Houston Dynamic Dynamo Band

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by 60-90 Days, Aug 1, 2007.

1. 60-90 Days

60-90 Days New Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Two attachments. One is TA EB, you guys were unbelievable again.

My question for you guys is...who in the crap is this group in 218 play instruments? I appreciate their enthusiasm, but it doesnt' sound good with TA/EB is rocking down there.

2. KAINAM13

KAINAM13 Member

Jun 8, 2007
    Second Ward, Houston TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Post-Game Thread: SuperLiga 8/1 - Dynamo v DC United [R]

Those folks in 218 are some kind of UH volunteer band. They should really sit somewhere else as they normally get in the way of the TA/EB songs and beats. No offense guys, but your presence is no longer requested.

3. Mezzanine

Mezzanine New Member

Mar 26, 2006
    Houston

It's the UofH band. I'm in 118 and enjoy what extra they add. The same as with the drum group that's been playing over in the South end.

4. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Personally I love those guys and think they are pretty darn cool. Would it be better for them to sit on the far end of the stadium? Perhaps.

5. ORANGER!!

ORANGER!! Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

ok...i am very offended by this comment. ''no longer requested''? who said u can request? we wouldnt give a SH** if ur requested or not...TA EB are great ..its awesome...but we have our way of cheering on the orange!! and remember this..u guys dun own nothing...or in charge of anything.. so dun be saying sh** lik we should sit here or there...bcuz we're 'get in the songs and beats' WTF? just like TA and EB we were here since the very 1st match...some of those who are comment negatively bout the band didnt even kno there were a Danamo then...and since the very 1st match we lik TA/EB we havnt miss one single game at Robertson...nor the Cup, nor the downtown celebration...those who are in the band are really true fans who come and practice thier music 5 hours prior to the game..5 HOURS...not to sit around drinking, eating, socializing, partying...but practicing...i myself actually bleed very single game for playing the drum....and sh** load of blisters...we dun play to geting the way of anyone....we play 4 our guys in orange...and we 2 have passions...and sacrificing our time, effort, and pain... for our passions...Dr. Tucker..the band director..didnt knoe jack bout the game of soccer until the dynamo came to town.... a very old man as he is...yet i have never seen any fan like him..such passion... so much time and efforts he had spend on this band...u punks dunno wat passion is.....so shut the F**k up the next time u started to negatively commenting bout this band.

6. ORANGER!!

ORANGER!! Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Houston Dynamic Dynamo Band is a official supporter group of the Houston Dynamo soccer club. You can email Dr. Tucker ur sugestions, or words of appriciation, encouragement. Go the the link FANS in the Dynamo web site, you will find our link there. GO ORANGE!!

http://web.mlsnet.com/t200/fans/dynamo_band/

7. edotime

edotime New Member

Jun 6, 2007

I agree with you, and you do have reason to be upset over the comments that were made by some of the more narrow-minded members of the EB/TA (if they even are part of us). I sit with the EB/TA every game, and I respect what the the band does over in your section (I believe its the east side). True fans exist throughout the stadium, and we come in all shapes, ages, and whatnot. Dont let one person or two represent the whole EB/TA, trust me, the fans love what you give to the atmosphere, including me and most of the EB/TA. Continue doing what you guys do, you guys are awesome. The more passion we have the better it is for everyone. Theres no such thing as one way of doing things, as we all love our orange, and there are many ways of showing our passion. Go PEP BAND!!!!!!!!!!!! Vamos Naranja!!!!!!

8. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

"Practice, were talking about Practice, not a Game but Practice"

[​IMG]

Sorry, could not resist. Keep up the good work and support the Orange!!

P.S. Anyone else get Heartburn from the Black Iguana??

9. 60-90 Days

60-90 Days New Member

Apr 6, 2007

I want to clarify my earlier point about the Dynamo Pep Band (I know their name now). When I or anyone else in here says that "it" sounds like crap, IMHO, I am commenting on the overall sound coming from all the groups. I think you have seen, except for the one arrogant guy that apparently speaks for all of TA/EB, we appreciate your enthusiasm. Here is the comparison I want to make so you can understand what I am saying. Do me a favor, stand between two cars with the windows open and turn one station on 97.9 the box and one radio station on 104 Krbe. Turn up both of the volumes really loud. What do you hear? Crap. There might be two great songs on, but when you have two songs going at the same time, it sounds like crap. Does this make more sesnse?

Why are there 97.9 the box employees sitting in the stands screaming into their cell phones (because they are on the air) distracting everyone?

10. stagnant

stagnant Member

Jul 22, 2006
    Houston, Texas

As a fan thats sits on the West side of the stadium, yes all 3 groups combined sound like crap, it's really annoying and unfortunately the pep band is the worst with TA/EB claiming the right to bitch about the others. Sorry it's just the way I see/hear it.

As for the pep band personally, I'm a season ticket holder for UH football and basketball too and those songs you play are just not good for soccer. I don't want to hear "thriller" and other songs I expect to hear while Penders watches pre-game warm-ups... you might be able to spot me out by always tossing up the UH hand sign and going Eat Em' Up ect. when you play the UH fight song. But I do it as a joke.

A good solution in my opinion would be that you guys play before the game and at halftime. As for the drum corp at the other end, they interrupt you guys from time to time but aren't that annoying and do a good job of filling in the gaps when TA/EB are doing a chant I don't quite know.

11. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Simply put, Dr. Tucker needs to learn how to jump into the flow that the Hinchada provides over the 90 minutes.

Aubrey's Militia Band as I like to call them, and I've known them since the unvieling of our Dynamo jerseys circa March '06, does a fantastic job as a Pep Band. That was OL's thinking. The Militia, as you are all die hard volunteers, just need to go to Youtube more often to see other pro soccer atmospheres from around the planet. Or just watch FSC more often. Sunday's at 4 specifically.

A match the team with Houston on their chest lost. Other than that you are spot on.

12. EdG567

EdG567 Member

May 10, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Agreed. I LOVE UH, I am a huge supporter, but the Eat 'em up Coogs just doesn't go with Dynamo soccer. Playing different things at the same time just doesn't sound good.

13. delafutbol

delafutbol New Member

Apr 3, 2004
    Delawhere?

Just wanted to give my 2 cents about your pep band. I liked it. I've been waiting for band music to work its way into MLS stadiums. I think there's a lot of great American songs that even the casual fan can get involved with. Think about college football, the songs that the band plays gets even the old folks singing. Just a thought, I really liked it. Maybe your supporters groups can get something working together at different points during the game.

14. fuzionmuse

fuzionmuse New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    Pearland, TX

Here're my $.02 on the pep band thing... I've played trumpet with them a few times, and who knows, I might again... I go to UH as a music major, and I can assure you that UH has nothing to do with this band other than they play a few of our cougar brass songs from basketball games, etc. A good number of the people that play in the pep band are high school kids and some other college kids too, as well as a few from UH... Dr. Tucker is not affiliated with UH, either. (I think he used to be, but not now...) As a member of the Texian Army, I play trumpet with El Batallon now... I have nothing against the pep band, but I also know that some of their members agree that the other end may be more appropriate for them... On more than one occasion, TA/EB people have been thrown off by the pep bands beats, and vice versa, etc... I could care less, honestly, but I'd like to see both orgs do their own things without stepping on each other's feet... I love playing with El Batallon, and I love playing with the pep band... They are 2 TOTALLY different environments... And being right in the middle of the hinchada last night, you couldn't hear the pep band at all, so it didn't throw us off... lol! Vamos naranjas!

15. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Frankly, I could give a rat's ass if we had twenty bands/groups in the stadium all doing their own thing.

For me, the more the merrier and the more support the team gets, the better. If they aren't in sync, so what? Who cares? Really, WHO CARES????

If a TA/EB member has a problem with it, here's a novel idea for you. Go recruit a bunch of new members. In fact, recruit so many people, that you drown out all of the other supporters groups in the stadium. Now that's a sensible "solution" to a "problem" of other groups not being in sync with you. The best part of that is that then the other bands/groups will recruit more to try and keep up and "be heard" and the groups will just get bigger and bigger and bigger. Think about it. That's an idea that EVERYONE can get behind.

For someone who's made all of 4 POSTS on this forum to tell someone that "their presence is no longer requested" does nothing more than cause problems. Sounds like some other posters I know.

So you other bands keep doing what you're doing. TA/EB, keep doing what you're doing. Everyone take a deep breath, relax, and understand what the point of supporters groups and bands are to begin with.

Now someone pass me some Del Taco, STAT !!!

16. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Member

Jun 11, 2007
    Alexandria

Hell no to pep bands, and that goes for any sport. I refuse to watch A&M basketball games because of them, and I certainly don't want them at my soccer matches. They'd just interfere with the supporter's clubs anyway.

17. Rooneys Hairline

Feb 21, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Maybe you should start your own MLS team.

18. 60-90 Days

60-90 Days New Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Suggestion for SG's...maybe.

I think I will get run out of town for saying this, but what the TA/EB taking a break every once in a while. During that break, the pep band can play the cougar high fight song or mickey or thriller. I know I will get a million replies saying TA/EB doesn't need a break and honestly, I still don't know how you guys maintain that. There must be a SG training or boot camp or something to get you guys in shape for that. We do have a variety of fans at our stadium, maybe the pep band can play to a different group in the stands. i don't know....i am trying to help but i feel like i am fizzling out.....

19. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ah, NO!! We only take breaks to partake the Iguana or when the Helmet Crew does the following:

[​IMG]

20. Dynamo_Joe

Dynamo_Joe Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Texas

LOL Ed, like Pavlov's dog, I can't stop myself from throwing up the Coog Hand Sign (/shocker) when the pep band does the Eat 'Em Up song and you are right, it doesn't fit in with the Dynamo. I like the pep band's energy. I sit at midfield on the east side and the pep band is loud but also drowns out the TA/EB's chants which are awesome. Maybe the Militia can be moved to the home side?

My group stood up in box 42 when the stoppage time was announced and the TA/EB started up "Dale Dynamo" REALLY LOUD! The drum work is also awesome on that chant. Nice job guys.

dale, dale, dale Dynamo!
    dale, dale, dale Dynamo!
    daleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    Dynamooooooooooooooo!

21. 60-90 Days

60-90 Days New Member

Apr 6, 2007

i laughed when i saw the picture, then i read your post then i peed.

22. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

In the words of Trappatoni: Ich habe fertig!!

23. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Suggestion for atpag...maybe.

I think I will get run out of town for saying this, but what the atpag96 taking a break every once in a while. During that break, we can have normal conversations on BigSoccer instead of having them peppered from someone whining about cursing or begging for attention and validation . I know I will get a million replies saying atpag96 doesn't need a break and honestly, I still don't know how you guys maintain that. There must be a dumb poster training or boot camp or something to get him in shape for that. We do have a variety of fans on BigSoccer, maybe *rey* can play to a different group of sillyness like EPL vs MFL. i don't know....i am trying to help but i feel like i am fizzling out.....

24. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Gee, that sounds so easy. why didn't we think of this sonner girls?? :rolleyes:
    Look my friend, I know you mean well. and we need the ideas to keep flowing, go through the proper channels or at least the proper thread !!!! :mad:

25. 60-90 Days

60-90 Days New Member

Apr 6, 2007

who is this atpag guy? he must be quite the a$$ !!!