How Do You Replace a Legend? - The Transfers, Rumors & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Jun 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dendenmushi

Dendenmushi Member

RM,BD
    Brazil
    Apr 5, 2019
    Here we go, again. Thank god its at the start of transfer window, not the end like previous time. Even if FP puts all money on Mbappe and deal still does not go through, we will have plenty of time for actuall reinforcements.

2. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    This is just making Kane more expensive

3. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Benz said publicly, at an awards ceremony, to "not believe the internet", and then he left.

Some of you are putting way too much weight on what Mbappe has just posted.

Savior and Açores57 repped this.
  4. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Lmao PSG called his bluff and now he is back pedalling.

I doubt he wants to give up on next season's wage even if he has ambitions to leave the year after. Looks like he and his team are shocked by PSG management.

Hope Perez isn't counting on this guy this season and does not sabotage this summer on the hope he's available later. He's destined to move to highest bidder.

PigBenis, ahnaf, MerlinRM and 3 others repped this.
  5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Does PSG actually need to sell? It's not like they need the money.

saadomar, arcane and Digital repped this.
  6. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Oh yeah, the BREAKING and JUST IN tweets hold much more weight than tweets from the person involved, absolutely.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  7. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I think its a threat. Mbappe doesn't want to move now.

8. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Only from a UEFA FFP perspective (for whatever it's worth), and there has been a lot of focus and attention on clubs abiding by FFP recently.

9. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Subs for the Mbappe nonsense.

saadomar repped this.
  10. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, ok, sure, I agree with you 100%. Let's just assume that everything Mbappe, his mother and his entourage say is 100% gospel. Great thought process...

11. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Come on guys, just try to enjoy the game of chess being played by all parties lol.

This is going to make an amazing Netflix doc ....much better than the Figo one.

brasileiragem and Anon. repped this.
  12. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope we fully appreciate how big the Bellingham signing is when it gets announced. Feels like it’s going to go under the radar because of all this drama

PigBenis, saadomar, Saeta Rubia and 6 others repped this.
  13. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Great point.

Savior and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  14. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    To be fair to Kylian, PSG is playing the vintage blame shifting game. They first leaked the letter Mbappe sent informing them he won't renew beyond June 2024 and then the club painted the picture that he wants to leave to RM now. PSG's stance is renew now or be sold this summer; what Mbappe said is the obvious: I will honor my current contract and didn't ask to be sold now.

Mbappe will be sold this summer imo, that said I don't think he'll end up at RM, he's a brilliant superstar but maybe somethings aren't meant to be.

I hope Flo can work in parallel on other signings (e.g. Kane) without being sucked in too much in the Mbappe drama, missing out on Kane/or another top-tier ST after losing out on Haaland last summer because of Fayza will be unforgivable.

15. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s definitely going to be less hyped because of this drama. Hell, Brahim Diaz was presented today and I haven’t seen a post about it at all, lol.

PigBenis, saadomar, Doni and 3 others repped this.
  16. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Doni, arcane and Zidane05 repped this.
  17. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Dude, if he says he's staying, he's staying. All the tweets with 4D chess theories that arose a second later after his post are just from accounts desperate to keep the story alive.

Florentino said he would sign him next year.

I prefer to take their word over BREAKING TWEETS from Madrid Arabia Xtra or something.

18. W8W8

W8W8 Member

Real Madrid
    Netherlands
    Jul 15, 2018
    Are we gonna spend another transfer window with Mbappe maybe maybe not coming bs and end up with no attacker.

saadomar repped this.
  19. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    1668617171801616385 is not a valid tweet id

Hhhhhh this so funny :ROFLMAO:

20. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Nope. My theory in the other thread is the truth; PSG don't want to deal with Mbappe's mothers games and are trying to pressure them to sign the deal they have offered on the table.

Either they sign the deal and take the enormous sum or they force him out early to take meager wages of the non-oil subsidized giant Real Madrid.

Actually an interesting chess move.

Mbappe has seemingly responded to take the heat placed on him off but him and his mother are cornered. They will accept the hundreds of millions but will miss out on the billion they probably are requesting

21. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    Raul-7 repped this.
  22. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Last season, Mbappe used us for a better deal, and screwed up our pursue of Haaland along the way. Because of his actions in the last 24 hours, we might lose out on Kane this summer. So instead waiting for Mbappe and PSG, let's use him to get us a better deal with Kane.

As of yesterday, Kane seemed to be our only solution on our striker position. Levy of course knows that too. So he thinks that he has the upper hand on us, but he also knows that we might be Kane's only realistic buyer who can afford 100 million for him. But now, things have change. Levy might lose his most likely potential buyer, and Kane might walk free to another English club next summer. He might be panicking. If I were Perez, I won't be trusting Mbappe. I would just offer Levy 40 or 50 million plus Odriozola for Kane. Take it or leave it. And we will then go after Mbappe.

Meanwhile, Kane went to bed last night thinking that the opportunity of playing for Real Madrid does not come easily, especially at the age of 30, but he has many other things to consider. He knows that he has time to think things over. Now, he suddenly realises that the Madrid ship might have sailed...... instead of playing for a CL contender, he is not even in the Conference League. What will he do now?

23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Lol please, there is not a bigger joke than FFP. No one gives a shit about it.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  24. Savior

Savior Member

Apr 4, 2008
    I think Mbappe is playing this tremendously. I think it is for sure he will leave this season for a fee or next season for free. I think our legitimate competition is Man U if they are bought out by the Qataris, that delivers the platform that Mbappe is looking for.

unlike other posters, I don’t think his recent tweet contradicts his letter. It’s a phenomenal move while still playing “nice.”

Have you ever dated somebody you knew was terrible for you but you just couldn’t leave for whatever reason. That is Mbappe’s situation with PSG, just add billions and first world political pressure.

25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Yeah except Figo had a contract signed, and he had a release clause, and he was not playing for a club with endless money and power.

saadomar and Bear Crotch repped this.