How Do You Replace a Legend? - The Transfers, Rumors & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Jun 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Umm jesus christ.

2. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'll put this out there, I'd like to see Alaba used as a Swiss army knife next season and get some reps in at midfield. Minutes will be there with Kroos and Modric departing, club should pursue a younger CB as all our current CBs are into their 30's minus Militao.

Internally Kroos/Modric could be replaced by Alaba/Ceballos

Zidane05 and Deep Pal repped this.
  3. lecannois

lecannois Member

Real Madrid
    France
    Jul 6, 2023
    Some perspective from a media person in the know...

Wahi was expelled from the Caen academy for forcing classmates to undress in the toilets at school. He was 15 and the other children were a year younger.

Romain Molina says that he also forced them to masturbate, but this is never mentioned in the minutes of the school disciplinary board.

Sources from his entourage have said that he was taking revenge on classmates who were harassing him and making fun of his dead father, and he just wanted to humiliate them. Wahi's father died when he was two years old.

You can read more context about this story and his life here : https://www.sofoot.com/articles/ely...ellier-au-parcours-agite-portrait-du-vendredi

There's also a story that took place in a Montpellier nightclub in 2021. A woman complained that he had hit her. His entourage said he just pushed a girl away during a nightclub dispute and she'd fallen over. That was at the end of 2021, and we haven't heard anything about the case since. We don't know whether it's been tried or not.

I never heard about the story of skipping training session without authorization.

Other than this, Montpellier fans will have nothing but positive things to say about his time at MHSC, both on and off the pitch. When he started out, you could see that he was still a child in terms of his attitude and his game, but he has made enormous progress (and in my opinion he still has a lot to improve in his game, his potentiel is immense). It was touching and pleasing to see his linear progression as a man and a player, and everybody will point out his respect for the club and the fans.

4. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I think he could play as a DM but I wouldn't want to compromise Tchouameni's to facilitate that

Açores57 repped this.
  5. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Dead father or not, no thanks. Sounds like someone Barcelona would sign though.

6. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Speaking of players who had a good night yesterday, Noah Lang (left sided attacker) of PSV. How he didn't score is beyond me. On a different night he scores 3. Constant danger from that left side and had Jesus Navas twisted like a pretzel all night.

You want to know a surprising stat: the much ridiculed Luuk De Jong has 12 goals and 6 assists this season already.

Deep Pal, natenate101 and Halycon repped this.
  7. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Now tell me, how can any girl who gets involved with him not care/know/worry about those things? Or worse, being aware of the shitty human being he is and still get involved?
    Semi-illiterates will say I think they DeSeRVE tO Be AbUSeD OMGGG, but that's not my point at all.
    My point is that people are willing to give up their own dignity and integrity for money and fame, sharing their lives with shitty human beings like these players.

8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    This is true.. and of course when things go as one would expect they want no responsibility or accountability in the situation.

hector_br repped this.
  9. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Because girls like bad boys.

RoadMan, Deep Pal and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  10. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who in this particular story about Wahi that you quoted above were, "willing to give up their own dignity and integrity for money and fame, sharing their lives with shitty human beings like these players"?

petros93, Zidane05, Deep Pal and 2 others repped this.
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    "other than this"

Football players hit women because they get their ass beat in clubs when they don't go without protection.
    Women are the only people there in their weightclass. That's who they feel strong against. When they have issues with a man they either apologize or call security.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  12. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    I think it's crap abusive men in general who hit women, not just the footballers. And not just because they are in their weight class. A woman can have 30 pounds and four inches on me, ain't no way in hell is she physically stronger than me.

That being said, some ladies just don't know when to stop, lol.

13. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Like OF girls and some social media influencers. I think it's people's mindset these days more than ever.

hector_br repped this.
  14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There's a different fat to muscle ratio in women, that's why the weight comparison doesn't really check out, but there's examples of football players getting their ass beat in clubs.

I just don't look at a guy with a past like that and think "well other than that it's perfectly fine".

Then again a lot of French football players are growing up in quite the hellscape. Need a tough tough focused individual to stay away from that.

temesgen repped this.
  15. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Perfect.

Nobody. I just used this player's shitty existence to reinforce my point about women who get into relationships with obvious criminals. Maybe this time people will understand I don't think anyone deserves to be abused. Let's see if people get it this time. Here's hoping.

16. AllWhites

AllWhites Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Don’t think modric will want to continue next season, Ceballos might not be around as well. We will need to replace those bodies soon. Oscar gloukh from Salzburg is one to look out for.

17. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Ceballos has renewed his contract until 2027.

PigBenis, yoanaidarov, temesgen and 4 others repped this.
  18. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    Georgia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Pretty sure this is Modric's last season.

I wouldn't mind a Kroos extension though. I think he has been good this year when playing with the youngsters. I see him having a more starting role this season than Luka. Then next year, he can have the Luka role of this year.

temesgen, Anon. and J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bellingham and Camavinga already picked up 90% of what or how Modric contributed to the team. I don't want to say it, but the pair have already taken the barton from Modric. Camavinga also seemed to be able to control the tempo of the game. It was something Kroos offered to the team, but he is also very effective changing the direction of the attack from sideways. I don't see anyone here mastering that aspect of our attack yet.

This is what I am saying.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  20. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sort of but, no one now plays like Luka, especially when he was at his peak, unnatural vision and ball control, IMO Jude and Camma somewhat different but effective for sure

temesgen, Anon. and J-Mezzy repped this.
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Trying to replace Kroos and Modric 1:1 will end up just like trying to do the same with Ronaldo. If it were Easy to come up with direct replacements other clubs would have a Modric and a Kroos lined up no problem.

Shay Z and Digital repped this.
  22. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I think the club has done well so far with most of the additions.

The only missing piece is the starting calibre striker.

Shay Z, Anon. and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  23. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    RB, LB, CF and at some point we're going to have to address Rodrygo. We love the kid, but he's not likely to achieve the level we've hoped.

arcane and Bear Crotch repped this.
  24. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    It’s going to be another Mbappe saga beginning January and won’t end until May/June.

At this point, I’d rather he sign for PSG or go to Manure when QSI buy it. I’d rather we go full court press on Camp Haaland and convince him to team up with his boy Bellingham.

Sadly, time for LV to go and we sign a young RB that can rotate more with Carvajal next season. I’d not rule out an extension for him coming from Flo, as much as we all would lose our collective minds.

Kroos and Modric will likely leave and with Guler, Brahim and Ceballos all capable of rotating in with the core 4 we’re covered there.

I think we should add at least 2 attackers, a real RW and the CF. Rodrygo has boatloads of talent but may not be cut out for a starting role here. I like him and wish he would succeed here but it might not happen for him.

25. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Spot on. We'll need to add CB to that list as well.

RoadMan and temesgen repped this.