How do you celebrate your goals?

Discussion in 'Player' started by aidil, Nov 28, 2005.

1. bora bora

bora bora New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Brisbane
    jan koller used the corner flag as a penis vs denmark @ euro 2004

2. mrfocus

mrfocus New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Montreal, Canada
    Hey, I just thought of this.

Me and my friends are weird sometimes (well actually most of the time).

One celebration I could easily do is laying front down on the pitch and humping the ground. I would air hump the goal keeper too, but I'm pretty sure the ref wouldn't like.

3. Wasted

Wasted New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    Louisville
    I've been wanting to do that celebration at my HS's alumni game but I haven't been able to play in it since my junior year of high school, and I'm a sophmore in college now.

I can see the look on my old coach (who I didn't like)/everyone in the crowd's faces when I rode that flag all the way down the touchline.

I also used to think it'd be fun to score, and then do pull ups on the crossbar. I'm sure the keeper wouldn't be to happy about that, but its his fault for not stopping the shot right?:D

4. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    If the defender or marker has been winding me up all game, then I talk shit to him.

If its just a normal game, I dont celebrate. Its only fun when you can make someone feel bad.

5. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    if it is a regular goal I just do the pointing finger, smile and go back home

if it was an amazing goal (like a flat-out hard volly shot) then I would do the airplane and just run like crazing to my other half

if I am in total focus and feel like I need to score more goals, I just pick the ball and run like hell to the centerline and get ready for the whistle

if it is a championship game with minutes left before the final whistle and my team is winning by a 2-goal margin and I score a goal, I take my shirt off and run like crazy then throw my shirt at the referee so I would get a straight red card and get to hit the shower quickly to clean up for the trophy presentation!

6. blastoff

blastoff New Member

Aug 27, 2005
    Basingstoke
    I intend on doing this with a team mate tomorrow if i score a goal (playing upfront and i have never scored for my club) - so we plan an extravigant celebration if i net - top idea buddy

7. soccerfan123

soccerfan123 New Member

Mar 27, 2006
    i raise my hand in glory and cry!!!!

8. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Exactly!

Some punk ass did the "shoe shine" thing after scoring against us early in the first half once. We beat the hell out of him for the rest of the game. I think he actually subbed out (for good) in the middle of the second half because he was getting hit so hard every time he touched the ball.

9. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004

haha, glad you like it. hope you get to do it.

if it's a good goal, then I'll let the celebration slide. otherwise, the scorer just put a target on his chest. and, to aidil.. I'll take some fouls during the game if necessary. I also have 10 other guys on the field who have my back, plus everyone on the bench.

10. Wasted

Wasted New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    Louisville
    Well some of us have targets on our backs regardless of whether or not we celebrate a goal. When a team knows that you're the only offensive weapon, put two guys on you, and you still score, it's worth a celebration.

There are a couple times I can remember when I scored a goal and did a little celebrating, and the defenders tried to get physical with me. Best part is that my celebrating got him angry and out of his game, and would just make it easier for me to make him bite on a fake and score again:D .

11. SoccerLuva

SoccerLuva New Member

Apr 2, 2006
    USA
    Well, you don't really do a lot of scoring in defense, so I can't really join in this. (This is only my 2nd year of soccer). Last year I played mid field like the entire season and I got like...one goal. And I just gave my teammates high fives. But what really bugs me is when the other team dances around when they score a goal. I lost my game on Saturday a pathetic 12-1, and the other team would get in a line and put their hands on their hips and swing their hips around and scream....OMG, so annoying!

12. schmuckatelli

schmuckatelli New Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Well done! Playing well is the best revenge.

I like to find the teammate who gave me the service that got us the goal and credit him first. (I say this as if I score buckets of goals... Ha!)

13. SoccerPro843

SoccerPro843 Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Austin, Tx
    I just do the airplane. When I scored my first goal for the team, that's what I did. I do it everytime now.

14. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    when i scored this year i salsa'd

15. SoccerLuva

SoccerLuva New Member

Apr 2, 2006
    USA
    This is only my 2nd year playing, and last year the only position I ever played (with the exception of one game playing defense) was mid field, and I only ever got one goal. But I just gave my teammates high fives.

What really bugs me, is when the other team dances around after they get a goal. It's really poor sportsmanship. I understand celebrating, but just being cocky is kind of rude. Like, at my first game of the year on Saturday (I was defense) my team lost a pathetic 12-1 (no, I'm not kidding), and everytime the other team scored, they'ed line up, put their hands on their hips, and swing their hips around and scream. It was SO ANNOYING!

16. ToBeAGooner

ToBeAGooner New Member

Jan 3, 2006
    Whenever I play in pickup games, I do the Pires. IE, roll away from goal wagging your first finger.

17. PsychedelicCeltic

PsychedelicCeltic New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    San Francisco/London
    Turn around and jog back to halfway.

Yeah, dour British-style centre-back, not exactly into the whole flash thing.

18. retsniv

retsniv New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    NORCAL
    As a defender my whole career, I could probably count my goals on one hand. But when I do score I fking flip out.

19. Wasted

Wasted New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    Louisville
    Don't take the celebrating personally. Unless it is directed specifically towards you, hypothetically if you were to get beat and the guy scored then turned and pointed at you then it's crossing the line. There is nothing wrong with celebrating a goal. I think we tend to take everything to seriously here and forget that it's all just a game. Lighten up, it's just soccer ;) .

20. Shen-O

Shen-O Guest

Aha, you rock. I do exact same thing. You're a true Gooner :).

21. brock_boogie

brock_boogie New Member

Apr 19, 2005
    No celebration...

Just get back to centre and score on them again.

=o)

22. Wasted

Wasted New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    Louisville
    Had an assist, and threw a little rave party on the field in celebration. Basically amounted to 3 guys looking stupid trying to dance. :cool:

23. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I had never scored a goal, and always wondered what I might do when I scored!

Well, on Thursday, after scoring a pretty good curling free-kick, I just raised my arms quickly, and ran back to my position!:p

24. Sain1

Sain1 New Member

Dec 7, 2003
    Dallas
    im surprised ive never posted in this thread, maybe i didn and when i went back i missed it.

But my new thing to do when I score is just stand there absolutely still and wait for everyone to run up to me. Anooys the other team so much cause its like saying "What!. That was so easy I dotn even neeed to go crazy and celebrate."

25. Raider Red

Raider Red Member

Jul 30, 2002
    Dallas
    I've thought about snorting the end line. Don't have the stones to actually do it.

The one time I scored, I gave the Tiger Woods upwards fist pump. I'm a defender, so that was just a pure reaction celebration...I'm not a Tiger fan by any means!