Houston vs. Chivas

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by ChivasWillWin, Aug 24, 2006.

1. ChivasWillWin

ChivasWillWin New Member

Jul 31, 2006
    Wisconsin!!
    this game could really help us if we win and really hurt us if we lose, we practically need this, chances might not be so good without mendoza and JPG.

2. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    I agree. This will be a true test of our playoff run because all of our games coming up are against opponents like houston. We need wins at home. Real salt levas are right on our colitas and we are too talented to let that happen. We have to make the play-offs this season. I seriously get so frusterated because in most gamews we control the ball for the majority of the game but do not get as many finishing chances. Alot of the teams play like goal poachers against us. we run all over and around them putting together sweet plays and passes but it's the one time where were all too advanced and the other team will get a fast break and score. That was pretty much the story of last season and with all the ties(although better than losses) we are letting it happen to us again. A chivas USA win can truly make my week. A loss can ruin my week to. I hope they win and make the play-offs. If they make it to the play-offs and do not win it all i will still be proud of them though.

3. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    By the way what is the Chivas fan base there in wisconsin. I saw the turn out in chicago and it was phenomenal even against colorado it was impressive. but what about your state are there chivistas there too?

4. ChivasWillWin

ChivasWillWin New Member

Jul 31, 2006
    Wisconsin!!

not rlly but all my friends and i cheer our asses off for chivas every week

5. Freestyle2000

Freestyle2000 Moderator

Feb 6, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  6. DaVinciCustomHomes

DaVinciCustomHomes New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    what gives y'all the slightest idea that chivas has a chance against the Dynamo ... pretty much washed up for chivas ... sucks doesn't it

7. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Y'all ? WTF is that Pardner ? YEEE F'in HAWWW Jethro get R dun Dynos !!!

you got to be kidding me right? The Dynamos are going down faster that $5.00 hooker on a Tuesday night. go get back to punching cattle or skinning sheep or whatever you hillbillies do back on the farm.

Chivas 2
    SJ Hobos 1

8. Although RSL and Colorado lost tonight, the stupid Galaxy incredibly beat DC at RFK 5-2! We cannot afford a slip up and one point is not going to be enough; we need a victory tonight.

On a side note, I have criticized the MLS competition format for a long time now, specifically because of how the 9th-place Galaxy was crowned league champions last year because they played well over a four-game span at the end of the season. I seriously hope it doesn't happen again because they are on a major roll. Looks like the final superclasico on September 30th might be the game of the year.

9. SwandelPark

SwandelPark New Member

Jan 16, 2005
    It was a penalty.

10. I had intended to write a celebratory post on the big win, perhaps the biggest win of the season, but I am still in shock about the non-call on DeRosario in stoppage time. In all my years, I have never seen a clearer foul in the box than this one, yet somehow, by the grace of the soccer gods, no call was made. All I can think of is that there are some lucky calls and some unlucky calls in the course of a 32-game season. We were unlucky not to have been awarded a goal against DC back in April and we were incredibly lucky not to have been called for a penalty tonight. With that line of logic, I guess we deserved the victory.......................

More specifically, great games all around, especially Razov, Morales, Bornstein, Whitfield, Marsch, Suarez, Burpo, and Taylor. Perhaps the biggest win of the season to date.

Are Paco and Loco still injured?

I'm telling you, if we can keep the Galaxy out of the playoffs, this Western Conference is completely up for grabs. Anyone can beat anyone else on a given night. FC Dallas may still be in first, but they lack the heart to go all the way, as evidenced by their 2-0 loss to the Galaxy last week and their history of playoff chokes.

I don't want to jinx it, but another few performances like this one and we might find ourselves in Dallas on November 13th.

11. wreckedmachine redded

Aug 15, 2006
    good game, too bad that pk wasnt called. :)

12. time_drifter

time_drifter Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Wharton
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats on the win, but in all fairness, the game should've been a tie. But, as usual, the refs blew it on several occasions. Houston's PK was questionable (I'm not ashamed to admit he might have flopped), the red card on Clark should've been yellow (the Chivas player baited him and then flopped. don't try to deny it, the video footage confirms it), and DeRosario's no-call should've been a PK. Anyone could figure that one out, except maybe the ref!

On the up-side, I think we might have just seen the birth of a fierce rivalry here. This is a loss Dynamo fans will not forget for a LONG time, and when we next meet (9/17), we're gonna play that much harder against you as a result!

P.S. - I hope that its Dynamo vs. Chivas in the West Finals - it would make victory that much sweeter (or make the loss sting that much more!)

13. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chivas played a very aggresive game running circles around our defenders. I lost it at the end when the ref didnt call that foul! Congrads on the win!

14. MollG

MollG New Member

May 23, 2005
    socal
    we flipped owned Houston tonight and if anyone saw the 4 white girls with the homemade shirts that was us!

No but seriously we played extremely well and to think we didnt have some of our key players( Paco, Loco, and Panchito) it was well played on both sides but i felt we def. were on their end most of the game. Towards the end their D started shutting down and were yelling at each other. All in all it was a great game to be at!

15. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And last week, Razov getting a goal taken away for a tie instead of 3 points and a win was a screwjob as well. Nobody has been screwed more than Chivas this year by ref calls.........change the jerseys and situation around and theres not a peep from orange nation.

16. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll give you last no call was a shit call. BUT the PK was a shit call as well. in the end it evened out. The Red was crap, should have yellow at best. Player came running in and sliiped was on his way down when Clark put out his arm adn it looked like clark put him down. I have never seen the Sj coach so livid in all my years. Good game lots of intensity, surely these teams will not forgt adn this will become a good rivalry

17. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sept 17th will be fun. I'd say I will welcome you guys with open arms but...:D

18. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    LOL, how does it feel cowgirl...:D , great game, Bornstein is in a roll and Ante keep adding numbers, so adios Colorado, let them worry about the girlie boys; now Houston is within our sights.

19. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It was you ?...BABE....:D

Sorry for the outburst, lets support our team and keep the attendance high on the HDC.

20. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Congrats Chivas! :D

I am having a blast checking out all the posts the Dynahoes are going on and on about their loss. :D

21. El Guero Naco

El Guero Naco New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Yeah, but, in that respect, it was a lucky win.

Red card, Houston PK and last non-call were all bad decisions.

Regardless, another big win for the guys.

22. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Congrats on your victory.
    A win is a win.
    Things are getting good,going down the stretch.

23. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congratulations on the win and the three points. And I wont go on and on about our loss, but I have never seen anyone go on and on about "how you totally dominated" when you play 11 vs 10 for most of the match!! And then needing the help of the ref to save the win? Lets see if Bob and the rest of you Goat Herders are smiling when the final whistle blows on the 17th.

Aloha

24. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    My smile is fixed already, bring it on

25. CHIVOTA

CHIVOTA New Member