How even small-time neocons can label terrorism victims as "soft on terror"

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Michael K., Oct 26, 2004.

1. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Do you mean Ann Richards? I would agree that Rove is a slimebucket.

2. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    I guess the answer to that question is no.

3. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    theres a nice campaign ad being run by a reep candidate in PA (i think...).. basically its talking about how this "liberal" (who is the incumbant, obviously) voted against our invasion of afghanistan and subsequent taking down of the taliban... the same taliban who...

raped women (only two words or images on the screen)

killed innocent children (only thing on the screen)

supressed human rights (only words on screen)

and a list of a few other horrible things, implying that the candidate had actively taken part in such actions.

it was brilliantly sick.

or catostrophically sucessfull, depending on how you wanna look at it.

4. Kelly Vargas

Kelly Vargas New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Scottsdale, Az
    im surprised anyone who opposed the invasion of afghanistan would even have a shot at re-election

5. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are certainly much better at it!

Darth Rove hard at work

[ I hate that images are broken on this forum. :mad: ]

6. GRUNT

GRUNT Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lake Oswego, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess you like guessing.

7. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  8. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    As a friend of mine said "the Republicans seem to be so good of punching you in the face whilst complaining that you are headbutting their fist". That line should explain all the currnet madness.

9. coachklowco

coachklowco New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Newark Ohio
    Curious were you at the discussion? I was.

Re-read the statement. Does it say that it was ok for 9-11 to happen. Does it say anywhere that it was ok that he was kidnapped and held prisoner for 7 years? It doesn't say any of those things. It doesn't excuse the actions taken by terrorists. What it does say is that we need to take a closer look at why they hate us and that it is possible that some of the things we do are wrong.

I was lucky enough to met Terry and have had several long winded discussions with him. I don't agree with everything he thinks or says. Though I think it is very admirable that a guy, especially somebody like Terry, can say that it is possible that we are doing some things that are wrong. A guy that has the balls to admit that as a country, our farts don't always smell like roses...I like that.

Yes, it is very self-reflective. It takes a lot to consider the fact that some of the policies your country enforces might be wrong. It takes a lot to admit that, perhaps, while you goals may be noble, the way you go about achieving them are wrong.

As 'analytical' as taking a quote from a discussion that, I am betting, you were not part of and attaching whatever meaning to it you want. As analytical as just assuming that all US policies are right on the money and the only reason why anybody hates the US is because they are jealous that we kick ass and are just crazy.

Sorry man, I know Terry. You don't have a clue as to what he is saying. You didn't find out what the discussion was about, just found a quote you didn't like and attached your meaning to it....hell it wasn't even your meaning it was Joy Padgett's.

10. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know something though, in this case, I would have voted against the candidate. NO reason why we shouldn't have went into Afghanistan. It was when he went into Iraq that Bush started to screw up.However, Karl ROve is still the embodiment of all that is evil sick and wrong with our country

and how has Max Cleland not been mentioned yet?

11. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You do understand though that at that level, generally the incumbent has a huge advantage. If anything my guess is that she lost votes with that ploy

12. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That race for the US House, with Republican Fitzpatrick versus Dem Schrader, was an open seat (I believe). The ad (narrated by the Miller High Life guy and paid for by the National Republican Congressional Committee) criticized Schrader's lack of experience and ripped her endorsements from Council for a Livable World (or something like that) and move-on.org. These groups were the ones that had opposed the Afghanistan invasion etc. The best part of the ad was the flashing up of terrorist events. They went back a far ways, flashing up the Munich Olympics (damn you, George McGovern, damn you to hell :rolleyes: ). Good, wholesome, fact-based stuff. Fitzpatrick won, BTW.

13. 1953 4-2-4

1953 4-2-4 Red Card

Jan 11, 2004
    Cleveland
    What's wrong with that? Ever read the 1st Amendment?