Houston vs. Galaxy

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Tone Capone, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Tone Capone

Tone Capone Member

Dec 6, 2005
    SF Bay
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    How many plan on traveling to LA to cheer the Quakes against LA this season? We have two chances to do so. If there are enough people...maybe we could get those cheap group tickets I've been hearing about so much or maybe rent a van. these are all just brainstorming ideas. How cool would that be though to see an all blue section cheering the Quakes in LA? We cant let them forget/ignore us or we may never get them back.

2. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca
    i will never step foot in the HDC again...not for the Houston version, not for a reconstituted Earthquake side, not for the USMNT, not for Elvis himself, resine from the "dead"....

AEG does not deserve my ducats...

3. MarkBox

MarkBox Member

Aug 1, 2002
    CA Hills
    I'm interested! Never made the trip down to HDC before and now that our Quakes don't play in San Jose I'm very tempted.

4. US Sasquatch

US Sasquatch New Member

Nov 12, 2003
    FUAEG and MLS. Too bad neither of them used Jack Abramoff in their lobbying efforts to move the team out of town.

As far as I'm concerned both AEG and MLS could go into bankruptcy or even move their television contract to OLN.

Good riddance to both of them. Hope they enjoy the same acceptance in Houston as the XFL did anywhere.

5. US Sasquatch

US Sasquatch New Member

Nov 12, 2003
    Now that there is no rivalry, you should be able to find lots of tickets available.

Go dressed up as an empty seat so that you won't feel alone!!!

6. nivla

nivla Member+

Jan 17, 2003
    Milpitas
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I didn't go to my ex's wedding. I wasn't even invited. I was not wanted in the first place.

I'll put my focus on some other pretty stuff.

7. JMichaels

JMichaels New Member

Feb 17, 2003
    That must have hurt you pretty bad.

There are some people who, unfortunately, still wish to share the bed during the honeymoon when their ex'es get remarried.

8. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Anyway we can sneak in so that we don't have to replenish the AEG coffer?

9. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    That has to be the quote of the day! :D Great!

10. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    that one busted me up too.

11. JMichaels

JMichaels New Member

Feb 17, 2003
    See California Custom to get a yellow windbreaker. Have "Event Staff" put on the front and back. Put on some black pants, and black shoes. Get an attitude and voila!!!...you get on field passes!!!

12. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Not one cent to aeg, may they rot in hell, not interested.

13. sj_oldtimer

sj_oldtimer Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Clovis CA

My guess is that if there were enough people, all in a single section, wearing blue and black, and perhaps even unfurling that big Quakes flag, there would be some cheering by the Galaxy fans. After all, they lose pretty big in this deal too. Maybe the Quakes fans might even get tossed out of the park....that would make for some great press.

14. BluByU

BluByU Member

Aug 25, 2004
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Club Quake used to purchase blocks of tix and rent a bus for road trips. Perhaps this can happen again...

15. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA
    My friend and I were discussing possibly doing this, too. We were wondering if enough people might want to go down for the trip so that we could get a group of us. I think it would make an outstanding statement to MLS and AEG. It would show that we are SERIOUS fans and we deserve a team in SJ again. Unfurling the BAQF on national TV when the Houston Hijacked score would be a magnificent "F.U." to AEG and the perfect way to haunt the Galaxy--letting them know that just because we no longer have our team, we STILL hate them! ;) :D

I realize that a lot are feeling betrayed/jilted/etc. However, I'm imagining how much fun it would be...at least, just once...to do this. Surely, there are enough of us interested that we could unfurl the BAQF?!? Besides, if we stayed at the same hotel as the team, we could throw back a couple with the guys on the team after the game again. What better way to give our guys some "love" and let them know they are sorely missed?!?

16. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I do think it would be great as a show - to let the world (at least the 80k or so households who watch mls matches on tv ;)) know that SJ fans are the best in the league and deserve a game. However, the thought of paying AEG $25 to sit in an AEG stadium and eat an AEG $5 hot dog and drink an AEG $8 beer to watch two AEG teams play a game in an AEG-butt-smooching league creates sufficient cognitive dissonance to make it unlikely that I'd be one of the blue-and-black-clad crowd. Also, I don't know when I'll be ready to unpack my box of Quakes gear again - probably not in 2006.

17. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    we'd all have to pack XXL air sickness bags...kind of makes me nauseous just thinking about it. Although...seeing another of those DeRo free kicks wouldn't be all bad. Or a spectacular Ching header.....

But supporting AEG in any way, shape or form is out. Someone even said they have a hand in Coachella...anyone know if that's true?

18. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Yup.

http://www.thedesertsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050424/COLUMNS09/504240307/1126/events17

I remember back around when the Houston move was officially announced, someone posted a link to some page that had thumbnail graphics of all Anschutz Corporation's sports and entertainment holdings/investments, and seeing one for Coachella. IIRC, they also run House of Blues.

19. scumark

scumark New Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Fremont, CA
    I think it's a fun idea. I'd love to see if a Houston @ Galaxy match is on the ESPN2 schedule. A simple sign, "We're still the Quakes and we still hate you!" would do well.

20. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just watched that Narnia SNL Video and now this line seems really funny... :p

21. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pack the backpack baby!

22. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! damn, damn, damn....this AEG saga is just a sad tragic nightmare.

What had once seemed such a cool musical gathering shall now always be tainted by greedy corporate dirt bags.

23. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I think my good friend Allen sop is on the right track. What you say make heap big sense, chief!

24. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    If this visit were to pan out, there would have to be adequate messages carried hither, thither and yon as to what our true affections toward AEG are. HDC would be a good stage to present that. Especially if the game is televised nationally.

25. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA
    Yeah...I don't like the idea of putting any money in AEG's pocket in order to see the game either but if we get to deliver such a blatantly visual, multi-faceted message to MLS, AEG and the Galaxatives all in one swoop....that'd be worth a $50 sacrifice to me! :D