How Do You Replace a Legend? - The Transfers, Rumors & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Jun 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

https://twitter.com/MadridXtra/status/1668689695297904640?t=aooM8RS3uZBY-F2THDDqlg&s=19

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  3. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
  4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    PSG leaked the same for Neymar in 2019 though. Fed up, for sale etc then. Less leverage for PSG if Mbappe 100% refuses to renew but let's see.

Deep Pal, Anon., MerlinRM and 1 other person repped this.
  5. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    #130 Raul-7, Jun 13, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2023
    Same thing I said; they will funnel players between Qatari clubs. UNLESS he's tired of their bullshit.

6. eran bar-levi

eran bar-levi Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
    formally: in my watch is now 21:48 in 2 hours and 12 minutes from now it will be wensday, this saga will give us every day 24h details with different twits.

Deep Pal and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  7. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anon. repped this.
  8. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    And if the player refuses? Again, clubs cannot funnel players regardless who it is

9. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Tick tac, tick tac, sh!t is happening *yawn*

10. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Cringe.

12. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    He doesn't know a thing. Literally denied it yesterday.

I still believe this is PSG calling Mbappe's mother's bluff trying to force their hand to come to an extension agreement now instead of allowing them to drag things late next season and be bent over a barrel handing that woman an island.

Anon. repped this.
  13. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ramon Alvarez de Mon has been consistent. He says we are waiting calmly to be told a price.

Put differently, we wait for a green light from Qatar. Who knows if it will come

Glide84 and REALFOREVER repped this.
  14. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    He is one of the few on the Madrid side I actually trust.

Deep Pal, Anon. and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  15. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You play with matches and you get burned.

16. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Am I the only one who’s on the Mbappe train? Ok then.

W8W8 repped this.
  17. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we’re all one foot in, one foot out :D one foot in that we all would want him at the club and understand the magnitude of his quality, one foot out that we’re dealing with the Qatari monarchy and being relatively unsure of the player’s actual intention.

We’ve been burned too many times. Cautious optimism, hopeful skepticism. Easily the biggest transfer target since Cristiano. A marketing and footballing juggernaut

El Sid, arcane, Deep Pal and 4 others repped this.
  18. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    So disrespectful to Hazard.

19. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    I’m all in :D

Deep Pal, Ssr9 and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  20. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    He's basically saying common sense shit. Like what else would we be doing?

I hate how these people play on things as if they know something giving updates when it is obvious they know nothing.

boeder repped this.
  21. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I guess I’m not following. Even if the player has no intention of ever leaving Paris he has almost no incentive to sign an extension now. His leverage is at its maximum next summer when he can leave or opt in for another year. PSG has no hand to play, they’re completely at the player’s mercy. They can try to make his life difficult if he refuses to renew or move but all sides know that’s not really in anyone’s interest.

I think Mbappe’s intentions are exactly what he says they are. He wants to play another season there on a fat salary and then cash in next summer—whether at PSG or elsewhere. As a bonus it gives him another opportunity to try and win the CL there, which I think does mean something to him.

22. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  23. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    1668717468892778496 is not a valid tweet id

:ROFLMAO:

24. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    I think I'm not so bothered by all this drama over last year's disappointment with him because we won the CL in the most incredible and improbable manner....and basically shut the whole football world up. We won the CL without him and against all odds. That was so satisfying because everyone counted us out....and the narrative was that we couldn't reach the top again without Mbappe type players... well ...we did!

Now is a great time for him to come because he still hasn't won anything major at club level....or individually. The hunger is there! Vini is growing...Haaland is winning everything...he knows he won't reach his objectives at PSG.

From a PSG standpoint ..the project failed...and the key piece in the project tells you he leaves in a year...so they can't even do any serious planning which includes him. This affects everything..coach selection...any big signings ...everything. It's not just about Qatar not caring about money...

It would make sense to sell now.

Deep Pal and Nir_O repped this.
  25. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Exactly.

Which is why if you don't want to be bent over again you need to do something other than waiting and allowing time to pass while their leverage grows. Force their hand now. No more playing games to force you get even more (last year they got €300M signing bonus from those games!!).

That is why they leaked this to cause a storm. They didn't want his mom and him comfortable running time down. They wanted to maximize the pressure to force their decision now.

I'm sure they have a massive offer already set up and the mother has ghosted them. This is there way to force her to answer and negotiate. If she doesn't they have the threat of forcing him to go to the place he has claimed forever he wants to go..... BUT getting paid far far less than he has been.

Why is that significant?

Well because the mother doesn't give a shit about Madrid. She wants the biggest pay day. Even if Mbappe would want to come we have seen that what she wants is superior.

We know Mbappe said he was happy with his decision a month ago. He then responded to the rumors saying he wants to stay in PSG next season. We also know his camp (Mom) leaked to media they have not discussed an extension (we know she lies a lot and that they have because PSG). This shapes up like they are trying the same playbook as last time to shake the Qatari down but this time the Qatari have learned from last time and we force his exit to ensure if the mom wants the bigger payday she will agree to their demands now not wait till later when she has the leverage for a blank cheque.

arcane and Ahmadi8 repped this.