How convinced are you with Paqueta?

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by ilbaasha, Mar 26, 2006.

1. ilbaasha

ilbaasha New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Kuwait City
  2. ilbaasha

ilbaasha New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Kuwait City
    I believe that Saudi Arabia is capable of much better than what they've achieved in recent matches... to me, he should be shown the door ASAP.

3. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    First things first. He shouldnt have been appointed at all. And with the recent results i wish to see him booted off. But our saudi friends say that paqueta is saving the best for the last and That may come in the month of MAY. So i am keeping my fingers crossed for that..................

4. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    If Germany didn't boot its coach after losing 4-1 to Italy, when they are expecting to win the WC, then why should we boot the coach because he couldn't win in 7 games? Its all friendly games, you learn mistakes and practice, while in official games you kick ass. (Yemen 4-0 away?)

5. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    well if they had lost to 4-0 to usa, then he would still not have been booted because the world cup now is very much near. But they thrashed the usa, so he is still the best coach for germany............

while paqueta is not getting results against significant teams like portugal.................. and you have to admit yemen is a fairly weak team......

Seriously the only highly qualified experienced team that the saudis were able to defeat convincingly (IF you are looking from JANUARY 2005) were south korea last year and thats it. After that we HAVE either drawn or lost to SIGNIFICANT Teams.

6. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    If Yemen at home is bad, then so is Lebanon away right? So why we lost in one and won thrashingly in another? Because one was a friendly, and another was an official game.

7. ilbaasha

ilbaasha New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Kuwait City
    I guess today's match is the real test for him... he should win convincingly to get my approval!

I mean, even if SA won 1-nil but performed to their standards I'd be very happy... Otherwise, He should be shown the door.

8. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Well guys, I don't like paqueta but now I believe that even though Saudi Arabia loses today and infact all the friendlies afterwards, we have to support paqueta till the first two matches of the world cup as there's not much time left for hiring new coach and give the time to new coach for his new experimentations.

I think that although majority of us don't like paqueta but still, now we don't have any other option but to back him till the world cup. We just got to hope that he glues or gums together the Saudi National team so that all the players show quick movement, skills, short & quick passes, control and shoting as well as dribling & dauging ability against big teams on the field. If Saudi Players play combinely and with coordination then I think it will be a great success for paqueta. In previous encouters, Saudi players were not playing combinely like Sami was just walking or standing on the field and it seemed that he didn't like to come near or even touch the ball. Even if any player had the ball they just lacked quick movement i.e., running, quickly passing etc., and they seemed to run out of ideas or creativeness when ever they had the ball under their feet.

If paqueta overcomes this problem commonly found in the Saudi players then I believe that he will turn out to be a successful manager for the Saudi National Team after all!

9. ilbaasha

ilbaasha New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Kuwait City
    get him out!:mad:

I guess that concludes the deal, he's simply too little for the team.

10. ilbaasha

ilbaasha New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Kuwait City
    according to the editor of (Super) the Emarati sports magazine who was interviewed by Al-Arabiya earlier today, he confirmed that Paqueta was sacked and named a Serb as his successor (cannot remember the name).

The Saudi FF said that it is a rumour. according to some people in a Saudi message board.

link

11. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    People forget sacking Paqueta! Who should come for him?! And ******** all those stupid channels and magazines who only spread rumours! Paqueta will and must stay.

12. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    أكد الأمير سلطان بن فهد الرئيس العام لرعاية الشباب رئيس الاتحاد السعودي لكرة القدم ثقة سموه الكبيرة بالمدرب البرازيلي باكيتا وبقية أعضاء الجهاز الفني المساعد وقال سموه عقب نهاية لقاء منتخبنا الودي وبولندا: يجب على القناة التي بثت هذا الخبر ان تعتذر لأن الخبر غير صحيح ونحن في الاتحاد السعودي ننفيه جملة وتفصيلاً، لأننا لم نناقش حتى لمجرد المناقشة هذا الأمر وطالب سموه القائمين على هذه القناة تحري الدقة قبل بث أي خبر مستقبلاً. :D

http://www.alriyadh.com/2006/03/29/article141917.html

13. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    The mistake has already been done by kicking calderon out. And it would be disastrous now if they kick paqueta out too.

This a view of a polish fan after the match

14. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

OK Sahbekham, what desperate measures must now be taken? I mean, what must we (The Saudi Fans) and The Saudi F.A., Paqueta and The Saudi NT Players MUST DO????? I agree that now, we cannot fire Paqueta but, I also agree with this Polish fan comments so, What DESPERATE MEASURES SHOULD ALL OF US TAKE NOW??????????????

The Best I can imagine are the Saudis themselves i.e., Saudi64 and other Saudi Nationals on this forum must e-mail/fax/telephone suggestions to the Saudi FA and the best suggestion that I can come up with is that Saudi NT should play even against their own local Saudi Clubs so that they combine together and gain some sort of mutual coordination and understanging i.e. accurately passing as well as short passing each other and run i.e., RUN is the key to all the success. Saudis don't run for the ball even for snatiching or attacking. They just try to slow down the pace of the game which is unacceptable in modern day soccer. If Saudis play a running game i.e., run with the ball for attacking, run to gather the ball instead of waiting for it to come to them, run to tackle and snatch the ball from the opposition's player etc., then they might become equivallent to ITALY!

Remember, that in 1982 world cup, ITALY defeated Germany because of PACE i.e. they ran all the 90 minutes and as Germans were heavy and physically strong, the Germans couldn't control the pace of the Italian players. Saudis can adopt the similar tactics of Italian soccer. So, what do you guys say and if you agree then for God SAKE communicate it to Paqueta!!!!!!!!!!

The Saudis can also make a team of foreign players and play as much as friendly against them i.e., all the foreign players playing in the Saudi League can be combined in one team, let's say Foreign 11 and Saudi can play as much as friendly matches against them i.e. Saudi Arabia VS Foreign 11 (Composed of Foreign players playing in the Saudi clubs).

What do you say guys?? Come on play your role instead of further criticizing and getting the coach fired. It's not going to help the Saudi Cause and will make the situation much worst.

15. PLSTN LMF

PLSTN LMF New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    paqueta shouldnt have been appointed in the first place.calderon was doing fine

16. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Hey saudi 64 after the poland match ................ whats your view about paqueta............. do you think he still has a game plan?

17. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    I like your suggestion man............ Foreign 11 vs saudi is good idea ......... and that way the saudis can also save some money..............

And yeah its all about the pace........... paqueta should let the saudi players run like hell in training............like ronaldo of portugal. if you have seen that match ronaldo was on fire............like whenever he got the ball he just ran to the saudis goal post:eek: .

18. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    I would like to know the name of the person who voted " paqueta as the man for the job".............

19. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Again, you guys are just getting too excited over nothing. Sure this game was important, since we could use some morales before entering the last training month, but we lost so what? These players are not machines to run all around the field. Saudi players play in every tournament possible. Arab CL, Asian CL, Saudi League, Prince Faisal Cup, Crown Prince Cup. In Europe, they only play in the league, and the cup, and European CL, here its doubled with useless tournaments. Club presidents don't give a damn for the NT, the players play a friendly on Wednesday, and they want the players to play on Friday, in the top game in the Saudi League, where millions watched it. Some had weak injuries, and the Saudi FA denied them to play with their clubs, the clubs fan and president went crazy. The regular week of the Saudi NT players are like this :
    Saturday : NT Training (Fitness)
    Sunday : NT Training (Tactics)
    Monday : NT Training (Special)
    Tuesday : NT Training (Leiusure Training)
    Wednesday : NT Frindly
    Thursday : Club Training
    Friday : Big League Game
    Saturday : Rest
    Sunday : Club Training
    Monday : Club Training
    Tuesday : Club Training
    Wednesday : League Game

With a schedule like that, its impossible for them to play with all their effort in a friendly, they look at it as 'useless' and the coach only wants to try some stuff out. Just look at the Ittihadi players! 8 of them are part of the NT, look how the literally travelled the world.
    August - Italy Training Camp
    September - Went to China ACL game
    October - Went to Korea ACL Game
    November - Went to UAE ACL Final
    December - Went to Japan CWC
    January - Went to Morocco Arab CL Game

They were going and coming to Saudi Arabia, let alone their private travels. They travelled Saudi Arabia for 3 months playing league games. The players keep playing with different players, Club and NT. You can't expect them to win in these friendlies, in May, when they train and play friendlies together for a month and a week, you will then might see some excellent performance!

20. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Okay then may it is:D Lets hope that saudi64 is right.......... waiting for may.:cool:

21. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Well..., if saudia is playing against Egypt this month then it wont be a surprise if they beat or draw with Egypt as they are not playing against a European or any other big nation. Egypt is equal to the Saudis level or should i say that Saudis are equal / near to the level of Egyption soccer!

Winning against Egypt won't be a big thing! So, it really doesn't matter!

22. faisal9

faisal9 New Member

Apr 10, 2006
    I dont think that the team that will play in the world cup is the saudi team its Alhala they took Alhala couch and 8 players and I think the same thing that happen in 2002

23. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    They also took 8 players from Ittihad.

24. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Well..., the best clubs of Saudi Arabia are Al-Hilal and Al-Ittihad. Even if Al-Nasr ended the season strongly is just because of their new signed Talal who eventually came in the side from Al-Ittihad.

I think that Saudi teams comprised of Al-Hilal and Al-Ittihad players is a strong team while few other players from other clubs like Talal from Nasr and Moath from Ahli are also good but again only 1 or 2 players are good in other teams. Hilal and Ittihad are full of talented players and match winners.

25. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Actually Talal is from Ahli. Ahli has improved, and don't forget Shabab. Shabab is strong, but the problem is they are all young players, without much experience. Thats why they weren't chosen for the NT. Ittihad and Hilal players are experienced and good, so they are ready for the WC. Hopefully they will kick ass, not the other way around!