How Do You Replace a Legend? - The Transfers, Rumors & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Jun 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Regardless, that's just not the way Mbappe seems to respond to things.

2. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #12677 Anon., May 29, 2024
    Last edited: May 29, 2024

Nacho is probably leaving in the summer. I think we'll end up bringing in Yoro, eventually.

Deep Pal, PigBenis, Raul-7 and 2 others repped this.
  3. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Farwell aside, Nacho should leave this summer, I think the timing is right from the perspective of his performance on the pitch.

PigBenis, MerlinRM and Anon. repped this.
  4. petros93

petros93 Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 27, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I do not understand why Nacho would leave unless he doesn't like the offer of the club. It's as heartbreaking as Kroos to lose him on my opinion.

5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He was behind make shift CB like Tchouameni until Tcho was suspended vs City. Guess he made the decision to move on then.

Deep Pal, PigBenis, Raul-7 and 1 other person repped this.
  6. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
  7. Aensensen

Aensensen Member+

Jun 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Whatever the outcome is, I'm just happy Nacho got to wrap our scarf around Cibeles. He will be missed if he leaves, and not just because of sentimentality, his contributions have been crucial at times, and he always seemed to give his all for us.

Deep Pal, PigBenis, Ssr9 and 2 others repped this.
  8. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I believe nostalgia is clouding people's judgment regarding Nacho. Since his injury, we've seen a different player. He's lost pace and has been on the wrong side of key moments numerous times. While he did step up impressively in the Champions League recently, it's clear he's in decline. We all love Nacho—he grew up here and has been a wonderful servant to the club. The best way to preserve his reputation is for him to leave now, before his performances start to tarnish our memories of him.

Shay Z, Deep Pal, PigBenis and 10 others repped this.
  9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Timing is right for Nacho and for the club.

Shay Z, libertao, Ssr9 and 2 others repped this.
  10. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    Well said. This is the same Nacho who was benched in favor of a defensive midfielder playing at CB for the first leg against City, that's how poor a season he'd been having up to that point. All the credit in the world to Nacho since then because he's been very good since then, but on the balance of this season he's not been very good. If we win on Saturday, he gets to end the season twice having lifted trophies and being the one to adorn Cybele. It would overshadow his up-and-down season, and honestly that's more than fair as he's been a loyal academy product his entire career and should be remembered that way. It's also likely the best time for him to move on, however, and what better way to do it?

Deep Pal and temesgen repped this.
  11. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    #12686 temesgen, May 29, 2024
    Last edited: May 29, 2024
    I remember his early calls to the first team and seeing him run, he was so quick and had the same fire Dani has. I am going to miss him.

Deep Pal repped this.
  12. eran bar-levi

eran bar-levi Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
    Real has clear strategies: make the players favor them in a clear and uncompromising way, take time and make reasonable offers (in the case of Yoro and Davies who finish a contract, they are really great for their teams) and drag out the time until they have no choice, after all they both finish a contract and in the end it or Money now or nothing.
    Is Davis suitable for Real? time will tell. Defensively he was never a lift to say the least, less good than both Fran and Mandy, offensively he is probably better than both but again what are we looking for? I don't know how to answer about him, about Leny Yoro, he could be an attrition, he is a young talent and could within a year be our best brakeman according to his talent.

13. Galatico

Galatico Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 15, 2019
    Deep Pal and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Shay Z, libertao and Deep Pal repped this.
  15. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If this move works out like it should do and the attack gels together well, it’s genuinely going to be absolutely devastating.

The two best players in the world together in attack, surrounded by our completely elite and perfectly balanced midfield. Madness.

Deep Pal repped this.
  16. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a drama queen. LOL, ughh.

FULL QUOTE:

They offerend me enough money to buy a country, they even offered to faciliate the deal if I wished to be actual royalty. My mom said I would be rich wherever I went but that I had the opportunity to positively change the lives of many people and I shouldn't only think of myself.

Then I was invited by the President of France to try some of his homemade croissants, but they are not very good. He also makes a potato sald with raisins, I had to smile and pretend to like the cuisine. He said I should stay in Paris and become a national treasure.

Choosing to sign a contract and earn half a billion dollars for kicking a ball wasn't an easy decision and I don't wish that on anybody.

17. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah I tried not to rub salt in their wounds TOO MUCH.

Aensensen, Deep Pal and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  18. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid

So Mbappe is not allowed to come back to France. He is a political exile after screwing the Qataris? :)

Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Leave him. He just a kid!!!!!@@1

Aensensen repped this.
  20. lecannois

lecannois Member

Real Madrid
    France
    Jul 6, 2023
    Keep in mind that, technically, PSG own Mbappe until the end of June. So legally, he cannot wear the colors or do any marketing for any other team until July as PSG still own his image rights. Most clubs release their players so it’s often moot. But given the state of affairs between pSG and Mbappe (legal battle coming since he hasn’t been paid)…. I’m sure he’s being careful.

He can say where he’s signing but that’s it. Also, I believe Madrid are dictating when the announcement should be made. After CL final likely.

21. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This guy is so cringe. What does he not wish on anybody, their mothers orchestrating a bidding war to get some extra millions euros in the next year? Help us win a couple of titles and then feck off to Milan or Liverpool or whoever is your other favorite club. Could have been Madrid's greatest legend, instead he will end up around Zamorano or Bale level in the club's all time rankings when its all said and done.

22. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Man you guys are really in your feelings about this dude.

it all worked out. We are getting him for cheaper, we landed Jude (not sure we would have had we signed Kyllian), we won a league and are favored to win another CL

We are getting a hell of a player, still in his prime. That’s all I care about. If he flops, then I’ll be the first one to criticize him but until then, welcome to Madrid my dude. Hope you score tons and win lots of titles

23. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    I don't understand why you guys are so resistant to the notion that the Qatari owners put an absolutely insane amount of pressure on their club's 23 y.o. superstar not to leave their club right before the Qatar world cup. Have the Qatari elite not made it clear a) how proudful they are, and b) the kinds of outside-the-lines tactics they will use?

This is what I have said happened all along, yet we still have posters going with the simplistic, "he's just in it for the oil money" -- not coincidentally, the same posters who insisted he would never leave PSG and that all his comments were just a way to leverage more money out of PSG. Reminder again: this was the only extension he ever signed and it was only a 2-year extension, while PSG desperately want to throw more money at him and keep him forever.

J-Mezzy and Anon. repped this.
  24. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Yeah, I'm $ure it was very difficult for him.

Aensensen and Hendrix22 repped this.
  25. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Like I said, same posters.
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/h...rs-lies-thread.2126250/page-256#post-41648785

J-Mezzy, Anon. and hector_br repped this.