How Do You Replace a Legend? - The Transfers, Rumors & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Jun 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    If nobody else gets injured, I think we are actually fine. Brahim and Joselu have performed well when necessary. Bellingham and Valverde are very versatile. Rodrygo has been gaining form. Tchouameni will be back relatively soon... We just can't have more injuries; that would be chaos.

Deep Pal and Digital repped this.
  2. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed, I’m not panicking yet

Anon. repped this.
  3. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Vini had started to get better in the final two matches but hasn't had meaningful contributions outside of that.

Camavinga is the bigger loss for me.

boeder repped this.
  4. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    But that's been the narrative for a couple of windows both summer and winter, and that was highlighted in JFDs op-ed on Sept 1. For me that spells apathy, negligence and incompetence. We have people at the club who are not doing their job.

Deep Pal repped this.
  5. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    *sh!t-source tier alert*

Mbappe and Fayza not keen on making a decision/signing a pre-contract in January to avoid "pressures" from France and the FFF in an Olympics (Paris) and Euros year.

I see this as the most probable scenario: Mbappe's decision will be made in the summer after the Euros but guess who's bending over and taking instructions from this turd and adjusting our transfer policy accordingly?

6. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    The policy of the club, as frustrating as it is, is financially sensible long term. The risk vs reward is just so small in anyone available in January. And there aren’t any players that will tip the scale.

Not directed at you, but suggesting players who have done absolutely nothing at medicore clubs and haven’t even played in months is desperate and hurts your flexibility long term.

RMadrid2222, Anon. and Digital repped this.
  7. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Loans don't break the bank. I'm not suggesting Martial and I'm not just talking about the winter transfer market.

Again, my hypothesis is that the club's financial situation is not as good as publicly touted.

8. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    I think this a transition year by force [injuries] and lack of a proper striker were eventually going to catch up to us.

9. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Lol I thought last season was the transition year with no Benzema for ~50% of the season, Cama at LB, Kroos+Modric starting, no backup CF and 4 serial deadweights on the bench..

10. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  11. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Heres an idea. Hear me out though.

We should buy Kylian Mbappe. Or Erling Haaland.

I think they can help us somewhat, but I'd send Juni Calafat to track them for a few weeks just to make sure.

boeder repped this.
  12. lecannois

lecannois Member

Real Madrid
    France
    Jul 6, 2023
    He will decide in January (he's decided already per good sources)... however, it is an impossibility for him to announce anything until PSG is out of Champion's League. So if PSG doesn't make it to elimination rounds, then you can expect Mbappe to announce early in the year assuming all his terms are met. Otherwise, it will happen shortly after the team exits the competition.

13. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    He has already decided.

Anon. repped this.
  14. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He's actually playing for Real Madrid since Sept (as per good sources). The Emir decided.

The idea that he's made up his mind already or will do so in the winter is hogwash imo, Kylian and his family are manipulative and shifty characters, a pov backed by 7 years of history. I think they will milk this saga until the very end to maximize profits from both parties (PSG and RM) and everyone in between.

Deep Pal, Serengeti_Boy and arcane repped this.
  15. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  16. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    To extend with PSG.

arcane and boeder repped this.
  17. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I don't know that part. All I know is he has already decided.

Oh and you guys are ate up with everything about him

18. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We're going to release an official statement in the next few hours claiming that we're not :D

19. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    They’re also not free. And so as with every financial decision a business makes it has to be a smart one. Even smart decisions don’t always work out, so imagine the probability on a stupid one. One where you’re bringing a player that hasn’t played in months, who when he has played over the past few years has shown little to nothing. Why? All so he can sit and watch more capable players play in front of him while we feel fuzzy and warm that there’s someone that we recognize warming up the bench.

Digital repped this.
  20. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He has decided to definitely decide on when he will decide some time when he actually decides.

Ssr9, hector_br, J-Mezzy and 2 others repped this.
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    From a talent perspective Cassano was far above Sancho. Incredible waste of talent.

Ssr9, Deep Pal, J-Mezzy and 4 others repped this.
  22. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Hendrix loved Balotelli but my vice was Antonio Cassano. Devastating player.

temesgen and J-Mezzy repped this.
  23. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thats debatable, but I didnt mean talent, I meant being unprofessional/undisciplined. He was getting in fights constantly, involved with hookers, and he was eating like a pig (his own words). Fun guy though and a good example for your point, but thats m point, I dont think we lost too much by not making him change his ways. If you dont want to change, we move on quickly, no harm no foul. If you do though, the sky can be the limit.

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If I'm going to waste my career I'm going to waste it living the good life, not streaming on twitch during practice :ROFLMAO:

Guys out there throwing millions away nailed on a gaming chair drinking prime energy drinks.

Insane to me. Cassano did the same thing Rooney did, Wayne just had that good old British liver on him that he managed to take it. :coffee:

I don't think Sancho has the profile to change by moving to another big club because he's practically being rewarded for what he's done.

RoadMan and zizou555 repped this.
  25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Balotelli was a dummy, but had sick athleticism. Could've been an insane player.