Houston 1836 ?!

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by schwabe13, Nov 14, 2006.

1. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    Just ordered my season ticket over the phone .Afterwards I looked into my credit card account online .It is is pending under the name :

Houston 1836 .

Here you go Nobius , the name is still around ..;)

2. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *sheds a tear*

3. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is a fitting capper to all the memories I have from taking home our first MLS CUP.

Thanks Joaquim!

I told Jaime Trecker a soccer team can never run from its culture.

4. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it makes you feel any better the salesman,Mike, said that the FO is planning to change that to :cool: MLS Champion,2006.
    BTW: Way to go Joaquim// Keep it going.;)

5. cowboypb

cowboypb Member

Dec 15, 2005
    The Bayou City
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    No offense to you Celt - but why waste your time trying to have any kind of dialogue with Trecker? I know, maybe just once he would show signs of intelligence and try to expand his understanding outside of his own short-sightedness? Maybe I am wrong - I am assuming nothing came of it - if he listened I would be surprised.

I made the mistake of reading either one of his articles or blog posts the other day where he indicated it would be the Dynamo's shot at a 3rd MLS Cup, several SJ Earthquake fans posted a response, correctly indicating that all records were staying in the Earthquakes name. In typical Trecker style he argued with them sighting that it was not the way it was done and that would not be the case . . . even though the MLS head office indicated otherwise . . . does he act like a jerk just to get readership?

6. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

None taken. I exchanged emails with him one day while at work. This was back on Feb 10th. It was odd in that, after I explained Tejas culture, he still wouldn't let go of his belief that 1836 was racist in nature and needed to be changed.

I also noticed his errors on claiming our Houston franchise had won two previous MLS Cups. I was gonna send him a heads up on fixing his error. I am glad to hear that you and some E-quakes die hards did the job instead. I learned from back then that some guys who cover sports have really very little insight to offer other than their own opinions. Insert Jamie here.

7. The Gribbler

The Gribbler Member

Jul 14, 1999
    Cedar Hill, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any tickets I buy for the Hoops still go through as "Dallas Burn".

8. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trecker is a hack who likely sits back and gloats about another fine "insightful" article that only he could create has been published. Almost funny, if it were not for the fact that Rikker has more insight!! ;)