How do you....

Discussion in 'Player' started by StandUpSpeakUp21, Jul 14, 2005.

1. StandUpSpeakUp21

StandUpSpeakUp21 New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    learn those fancy soccer tricks you see on the freestyle videos

ive tried to learn by watching vidoes but i cant seem to get it right and its hard to learn a trick by reading step-by-step directions

any tips

2. CC05

CC05 Member

Jul 16, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Keep practicing. If you're watching a video, try to mimic the moves. If you can, slow down the video and try to watch the move frame by frame. Do the moves slow first, on your own, with no pressure, and then gradually speed it up until you get used to the move.

3. Soccerboymi

Soccerboymi New Member

Apr 10, 2004
    Brevard county
    its not that hard you just watch as careful if u can if it is that amazing which it should be if u cant figure it out but try slowin it down like the guy before me said. also try to look at it from the best view. that probably sounds pretty stupid since its got 1 view but i dont know just take all the tips you can get.

4. SpeedyOne

SpeedyOne New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Only practice and persistence can help you out. When you master your touch on the ball you can really start learning tricks. Until you've tried something for awhile there's no way you can just pick it up straight away.

5. benito camelpene

May 31, 2003
    miami
    go to this site, www.beyondfootball.com, to help you out.

oh and you shouldn't be trying to do any hard tricks if you can't juggle the ball with your feet, thighs, chest, head, shoulders, etc. I see so many kids who can't juggle the ball for a minute, try and fail to do these tricks they see ronaldinho do in a video compilation. You have to work your way up, imo, baby steps......practice everyday and you'll get there eventually.

6. Bodmanza

Bodmanza New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Edmonton, Canada
    So which do you guys recommend learning first? To dribble at high speeds or to juggle at length for a feel of the ball?

7. BillP

BillP Member

Jan 20, 1999
    rather than going straight into the complicated move u see in the videos, start simple, for instance, to get to where you can jusggle and flick your leg around the ball, you have to start by passing the ball off of a wall and flicking it up to get ur leg around it...
    But i personally think that once you get that move down, it leads you into a whole new level of freestyle juggling...

8. BillP

BillP Member

Jan 20, 1999
    juggling for sure...
    gives you more an overall feel and touch, which is much better than being able to dribble really fast...
    but when you first start, its very slow, but once you get one move down, it leads you straight to another, its kind of exponential once you get going...

9. Bodmanza

Bodmanza New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Edmonton, Canada
    Well the reason I ask is that I havent played soccer in about 8 years and am now thinking of playing next season. Just wondering what are some essential skills :)

10. SpeedyOne

SpeedyOne New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Forget dribbling at high speeds for the moment then; having a fantastic feel for the ball is much more useful. Allows for better passing and tighter control in small spaces. Practice both, but get competent at juggling again.

11. BillP

BillP Member

Jan 20, 1999
    I think that the easiest way for someone to be successful when coming into soccer wether it be for the first time, or like you, after 8 years of absence, is to be extremely fast, and have a basic understanding of what to do with the ball at their feet...
    But to be "good" i would say that you should go back to basics and do juggling as well as some "taps" then work on being successful with speed.

12. Bodmanza

Bodmanza New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Edmonton, Canada
    Got the fast part down, well I wouldnt say fast. Acceleration wise I can beat most, flat out sprint is a little less effective.
    Its not like im a useless schmuck, I just want to improve so as to not embarass myself on the pitch