How Do You Replace a Legend? - The Transfers, Rumors & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Jun 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    This is a very possible scenario. Will be hard for Mbappe to go the whole year without renewing.

Would also make perfect sense if Haaland renewed. If both of these players don't renew I'd be extremely shocked.

Endrick is coming but will be raw and too young for too much responsibly.

I say get Sesko and spent the rest of the money on defense.

Vini/Brahim - Sesko/Endrick - Rodrygo/Arda

This would be a young but extremely talented offense we can mould into something special.

Time to move forward.

2. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Interesting, also, question, please correct me if I am wrong but wasn’t he benched for one of Bayern’s biggest games of last season, the return game against City in the CL, and was that disciplinary or injury safeguard, I think he made an appearance later in that game?

I know he started out as an attacker ( still plays in an attacking role for Canada?) but the rumors that he is unhappy at LB isn’t good

3. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Yeah, German press would never single out a non German player who happens to be black as an example of bad behavior at Bayern Munich.

Deep Pal and boeder repped this.
  4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What a bunch of absolute nonsense.

hector_br repped this.
  5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Davies who's the best LB in the world when we have often injured, offensively challenged Mendy and Fran Garcia is a luxury. But marquee CB signing is needed when Rudiger likely to be 3rd choice CB when Militao returns?

The likes of City will be after Davies btw. He'd have rejected bigger offers from oil clubs if he ends up at RM like Camavinga, Tchouameni and Bellingham did.

6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

7. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I really like Davies and he's the kind of FB i want in my team but i think the only reason we are interested is because its a "market opportunity" and he's obviously one of the best in his position. All this could also be coming from his agent to help in the renewal talks with his current team. Some have posted that he's on record saying he doesn't want to play LB which is a huge red flag as far as i am concerned.

I think it's way too early to guess what the club is going to do next summer. CF is an obvious hole in the squad, RB second priority. We know Endrick will join. After that it's all about prioritization and opportunities. Let's say there is some great young CB somewhere that the club rates, they will go in that direction or go with what we have for another season, if Fran doesn't cement a starter role this season they might look to sell one LB and buy a new one. Or just go into the next season with Fran and Mendy. Thankfully the base of the squad is already constructed, the big need is up front and i think it will be addressed next summer.

Deep Pal, Chinky24, Açores57 and 2 others repped this.
  8. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think with our two best defenders suffering ACL setbacks –only God knows how they'll come back post-injury– and an ageing Alaba, who's been shaky since last year, the CB department does need reinforcement imo.

I saw Rudiger vs Japan and his fluctuation in form + proneness to errors (not based on 1 game) is troubling.

9. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    On 4x4s point - I just saw an interview with Davies where he talks about how he doesn’t follow any diet. If he seems a juicy burger he wants to eat he just does it.

Somehow still ends up dominating physically on the pitch; but this is an area where we have been burned before by Hazard. I hope the club takes it into account too.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  10. Beowulf112

Beowulf112 Member

Real Madrid
    Croatia
    Jun 3, 2018
    Im sure Davies will go next summer for about 50M€ if he doesnt renew because he enters last year of contract..80-100M€ is crazy for a full back in last year of contract...bayern wont be like PSG..they let their players leave if they decide so and they dont squeeze every penny

11. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yikes! Sounds like Jovic, he had a wicked fancy for sweet things, he also publicly complained that he didn't like the Bundesliga because strikers weren't offered space to operate – all this was publicly available information that our scouts missed

12. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Norwegian 18yr old Antonio Nusa of Club Brugge looks to be a really great up and coming prospect. Made his NT debut recently and scored. Someone to keep an eye on, he can play LW or centrally. Apparently Chelsea (surprise surprise) wanted to sign him last month but he prioritized game time and said no.

Deep Pal, Halycon, Doni and 1 other person repped this.
  13. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    From the very very little i've seen looks like another Vin, i'd love to see another up and coming Benz like player

14. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Bayern sold a 34-year old Lewandowski to Barcelona for €50mil, he too was on his last year with the Bavarians.

I don't think Bayern is selling for anything less than €80mil, the kid will have many suitors.

15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sounds like Marcelo who was the best LB in the world from 2011-18. Davies is 22. Lifestyle started affecting Hazard and Marcelo badly on the pitch when they reached 28-29. That's the difference between elite talent and Jovic type talent.

16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  17. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I know it's a random tweet ,but, he really shouldn't be our "top target", we already have two LB's surely our top target would be a striker

Deep Pal and boeder repped this.
  18. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Not to mention Miguel as another LB option.

Digital repped this.
  19. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Marcelo was in decline but was his lifestyle really an issue.-- he looked to be very involved with his family. I think he had some weight issues at times but I haven't heard anything about late night partying or drinking for example...

Deep Pal, Nathanial Essex and ahnaf repped this.
  20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Marcelo had weight issues and didn't care about diet, I guess. Hazard is a family man as well. He just didn't eat healthy nor took training that seriously (according to Chelsea teammates). Davies might cheat diet here and there, but looks like a gym rat.

images%20(58).jpg

W8W8, Deep Pal, temesgen and 1 other person repped this.
  21. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    It's up to the scouting team to determine if Davies's nightlife might lead to an early decline or discipline issues if the club is really interested.

He's still young enough that perhaps Madrid might still get their money's worth until he declines at 29 or 30.

Personally, I wouldn't waste my scouting resources until I sign a #9. But that's just me.

Deep Pal, boeder, Zidane05 and 1 other person repped this.
  22. lecannois

lecannois Member

Real Madrid
    France
    Jul 6, 2023
    Having seen Neymar, Verratti, etc. ruin their careers because of lifestyle... i say stay away. Once these guys get near or around 30 years old, they fall apart.

23. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Frimpong's contracts will also expire in 2025. I don't know how to rate him but Reece James has a long contract with Chelsea which made him as a more realistic options. Trent Alexander-Arnold's contract also expires in 2025, but he has a bad rep.

24. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Recce is also Chelsea's captain. He's super injury-prone. TAA shouldn't even be mentioned tbh. Frimpong is a much better option than both imo.

Lol I thought we don't go for English players from the EPL because Beckham didn't learn Spanish and Owen slept in a hotel?

Excape Goat, Deep Pal and Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We don't go for the pale skin posh geezers.