How did you apply for tickets?

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by EXboxur, Dec 15, 2005.

1. EXboxur

EXboxur New Member

Dec 9, 2005
    I FedEx'ed after my 6 hour long journey of Fax attempts were unsuccessful.

2. DMunited

DMunited New Member

Jun 19, 2001
    Austin TX
    Fed ex after failed fax

3. EXboxur

EXboxur New Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Make sure you vote too. :)

4. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I don't even know WTF this poll is supposed to mean so I voted for the choice that makes the least sense.

:D

5. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    Carrier pigeon.

6. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I used a vacuum tube like they have at the drive through window at my bank.

:D

7. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Through FIFA, receiving confirmation of tickets a few seconds after doing so on-line, but not getting final confirmation of full payment until jumping through numerous hoops and dealing with some ignorant bank officials...

... but I've got tickets.

The Magpie

8. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's way too high tech for me. I did it the old fashioned way: smoke signals.

9. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    Holy hell, that is so old school. That is like drinking a straight-up glass of milk.

(If you didn't get that reference I will be forever disappointed in you.)

10. EXboxur

EXboxur New Member

Dec 9, 2005
    So far it looks like most of us are in the same boat and ONLY FedEx'ed after unsuccessfully trying to Fax our applications in. I was very tempted to Fax AFTER FedEx'ing, but the risk of double applying and getting disqualified was to high to take that chance. I hope I made the right choice by ONLY FedEx'ing. :(

11. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ps spidergoose did you notice your birthday is the same as mine

What do you take me for, a super-size homo jackass? :)

12. T Nitty

T Nitty New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    MD
    Ha! I knew that looked familiar. That's been my homepage link in my profile for a long time.

My favorite:
    Suckin' Dick Bought This Van

Oh yeah, I was lucky enough to be surfing on BS when FIFA released some tix, and I refreshed and refreshed until I got 2 US TST's. Yeah boy!

13. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: snoopys balls

Thus bringing the total number of people here who recognized my username to three.

And I was with Magpie and T Nitty in the "goofing off at work at the right time to get a TST" boat.

(what the hell, I run a cartoon forum where I talk about soccer, I go to a soccer forum and talk about cartoons)

14. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: snoopys balls

Thanks to Rishi posting right after the FIFA site opened up I was able to get in and score (2) TST-6's.....

Paid for them with my MasterCard Debit, FIFA took my money within 5 minutes and I had confirmation of the tickets in hand!!!!

I think the USSF has to get some of those FIFA folk out to ChiTown :D

15. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The interesting thing about this poll is that as of the time I voted, there were 48 votes and the poll had been open over 7 hours. Assuming nobody voted twice, even if this only represents 10% of the people on BS who submitted for tickets, and considering the limit of 4 tickets per game per order, that accounts for approx 2000 tickets (per game).

(48 x 10 = 480 x 4 = 1920)

If you use the logic that the most motivated soccer fans care enough to post to BS, then that makes for good odds. Let's say just 50% of the people who wanted tickets posted to BS - that would mean the total number of orders accounts for around 4000 tickets.

Those odds aren't too bad considering there should be around 3200 tickets or so per match for group play.

Does anyone else have any completely fabricated statistics like these that make you feel better about the situation? :D

I'm sure someone from USSF is lurking here and just laughing their ass off about all this.

16. EXboxur

EXboxur New Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Nice post. :D And I'm glad somebody saw the reason I made this poll. Just trying to gain a little further insight on this whole ticket #'s thing.

17. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    The fabricated statistic I have that makes me feel better is that Americans don't give two fvcks about soccer. At least, not enough fvcks to make getting these tickets a problem. I really think we're all going to be fine.