, or 1 euro a piece, and the school should provided transportation

Beira-Mar and the city of Aveiro, for example provide's the fans with free transportation from the train station to the stadium and vice versa

12. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  13. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I remember in the 80's going to a game between Estarreja vs Leiria, they were both playing in the second division , the end result was 2-2

sometimes I think, it could be Estarreja in there place, Estarreja draw's more fans for there games on the II division B

14. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
    Everytime a "small" team takes on a "big" club, there's always someone that comes out of that game as a new "craque". Jorginho was God after the game with SCP, but a few weeks later nobody talks about him anymore. Now it's Helton, has a hell of a game against SLB, he's the new hero. In a few weeks nobody will be talking about him anymore. These guys only play well against SCP, SLB and FCP, when they face crap teams like Estoril, they play like 2nd division players.

15. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Helton is not in that category, since day one he took over for one of the most promised keepers in Portuguese Soccer,at the time he was supposed to be the next Baia, anybody remember Costinha?

my brother in law comes to my house and says how good Moreira is and goes on and on and on, to be true I don't want Moreira on my Beira-Mar team,

16. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    This two keepers were supposed to be the best thing the ever happen to Portuguese Soccer, one was called to be the 3rd keeper in the WC 02

17. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I have to agree, like I wrote on my post in this thread he seems to fade out in certain "lesser" games. SCP did look at him a couple of years ago, but "settled" on Ricardo.

Which I don't understand, because SCP had 2 decent keepers in Tiago and Nelson.

18. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Helton only allowed one goal in the last 7 games

in the last 32 official games, including the Intertoto Cup, Leiria only lost 3 games,

Leiria undefeated in the last 7 games
    Nacional -0-Leiria -3
    Leiria -1-Benfica -0
    Guimaraes-1-Leiria-1
    Leiria-0-Braga-0
    Academica -0-Leiria -1
    Leiria-0-Moreirense-0
    Beira-Mar -0-Leiria -1

19. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    Costinha :D i remember him from Boavista's days and then Sporting, but he had some problems with Sporting's board so he joined Porto, the beginning of his fall, like Peixe

20. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Helton his keeping Costinha on the bench since he arrival in Portugal from Vasco da Gama, Helton was in the Brazilian Olympic team

21. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    i know, Helton is awesome, i would prefer Helton over Quim and Yannick together, Helton already played in Brazil's senior team a couple of times

22. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I can't believe people are acting like Helton isn't that good and only good against the big 3. You want more proof he's not a one-game wonder? And I'm only posting because I found this as the most appropriate thread to mention his double PK save against Morais yesterday and the fact that he carried Leiria the whole game.

23. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Helton is the man and should make some good coin in the near future. Bruno Morais was an embarrassment, being stopped twice. Helton made it look so easy.

24. Hurley

Hurley New Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Porto
    No, Helton was a starter for Vasco da Gama a few years ago and he has a few caps for Brazil, so hes not a crappy player.

25. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Leiria undefeated in the last 9 games, thanks to Helton