How Do You Replace a Legend? - The Transfers, Rumors & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Jun 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Bad Bayern breakup for a player wanting to go to Madrid? I’m getting Deja Vu

2. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Of course I’ll address the Rodry part, my thought is, we’ll always need more that a starting 11 to win trophies, some fans are constantly talking about running players into the ground, are you saying he’s not good enough to play for Madrid at all, I guess my question is, considering what he has done on this team already what is that level and do these 10 games define him as a player?

3. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    For me it's about him. Is Rodrygo willing ng to accept being a sub. We saw Asensio's reaction, what will Rodrygo do when he's getting 15 to 30 minutes a game.

Anon. and Açores57 repped this.
  4. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Rodrygo sits in between a regular starter and a sub player. He should be afforded sporadic starts here and there. Depending on the opponents and rotation.

One thing is clear, he hasn't shown Madrid undisputed starter quality for all his time here.

PigBenis, hector_br, REALFOREVER and 7 others repped this.
  5. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Mbappe and Endrick come next season, someone needs to take the fall. And Endrick was playing on the right against Santos. He had some nice runs down the side. The right side might be the place where he gets his minutes in Madrid if Mbappe also comes. Where else can he play? He probably won't be significant here in the next three seasons, but the next coach probably will try to use him. This Guler kid also seemed to be an interesting prospect. Rodrygo might eventually become too expensive to be the backup. He is happy to be in Madrid now, but things can change rapidly if he is losing his minutes. His status with Brazil is very solid now, but what will happen if he is a glorified backup here when he is 25 years old?

Shay Z, libertao and Anon. repped this.
  6. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    The first thing to do Endrick is play him in Castilla. The boy needs to acclimate in Spain and be able to grow away from the pressure.

Shay Z and Zidane05 repped this.
  7. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He should be brought up Rodrygo way.... halfway between Castilla and first team.

arcane repped this.
  8. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    I think Endrick will play most of his first year in Castilla. And as mentioned by some posters, he may see quite a bit of time on the right as a pseudo 2nd striker/winger his first couple of years.

It could become very crowded up front in a year.

New #9
    Vini
    Rodrygo
    Joselu
    Kubo?
    Brahim....

I have not even mentioned Guler because I have yet to see him play.

Even if they switch to 433, that is at least 6 players for 3 spots. Endrick becomes potentially the 7th player in this situation, which is not horrible given his age, but it means lots of minutes in Castilla.

I would like to keep Joselu as a bench player given his age and likelihood that will not complain about it. It is always useful to have a striker you can sub in late in games for headers.

Deep Pal repped this.
  9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Rodrygo played 3 games for Castilla, scored 2 goals and was promoted to first team. Vini played 5 games for Castilla, scored for 4 and was promoted to first team. Endrick unlikely to play long for Castilla espeically if they are in 3rd division. Joselu is on loan and Espanyol could be back in first division next season. If we get a proven scorer, Endrick will be the back up with Joselu returning to Espanyol.

Shay Z repped this.
  10. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    The real question is, will Madrid splash on a true Striker?

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We'll splash on the best player available that we can afford regardless of position. That has been the way we move for about 5 years now.

libertao repped this.
  12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Joselu says he wants to stay, and honestly, I'd like to see him do just that.

temesgen, ImadEdd, RoadMan and 1 other person repped this.
  13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It won't be up to him though. If we spend big on a scorer, club's next priority would be to develop 60 ME asset in Endrick rather than sign Joselu from Espanyol.

arcane and Anon. repped this.
  14. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    With the midfield packed, and assuming Mbappe is lined up with Endrick/Guler/Kubo waiting in the wings for the attack, I am betting we will start looking for a young high-potential CB soon in the mold of the Militao/Varane/Pepe/Ramos signings, with Rudiger and Alaba being on the wrong side of 30 and the latter having clear problems of late.

Shay Z, Saeta Rubia, arcane and 2 others repped this.
  15. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    We dont know how long Endrick needs to settle. Joselu isn't an expensive temporary backup option either.

Heck, we don't even know if Flo will spend on an elite striker.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  16. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Don't forget Thibo is in his 30's post ACL.

17. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    What are the odds thats gonna be another midfielder? :ROFLMAO:

18. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    I mean, RB is the actual biggest need, but I'm predicting what we'll do based on past actions.

arcane repped this.
  19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If we don't sign an elite scorer, Joselu could be signed from Espanyol. But no one wants that after having Joselu as main striker this season. We need another Benz level striker next season and he'd be a lot younger than Benz. And such a signing would reduce Joselu's role so much that club would want Endrick to have those minutes.

Also Joselu won't get 3-4 chances to finish one when he's getting 10 minutes per game instead of starting like this season. Rather have Endrick come on as a sub with his pace and dynamism in such situations.

arcane repped this.
  20. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Lemme guess, it's either a cheap new young RB, like a Marcelo, or a buyback like Fran?

Or just buy another midfielder and play him at RB? :D

libertao repped this.
  21. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #7596 MiamiNative0722, Oct 12, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
    I've probably said this a couple times, but Vazquez's contract runs out in 8 months. It's strange to me to not see more rumors regarding a RB. I'm pretty certain Lucas will be gone and so, at the very least, we need someone to replace him either in a backup role or a competitor with Dani.

We see a lot of Davies rumors on the left side and I am excited for that prospect. However, we need to get linked to a RB.

Potential targets:

Unfortunately, Frimpong extended his contract until 2028. He may be expensive. Transfermarkt lists his value at 40 million but it will probably require more.

Market opportunities:

Free agents in 2024 include Wan-Bissaka and Klostermann. I think either of these guys can be serviceable stopgaps if we want to bring them in for free to be a backup for a while.

Players with contracts expiring in 2025 and may be had for a bit of a discount: Trent-Alexander Arnold, Geertruida, Tomiyasu. Obviously TAA would be the most interesting of this bunch.

Contracts expiring in 2026, wont be cheap: Hakimi, Ben White, Mazrouai, Foyth

PigBenis, 4x4s, Nathanial Essex and 3 others repped this.
  22. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I’ve read some sporadic reports about Malick Thiaw, a CB, just random stuff no doubt as per usual, anyone know if he’s any good though, don’t know him, just wondered

Anon. repped this.
  23. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Seeing how much of a success Bellingham has become could legit convince TAA to come.

My only concern is that I feel TAA thrives with those assist stats because of the system he plays in. He's Liverpool's main creative outlet, or at least was. Put him in a different system and is he going to be giving the assist numbers he's had in the last few seasons? If not, there's not much else I see from him.

If Vinicius an Bellingham are going to be providing the assist, maybe our right back needs to be more of a solid, defensive terrier like Carvajal. I also have reservations about English players and their mentality long term, especially when moving abroad.

So many players start of like they are going to be very good players but end up being pretty mediocre when they should be at their peak; Rashford, Sancho, Sterling, Dele Alli and more.

MiamiNative0722 and RoadMan repped this.
  24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Endrick being a player relied upon is mental. Absolutely.

I'm a bit selfish here because Joselu talks and behaves like a fan that gets to play for the team, far from the entitlement of other options at the position before him. Out of sentimental reasons, I would like to see him be a success for us.

PigBenis, dooda, Glide84 and 6 others repped this.
  25. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Modric just got asked if he will definitely be here in January and his answer was “At my age you have to take it one day at a time, there is a long time between now and the end of the year”.

WTF? It will suck majorly if he leaves in the winter.