How did RHCP “By the way” do in the States?

Discussion in 'Books' started by aloisius, Sep 13, 2003.

1. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    It was a massive success in Europe, and with good reason. A wonderful album. Still enjoy it more than a year after first listening to it. What did you think about it?

2. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    i love it, but i know some in america don't...

but then again americans think 50 cent is cool [​IMG]

3. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never heard of it and why would I like it? I'm being sincere here. Most of the stuff I buy these is because I heard of it on these boards or read a review in the paper.

4. Pack87Man

Pack87Man BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 1, 2001
    Quad Cities
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It did well here in the States. I have the album and I like it. I was a little surprised at first at how mellow it was, but once I adjusted I really enjoyed it. Just about anything by RHCP is going to be big here in the states.

And Nancy, you should listen to it because it's a fun rock album and a little bit goofy. I know your tastes seem to run away from both rock and modern, but I think most people can enjoy this album.

5. Nate505

Nate505 Member

Feb 10, 2002
    Colorado
    Sucked. That is, if you are used to these guys having funk like I was. Talk about wussing out to the nth degree. I can't believe this is the same band that put together Blood-Sugar-Sex-Magick, which was an absolute masterpiece.

6. Nate505

Nate505 Member

Feb 10, 2002
    Colorado
    Much like Europeans think that techno crap is cool....

7. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

for the 1000th time... i am american [​IMG]

and i also think techno is crap... doesn't change the fact that 50 cent is crap NEXT!

8. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    What kind of techno are we talking about here?

And please don't answer "all kinds".

True there is some crap out there, but some guys (like saint-Germain and Laurent Garnier) at least try to do some creative stuff with the genre. Not that they always succeed in doing so.

9. Nate505

Nate505 Member

Feb 10, 2002
    Colorado

Ahh, but I didn't call you American.....I was just making a generalization about Europeans, much like you did about Americans and 50 Cent.

Then what was your point?

"A lot of American's don't like the new Chili Peppers album, but a lot of them also don't like 50 Cent, so their taste in music is obvioulsy poor."

which I countered with this point

"A lot of European's like the new Chili Peppers album, but a lot of them also like that techno crap, so their taste in music is obviously poor."

10. Nate505

Nate505 Member

Feb 10, 2002
    Colorado
    But it's the only answer that makes sense.