Houston Color Poll

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by CK, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Veruca

Veruca Member

Jul 13, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I would like to vote AGAINST that monstrosity. Many of the other options are nice, but unique. That is HIDEOUS. :eek:

2. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Burnt orange and maroon, to pay homage to the state's two leading colleges.

Back when the Dallas Burn became FC Dallas, somebody cooked up an FCD badge which featured those two colors and the poster formerly known as vw and now known as Rocket had it as his avatar for a while.

It looked pretty classy.

3. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Something different. Blue, red and black have been covered.

4. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What?!?!?!?!?

Tecos' jersey:

[​IMG]

Is basically a bit more...colorful than Croatia's:

[​IMG]

5. Enzo SC

Enzo SC New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    I definately think that we should stand out but should not get to crazy with Multiple stripes and Checkers. I think it should be a simple classy design to appeal to more of the masses. I like Burgundy and Black as the main theme colors or Hunter Green and White or Even an Olive green. I dont have a graphics programs but I envision, and of course the name is going to be a debate, a shield with HT filling the shield right in the middle of the shirt just under the V of the neck. A single Star always in the back of the shirt between the shoulder blades representing our Texas heritage while not being overly obtrusive. Say the colors burgundy and black. Black shorts a whilte shirt with a single burgundy stripe running down the right front of the shirt over the shoulder and down the back. Also white socks with this burgundy stipe down the front and back of the right sock only. If anyone who can and would like to photoshop this design and rearrange the colors as you like.

6. Enzo SC

Enzo SC New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    The team name could be HT Republic. or HT whatever else. This gives it that European feel that everyone likes but is unique and keeps it close to home.

7. Flyin Ryan

Flyin Ryan Member

May 13, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Indianapolis ever get a team (it would probably be USL-1 and not MLS if they did), I hope they adopt black and white checks. That'd be a good jersey. :)

8. CK

CK Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Southeast
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with blue and red. They have been more than covered in MLS. Black is more of a standard color, and I'd have no problem as long as its not the primary color. Green and Orange, purple and gold, etc. something new to MLS.

9. Armis36

Armis36 Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Garland, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All these design ideas are nice, but you have to remember that Adidas uses 'cookie cutter' patterns for it's MLS kits.

Here are the kits for the 06/07 season. Houston's will probably be similar in design.

[​IMG]

10. goosegg

goosegg New Member

Jul 31, 2002
    NYC
    The Houston Oilers colors need to be resucitated.

Please don't resucitate the old rainbow astros colors.

Although orange alone would be nice.

11. Fleetwood Mac #1

Fleetwood Mac #1 New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Queens, NY
    Of course, the green jersey alone wouldn't do it. Add few Mexican national teamers and highlight their tri-color involvement when doing the marketing. Make the Dallas-Houston rivalry an extension of the US-Mexico classic. Some non-Mexican MLS fans in Houston probably wouldn't be too happy with this strategy but MLS needs something like this. Galaxy-Goats rivalry would never become that because most Mexicans are not Chivas fans.

12. CK

CK Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Southeast
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That strategy would depend entirely on the mexican fans turning out to support the team, which many have already said that MLS is hard to watch compared to the Mexican League (level of play). As a non-Mexican National Team Fan (USMNT all the way!), obviously I'd support getting players more like Donovan, EJ, and retaining Ching and Clark at all costs.

13. abilenecosmos

abilenecosmos Member

Nov 2, 2004
    The Rock
    Could it possibly just be a different color scheme set with the Quakes design? That design is actually different than the other 11 teams, so a simple color change could be in order.

14. Armis36

Armis36 Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Garland, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, anythings possible :)

It does look different from the other kits, but it's not as unique as it first appears. If you look closely, you can see that they just colored 1/3 of the 'bib' (or the thumb as I call it) and didn't outline it like on the other shirts.

My guess is they will use one of the patterns above, it's just a matter of what color?...stripes?....hoops?...slash?

15. ickenham

ickenham New Member

Jun 6, 2005
    Lisbon, Portugal

I guess from this picture we could see right from the begining that sj was doomed....
    Their kit is so strange, ugly, not in line with the others... made on your knees... :confused:

16. Veruca

Veruca Member

Jul 13, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are there any Houston fans that can show us some of these options in the Columbia Blue or the Astros Orange?

It's hard to see what we're talking about and I have NO skills with photoshop.

17. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    Checkered orange
    [​IMG]

Checkered blue
    [​IMG]

Checkered green
    [​IMG]

Benchwarmer32's with columbia blue
    [​IMG]

18. Veruca

Veruca Member

Jul 13, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks...

When can I pick up Benchwarmer32's Home jersey?

I'd also switch the maroon and orange on the road version.

Checkered Orange would be a must have as well.

19. CK

CK Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Southeast
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really like the third jersey and the home jersey is good too. The away jersey could use some work. The colors could still work, maybe it just needs a different design for those colors.

20. Benchwarmer32

Benchwarmer32 New Member

Nov 13, 2003
    Indiana
    Here's some more options with the orange and the Columbia blue. I actually took the blue I used right from the Oilers old helmet. Plus, I put in a name and number of one of the players to make it look more authentic. Hope everybody likes. Let me know if you have other ideas that you would like to see me work on. I can probably get a couple more out before the end of the year.

[​IMG]

21. Veruca

Veruca Member

Jul 13, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Man I thought that checkered was lame, but I really like that Orange Checkered jersey. That's really nice. It keeps growing on me.

still love that home & 3rd jersey.

22. Veruca

Veruca Member

Jul 13, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That 3rd jersey looks alot like the Avalanche jersey.

23. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

I like this set the best so far.

The orange and columbia blue are a nice combination.

24. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's been said but I'll say it again. Anything is fine just so long as the primary color is not blue, red or black or any combination of those. 2/3 of the league uses those. I was rather disappointed when RSL went with red, although this year they look to be going more maroon.

Green, orange or purple would be nice.

25. OutKast3000

OutKast3000 New Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Those Rovers uni's are sweet -- reminds me of a mish mash between Aston Villa and Roma!

I voted for Orange and Maroon (Roma like) because MLS needs some Orange!!!

Green is needed as well -- but I hoping that is reserved for a Seattle team