How Do You Replace a Legend? - The Transfers, Rumors & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Jun 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    He’s going to fight to get scraps of minutes, even more so next year. The signing was a head scratcher to begin with as we don’t really use a CAM, he needs to go on loan for 2 seasons and get used to playing at a higher level than the Turkish league.

2. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Will Wirtz stay at Levarkusen

3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    If we arrange our team in a way that uses our personnel well he wouldn't need to leave and could have a role.

If we force this personnel (shoe-horn) it into a specific formation and way to play than he will need to leave pronto

zizou555 repped this.
  4. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    The fascinating part about these "Mbappe is leaving" tweets is that you can simply copy and paste the text every 18 months and still garner thousands of retweets and comments.

Deep Pal, Raul-7 and Digital repped this.
  5. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    It’s the gift that keeps on giving

6. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Sounds like we are not caving on our reduced offer.

7. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't read these latest reports as anything new, his camp (i.e. his mum) are negotiating for as much as possible.

There will be walk-away point for both parties, the question is what that amount will be and whether it'll be reached.

8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

9. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    That boys mother is going to ruin his career and won't care because all she actually wants (the most money possible) she used him to achieve.

Dude is going to resent her in future like Ozil

W8W8, Glide84, madridismo and 10 others repped this.
  10. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    To be fair, he may not be as ambitious as a lot of people on here think he is. If he retires with a fortune that will support generations of his family, that might be the biggest achievement in his eyes.

I'm yet to be convinced that he's desperate to win the Balon d'Or, or achieve global universal acclaim as the "best player in the world" playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

11. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    #9961 Raul-7, Feb 12, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
    I agree; he's proven multiple times that money and ego come first. Being alongside Neymar ruined him.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  12. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    I was actually thinking of Ozil too. :laugh:

Mbappe is basically getting to an age where he has to make a move, otherwise he will just be remembered as some money-hungry merchant who wasted his years away.

13. INST

INST Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 15, 2023
    Anyway, let’s talk about something important.

Seems like the Davies rumors have died down. Wish Cama was better defensively, would allow us to play him as a LB because I prefer Tchou as the DM. Would also allow us to play 433 again, with Jude as a LCM, Tchou as a defensive midfielder and Valverde on the right. Just need a striker that is better than Joselu which shouldn’t be that hard.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I don't know why people need to force us to play with FBs

temesgen repped this.
  15. PeXXeR

PeXXeR Member

Real Madrid
    Sep 24, 2023
    The Mbappe clan acting like we are going to pay him in pennies, thats a shitload of cash.

Go to Man City then, they are the only team outside PSG that can pay you that insane amount.

Guy's gonna get demotivated when he sees his bank account on a weekly with how he is used to PSG.

If what is reported is true and it affects him that much it will affect his game for sure.

16. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    While I understand and respect a player's desire to secure a bag, it's equally reasonable for the club to reconsider a deal involving a bonus over 100 million and substantial wages if we've on about money for this many transfer windows.

My hope is after this upcoming summer inevitable disappointment we finally acknowledge our financial limits and focus on pursuing more achievable targets. That and Mbappe stays in Paris with a long term deal and we continue to knock PSG out of the CL.

Deep Pal and Bear Crotch repped this.
  17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We already spent 100 ME on Bellingham, 60 ME on Endrick (add ons at Palmeiras are being met easily), 20 ME Guler so I don't expect another signing in midfield/attack if Mbappe rejects our current offer. That money will go into reinforcing defense.

18. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    which makes more sense

19. Beowulf112

Beowulf112 Member

Real Madrid
    Croatia
    Jun 3, 2018
    Rabiot and Hermoso are another two interesting players which are free agents in summer

20. INST

INST Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 15, 2023
    Up there with the Martial suggestions. Why are people so insistent on us signing absolute bums?

yoanaidarov, Savior, Digital and 4 others repped this.
  21. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Definitely interesting.

If we feel like making life hard for ourselves …

Ssr9 and Zidane05 repped this.
  22. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Those would be the type of signings we'd make as a show of solidarity with barca's transfer policy

Shay Z, CivilProtection, Glide84 and 6 others repped this.
  23. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Oh, they're offering less than they did in 2022? Don't go.

Yeah, eff you too. Why would Real Madrid pay more for a player who spent an ADDITIONAL two years of his prime in France. He's 26. Not 22 like Haaland, who can give Man City another 10 yrs of his prime. Gtfo Mbappe and ur shitty entourage.

Doni, Nathanial Essex, Deep Pal and 3 others repped this.
  24. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    The package for the turtle should be lower logically speaking.

1. He's not the hottest thing in football anymore
    2. He's older
    3. He hasn't really improved that much, if at all

25. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Hermoso would be fine if we can't find a young CB.