How Do You Replace a Legend? - The Transfers, Rumors & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Jun 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    With regards to this, not quite true IMO, there are differences, first the majority of fans here think David is a poor CB and should be playing LB, it’s been that way for ages now, for a reason, David spent years playing LB exclusively, unlike Militao, Nacho or Fede on the right, them playing there may be considered emergency scenarios agreed but, again my opinion, not David at LB.

2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    You're right... however see how that turned out? Also the multiple years on his contract made his cost (at this time there was inflation) this high.

Had he only one year remaining we are paying half of that amount.. if not less.

It is not a crazy bargain to pay €25M for a FB with a year remaining on his contract.

What I hope is the club shows bayern they can't dictate to them and we wait as we have with other transfers.

3. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Our definition of depth is different. I agreed that Lucas and Dani are better than anyone on the left, except Camavinga. My definition of depth.... if there is an injury crisis on the leftback position, we still have plenty of able bodies who good enough to play on the same poistion.

4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Like I said, if we’re not comfortable with the price, we should walk away and risk it to sign him for free. I don’t think we’re desperate for a LB even though you always want to add the best players in the world at their respective positions.

5. lecannois

lecannois Member

Real Madrid
    France
    Jul 6, 2023
    You could still sell Mendy for 20 million at least. He's not old and solid defensively. Been relatively healthy this year too. There are very very very few half-decent fullbacks out there.

If you want a world-class left back, 50 million is right in terms of market value today.

So if Real Madrid wants Davies and not pay more than 30 million, they need to sell Mendy and it works out. Bayern will not sell below market value.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That would be a new one. Practically gift wrapped every player in recent memory.

Savior and RMadrid2222 repped this.
  7. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    25mm now or 15mm signing bonus in 12 months, seems rather straight forward to me.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I doubt he plays the final year of his contract. It's either he extends, or he joins another team.

Doubt Bayern give us a Dortmund style good relationship bonus.

9. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    RoadMan, temesgen, W8W8 and 2 others repped this.
  10. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I agree.. in the end if he wants to come to Madrid, bayern can't force him to go anywhere else so they will have to accept what we propose or lose him for free.

temesgen repped this.
  11. gladiator guti

gladiator guti Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    Flo is adding Leny Yoro and Alphonso Davies to the club long term project. You can bank on it.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    After the Mbappé thing the club has shown it's down for any kind of humiliation to get who they want.

Galatico repped this.
  13. gladiator guti

gladiator guti Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    What is Mbappe thing? Flo has managed the transfer market really well in the last 10 years or so. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

14. RMadrid2222

RMadrid2222 Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Feb 1, 2023
    Yeah what Is the mbappe thing? And hey, I didnt feel humiliated as a RM fan when mbappe didnt join every year. We were winning CLs in the process AND buildiing the team in other áreas which were also important.

Also, no, clubs wont look at the mbappe-real Saga and say hey RM will basically Pay anything and wait forever for who ever we got. They understand context.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We offered them hundreds of millions at his final contract year. We were ABSOLUTELY ready to pay anything.

16. petros93

petros93 Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 27, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    And that's humiliation?

W8W8 and RMadrid2222 repped this.
  17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He basically had us by the nostrils. This relationship dynamic also needs to change massively should he join the team by the way. I think everybody here knows that.

hector_br repped this.
  18. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
  19. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Because Cristiano never ever did that while at United.

20. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Lol

4x4s repped this.
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Here's an incredible stat. Mbappe has been a PSG player longer than Ronaldo was a Manchester United player when he joined us.

22. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Why is it so hard to admit that Mbappe treated us like little bitches, and we keep returning to him and will give him perks no other Madrid player ever had?

You guys hate the Baaaawwwss jokes, but this "Flo is a badass and Madrid PwNsSs the other teamZ" is much more idiotic and childish. Time for some self-criticism. It doesn't kill you.

Galatico repped this.
  23. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not a surprise at all:
    upload_2024-3-3_18-21-12.png

libertao repped this.
  24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Guy that leaked info to the press angry at info being leaked to the press.

.halamadrid2. repped this.
  25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I mean Florentino became president signing a player who didn't even want to be here. Figo used Florentino as bargaining chip with Barca believing he'd lose the elections. Figo ended up helping RM win 2 leagues and a CL.

We all know what Mbappe did which were all money motivated. But if he joins, he'd be the one giving up a lot of money because PSG would renew him in a heartbeat bettering his current deal if he wants to stay.

So yea, Florentino has shown he can go to any lengths to get the Galactico he wants and RM socios proved they don't care as long as we get the best players in 2000 itself.

Shay Z, libertao and RoadMan repped this.