Houllier, Gerrard, SGE, Abramovich and Chelsea

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Clan, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  2. starman1994

starman1994 New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Malaysia
    Does anyone really believe all these bollocks?

SGE is only fit to coach Spuds with his hoofing tactics and boring football !!!!!

3. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't believe think that Ranieri is just about to be sacked... at least I hope not as I think he's a manager better suited to the English game where an ability to scrap out a result, (not too literally), is important. English players need gee'ing up sometimes and that's what CR can do. He's shown as much since he's been at Chelsea.

However, I think it's pretty much a matter of public record that SGE was approached to manage a team in Russia, (Lokomotiv Moskow?), by Abramovich a couple of years ago and they have remained in contact ever since. That's actualy pretty much why I believed them when they said they were having a meeting in London.

I'm not sure SGE's team's style can be adequately summed up by 'Spuds'... 'hoofing tactics'... and 'boring football'.

However, I agree he's not the right man for us.

4. Snuffles

Snuffles New Member

May 27, 2003
    UK
    I wonder if Sven would be tempted to come up here and coach Gerrard and Owen, rather than trying to buy them? :D

5. the101er

the101er New Member

Jan 29, 2003
    This is from Eriksson's meeting with Abramovich in August! This isn't anything new. This is just the media continuing to run with a story that died three months ago, with the idea, "If you keep kicking the corpse, it kind of looks like it's still moving."

The Eriksson story died, stillborn, the day it was run. The incredible (and sad) thing about the story is that the press, like an angry sea bass, just won't stop playing with the carcass.

I wouldn't at all be surprised tomorrow to read something like "Fans Continue to Speculate on Ranieri Exit at Chelsea" and then see all of us badly misquoted on some news website.

If this destabilizes some other team fine, but surely the players involved: Ranieri, SGE and Abramovich must just shake their heads and wonder....

Thank god none of the players have been linked to an affair with Abramovich's wife. Who by the way, gets my vote as the hottest owner's wife in the Premiership... ...I feel a new thread coming on.

6. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I hate Hooly-air, he's a twat

I think Claudio knows the score. He knows he’s under pressure this season to perform well and this season is important to his future at the club. hopefully he'll win something this season. Yeah, he might have another season, if he does really well and doesn’t win anything, but I dunno, chances are he might not. So he’s successor might be Sven, his buddy. Vialli was a buddy of Gullits and well, business is business. I like Claudio, he is a charming man,especially when compared to the likes of Sir Red Face and the idiot Houllier. The real question is will Houllier last until the end of the season? Maybe Sven will land the Liverpool job? Maybe that will mean Veron joining Liverpool at the end of this season?