How Do You Replace a Legend? - The Transfers, Rumors & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Jun 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree but PSG seems to have a different idea on how to handle the situation now, he won't be allowed to enjoy the hefty salary, benefits, luxuries etc. without signing a long-term deal. Either he renews now for the long haul or gets sold in the next 2 months.

Mbappe on the other hand wants to enjoy another year swimming in PSG's money as the #1 loyal star (no Messi, no Neymar, no Ramos) then leave for free to another club that'll pay him insane wages and bonuses (since they won't pay a transfer fee).

It's a shame that RM is now caught between these two instead of genuinely working on attainable options.

RoadMan, Serengeti_Boy and Anon. repped this.
  2. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Except Madrid. It's incredible how tame RM has become in negotiating galacticos in comparison to past years. Kudos to Florentino for showing señorio to people who literally make money thanks to slave labor.

3. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think this is precisely it.

4. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    PSG can't sell Mbappayed if he doesn't want to sign with the buying team.

And that buying team has to come up with a compensation package on the same level or higher than his current one because of his mother.

He's most likely not coming guys. The only team who could pay him are the oil clubs.

In a hypothetical, I wonder how an Mbappayed - Haaland partnership would do.

5. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    That tweet by Mbappe is probably the smartest thing he’s done to date. Brilliant play.

Savior, Ssr9, Anon. and 1 other person repped this.
  7. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Both L'Equipe and Le Parisien are media arms of PSG and they're sending subliminal messages to wind up Flo. I can't bear seeing our old man get humiliated again.

8. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah it’s a good move for him. Savvy shit. He can’t lose from it. It’ll look even better when he goes to Utd instead of us, he can feign actual surprise at how the summer turned out.

Savior repped this.
  9. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    If PSG thinks Mbappe is really leaving, than it wouldn't surprise me if they want to sell.
    They aren't really in a position to run it back after Messi leaving. Holding onto Mbappe for a year just holds back their rebuild, which I assume they would want to start this summer.

Ssr9 repped this.
  10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If PSG mess around (2019 Neymar saga, 2021 Mbappe saga), move on to Kane deal in early July itself. This might be similar to Neymar - Bale situation in 2013. Hope we don't stay with our depleted attack and wait for Mbappe in 2024.

W8W8 and Anon. repped this.
  11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Also Mbappe has cost them a ton more money now compared to 2021. He got 200 M signing bonus, 72 ME nett wages last summer itself. Maybe that's encouraging him to take a decision based on sporting ambitions now?

PSG might be in cost cutting mode already with signings like Asensio, Kang in after letting Messi go. Then again Ugarte is pretty expensive and they could replace Messi with Osimhen.

Ssr9 repped this.
  12. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    I hear the concern but some players once they get the move they want stop their antics. Look at Suarez when he came to Barca. Didn't have an incident. Rabiot as well has somewhat relaxed.

Maybe it can work out. He can't believe he is bigger than Madrid. No one has ever been.

Anon. repped this.
  13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sid Lowe's article saying the same thing I feel.

Mbappé delivers challenge to PSG hierarchy with Real Madrid ‘lies’ claim

Striker says he is ‘very happy’ and will stay next season

Mbappé’s statement comes as a direct challenge to the PSG hierarchy, who are determined not to lose the him for free in a year’s time, as a standoff develops, the first step in a long summer. Madrid had initially planned to move for Mbappé in 2024 but would be prepared to bid now if he is put on the market, particularly after the departure of Karim Benzema 12 months ahead of schedule. The Spanish club, though, remain reluctant to be drawn into another battle having failed with a €200m (£171m) bid to sign him in 2021 and again in 2022 as his contract was coming to an end, when they believed he would join them on a free transfer.

That pursuit was played out publicly, with Madrid convinced they had an agreement in place. Mbappé’s last-minute decision to remain in Paris had angered many in the Spanish capital but contact was reestablished, an apology had been made, and the intention was to line up his signing ready for next summer. This time, it would be up to Mbappé to take the necessary steps. He has now done so.

Faced with the prospect of losing him for free – a risk they had been prepared to take in 2021 – PSG’s preference is to push through a sale this summer. Mbappé does not want to be forced into a move not of his choosing. Le Parisien newspaper, which is close to the club hierarchy, reported on Tuesday that he intends to join Madrid immediately. He tweeted, though, to say he would to continue in Paris for another season.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ning-real-madrid-immediately-from-psg-as-lies

Doni and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  14. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    I don't really understand the Kang signing. :confused:

15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    What is savvy about it?

PSG out-maneuvered Mbappe's mother. They're the ones making the leaks to kill her playbook of using the thread of Madrid.

The basically called hee bluff to corner them.

Zidane05 and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  16. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Mbappe's mother probably wanted weekly loyalty bonuses.

17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

18. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    They are angling for something significant. His denial showed their hand

19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I love how these guys know we've been in contact with them yet no one was talking about this a week ago.

It was all Kane and Havertz

20. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019

CR 5 months before signing for us: “I’m happy in Manchester”

Savior repped this.
  21. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    I don't really interpret the denial that way.
    It's Mbappe afterall. It's like a battle of egos.

Mbappe: I will go when I want to...
    PSG: You will go now and like it.

22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

24. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    This is what I have been saying.

PSG has outsmarted Mbappe's mother with this leak. It puts them in a corner they can't get out of without making a decision.

If you guys actually remember last year; they just drug things along trying to force the maximum payday and it worked. Fayzma is trying to do the same thing this time as if Qatar are fools. They aren't.

Ahmadi8 and boeder repped this.
  25. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    In light of all the games he's been playing over the years, do we want this toxic mentality at our club? Even PSG is sick of him!

How long before he pulls these stunt with us? Or starts a campaign vs Vinicius and/or Rodrygo for hogging his space? His explosive talent is undeniable but his/his mother's residual toxicity is just too much.

Aensensen, RoadMan and arcane repped this.