How Do You Replace a Legend? - The Transfers, Rumors & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Jun 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eran bar-levi

eran bar-levi Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
    this is all a tactical move, i am stying but not renew my contract, now PSG have the ball to their hands without RM in the picture .

2. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    I hope Perez secures Kane soon so this BS stories about that snake ends soon.

Suppose he does join, his mother could do this same circus every summer for a pay bump. No thank you. If you thought CR7 was bad, this is worse.

If Perez does get Kane for a reasonable price. I don't see why that would stop Flo from signing Mbappayed.

Aensensen and saadomar repped this.
  3. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    If I'm Kane I'm interested in being the focus of a project not the backup, plan b, consolation prize.

4. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Well Harry Kane isn't an accomplished player enough to be that egotistical. He has won j@ck $h!t.

BTW, what do you guys feel if Mbappayed does join Madrid, yet he only wants a 2+1(player option) deal?

5. Stiliyan

Stiliyan Member+

Feb 11, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If it is on a free transfer, then why not.
    If we pay 200m, then of course not. 4 years would be the minimum.

Anon. repped this.
  6. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Honestly I think people are overthinking the tactical moves here. If there is anything we know for certain, it’s that he and his entourage love money. That trumps everything else about his dream, comics etc.

Mbappe wants to leave for Madrid, but he also wants to earn his €72m salary + whatever loyalty bonus he gets for staying his full two years. No way this money hungry scrooge mcduck leaves without collecting that paycheck.

PSG can make all the noise they want about ‘renew or leave’ but we know better than anyone from Hazard, Bale, Mariano etc. that you can’t make a player leave who has a contract in place. I hope to God we go after Kane. I was done with toxic Kylian and his entourage already last year. Enjoy Paris and then Manchester.

Aensensen, saadomar, Bear Crotch and 2 others repped this.
  7. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    It wouldnt really be a free transfer because the club most likely be spending a chunk of that budget on his signing bonus and add ons.

8. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Kane better start kicking up a fuss. Manchester City have Haaland and look to continue to dominate English football for a long time. Kane's options in England are all gambles.

He could join Manchester United, but they are hardly in a position to challenge for the title.

Chelsea could come good, but that's a massive if.

Liverpool already have Nunez but could be an option but not likely.

He needs this move now for the sake of his career.

arcane and boeder repped this.
  9. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #84 Shay Z, Jun 13, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2023
    My theory is that Mbappe doesn’t want to give up on one year of the mega salary he’s on. He wants to bank that and then sign with us or United or City or whoever for a hefty signing bonus. He wants the best of both worlds. Best situation for him. That was his plan A but then Benzema leaving a year early and Kane being sorta available changed the equation for him and he realized he may never get a chance to sign with us. Maybe they shifted to plan B which was to release the letter to the press to put pressure on PSG.

PSG don’t want to pay him for next season if he’s not gonna stay so they’re pressuring him to sign the extension they’ve offered. Maybe they are ok with selling him but surely not to us. It’s a personal thing for them when it comes to Real Madrid. If they sell to us than they’ve lost face, headline will be Florentino always gets what he wants. I think Mbappe will play out his contract with assurances from Florentino that he’ll sign in January. I don’t think PSG can sell him if Mbappe refuses. Florentino’s response in that video from the other day also points to 2024 summer arrival. Although things can change.

Personally I would love to have him at the club. He’s one of the best players in the world and is entering his prime. His greed or his family’s greed and the way they go about conducting business is not something I want our club to deal with on a yearly basis. We are used to Benzema renewals which never made any news other than when they got signed. But maybe, he will have more respect for an institution like ours, maybe it’ll be a yearly drama. I’m not certain, can only hope for the best. What he can do for our team on the pitch is undeniable. We will be serious contenders for the CL with Manchester City and big favorites for La Liga.

10. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Here we go again :D

saadomar, arcane and Shay Z repped this.
  11. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't know if Kane will have another opportunity to be the focus of another big team after his Madrid ship sail. Manchester United will likely sign Osimhem. They also have Rashford. Bayern Munich????? I don't know enough about Newcastle. Manchester City won't be interested. He is not going to be a Judas. So he won't be playing for any of the London clubs, and none of them will be a contender of a major trophy outside of the Europa Cup. He might stay another year and see while Levy might be desperate now with this Mbappe thing.

12. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Their current "project" failed, Messi and Ramos left for free, Hakimi wants out and Neymar will be shipped, they also failed to cash in on their own talents like Nkunku and Diaby. They want to retrieve some of their investments by selling their most valuable assets and starting over.

It's the State's sovereign wealth fund after all, while they have a lot of money, it's not free money, they are accountable in front of the Emir. Losing Mbappe for free will not only be an epitome of bad management but an embarrassment.

He will be sold this summer imo.

Anon. and Ssr9 repped this.
  13. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just don't put all your eggs in one basketball.

Ssr9 repped this.
  14. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Qatar is changing how it views PSG. It was bought simply as a marketing tool for their World Cup and overall it has been a success in the original intent.

Now, post WC, they see an opportunity to buy Man U a crown jewel of Football. This does not come up very often. Buying Manure they can now compete with the other oil states in Man City and Newcastle for dominance. PSG was always going to be an uphill battle to recruit the best players since the league is shit.

Mbappe sees the lack of investment (Asensio is not moving the needle). PSG needs to spend 400m on transfers alone on a new attacker midfield and defense to compete for a CL. Instead of dumping money at PSG, the sheiks will put the money in ManU. And they are also negotiating a transfer clause or some other deal that makes Mbappe go to Man U in 2024 or 2025 for this extension.

Mbappe doesn’t want to be a pawn but he wants his bag and is going to flex as much leverage as he has. He doesn’t want to be stuck at PSG for 1-2 seasons of mediocrity and then get sent to Man U.

Not sure what the end game is for him other than money but I don’t see PSG being his permanent home once the money faucet is turned off for recruitment of new players.

15. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Good points. Do you see them dealing with Florentino or Jose Angel again? Wouldn’t they lose face, which, apparently, means a lot to them. Surely Qatar’s post World Cup strategy for PSG is different from their pre World Cup one.

They can sell to someone else I guess but Mbappe has to agree terms with that club. If he refuses they can’t really do anything. The contract is the contract.

I think he stays and gets his giant paycheck and then sign as a free agent so he can maximize his financials yet again.

16. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I still believe there’s almost no chance he leaves this summer. Just running some rough numbers:

If he leaves this year:

He probably goes from a €72m salary to closer to €50m. We will pay €150m for the transfer so maybe his signing bonus will be lower, but let’s say €50m.

So next season he will then ‘make’ €100m.

If he stays another year:

He makes €72m salary at PSG, plus he will come for free to us or United and get a €100m signing bonus. So he would make €172m in that case.

€72m more in this hypothetical example for staying an extra year, not counting any loyalty bonuses he will have negotiated with PSG.

The actual numbers most likely differ but the mechanics are the same. He is going to sit tight and negotiate a €100m+ signing bonus for next year with us or United or Newcastle.

boeder and Seoul Villan repped this.
  17. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe I'm a lone voice here, but I don't want mbappe and the baggage he brings (his mother) in Real Madrid.
    The same shit show is going to happen every summer in Madrid. His mother or one of her minions will tweet that mbappe has an offer from some EPL team and they want more money to stay.

Aensensen, RoadMan, saadomar and 2 others repped this.
  18. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Not directly, maybe through intermediaries but I think Mbappe needs to go public with his desire to leave to RM and that would make him public enemy #1 in France, and even then I see PSG quoting some insane sum like €300mil while dragging the negotiations well into the final days of August.

We know that Mbappe and his mom are money hungry so if City or Utd offer crazy packages, he might sign a 2 year contract with either, apologize to Perez and start this whole nightmare all over again for the 5th time.

saadomar repped this.
  19. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Not sure about the last part, but I called this weeks ago :sneaky:

Raul-7 and arcane repped this.
  20. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It would be absolutely fantastic if as @Excape Goat suggests this is all a ploy by Floro to get himself some leverage at the bargaining table with Levy re Kane. But I think Levy might be ok with just letting Kane run out his deal.

saadomar repped this.
  21. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    His actions, previously as well as now, indicate he doesn’t want to be seen as the bad guy in Paris. He wants the most cash and also wants it be seen as a good guy.

Savior, MerlinRM, Anon. and 1 other person repped this.
  22. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Lol all this has been an epic comedy/thriller/drama/tragedy orchestrated and calculated by Flo since 2017. Everything is going according to his plan, it's all intentional. :D

Ssr9 repped this.
  23. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I don't want anything to do with the loyalty bonus-player-captain-football-can-solve-the-world-problems BS that PSG used to ruin Neymar and have severely damaged the character of Mbappe.

Look at guys like Camavinga, Jude, Tchouameni, they are here because of the project; Mbappe thinks he is the project. No thanks, that mentality will never work.

Aensensen, PigBenis, MerlinRM and 4 others repped this.
  24. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    It’s a legitimate concern.

madridismo and Anon. repped this.
  25. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All sides playing game, don't believe anyone at this point.

Excape Goat, Edino Edinho and boeder repped this.