How African people feel about they players

Discussion in 'Africa' started by Brazil_1500, Nov 30, 2003.

1. Brazil_1500

Brazil_1500 Member

Nov 3, 2003
    NY
    playing for another country that isn't that player nation? Before its was slave trade and taking out of Africa their riches and now football player that can give Africa it first world cup title; playing in Europe and America.. how u feel about this issue?

2. Crested Crane

Crested Crane New Member

Oct 12, 2003
    Massachusetts
    My opinion as an African is thus:

I think that it's ok for those guys to play for European teams if they grew up there eg Patrick Vieira, Desailly. I personally support France because it's almost an African team in Europe.

However, if these guys go there at age 20 something and then get poached by the Europeans to play for them eg Olisadebe and that Ghanaian guy that played for Germany then that doesn't make sense - although I don't think those guys would have made their African national teams.

Africa has a lot of talent that will come through to replace.

3. Brazil_1500

Brazil_1500 Member

Nov 3, 2003
    NY
    I like your opinion..very good.

4. Yobbogadaba

Yobbogadaba BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 29, 2003
    Swe
    I know what you mean im angry about that.
    But now the african teams are getting stronger and stronger so now they are ready to win WORLD CUP.
    But its ashamed that players like vieira,melchiot,desailly,hasselbaink,kluivert,seedorf, karembeu and many many more players doesnt play in theyre original home country.
    But soon they are the greatest in the world.