Hou v. SKC, 5/12/13 @ 7pm, p/i/p [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by KopRules, May 9, 2013.

1. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Since Seattle's stoppage time abuses of KC tend to be a downer, how about a discussion on playing the Houston Dynamo instead...!

Houston come off a prosperous road trip (twitter aside), winning 0-1 at HDC, and 0-4 at RFK. Surely Houston are eager to get home and avenge their humiliating 1-0 playoff loss suffered last fall at [Sporting Park].

A few thoughts, the answer(s) to which, shall not be cause to close this thread immediately:

(a) Should Uri be left on the bench? He is young, and could use a much needed sit.

(b) Will Zusi be rotated to mid? His brief stint didn't go well against Seattle.

(c) Will HX be given the chance to avenge his absurd RC, and apologize to the innocent corner flag he assaulted last year in Houston?

(d) Will PV shock Kinnear into calling off the match, by NOT starting with his players running up field like a bunch of mad men? Related: Does it matter that Houston's field is a wide as a school bus when selecting the XI?

(e) Will Kei be given another chance to 'not-celebrate' a goal in a way that will offend the Houston faithful?

(f) Do we dare peek at the Houston Chronicle to see the garbage written there?

2. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    oh crumb. Mods please add p/i/p [R]

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we get a draw I'll be ecstatic

4. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, i think it's gonna be 2-0 houston.

5. Soccer7947

Soccer7947 Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Kansas
    I will get be happy with getting out of there with no red cards.

6. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    For the love of god don't ever look in the Houston Chronicle for any reason. That newspaper belongs in a crate in a warehouse with top men working on it.

Top men.

Lord Helmet, JC507 and Dynamo_Forever repped this.
  7. Ihateusernames

May 16, 2007
    Merriam, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Must. Not. Google.

8. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm looking forward to this one. Best 2 teams in the east without a doubt.

JC507 repped this.
  9. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if i was you, i'd be looking forward to it as well. i'd bet most of us, however, are dreading it.

10. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Yeah, if Sporting had pulled out wins against Portland and Seattle and maybe even LA, then I'd be super gung-ho for this match. Pull down the streak! and all that. As it is, I'm just... please don't die. :(

11. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    [​IMG]

JC507 and vividox repped this.
  12. YilmazOrhan

YilmazOrhan Well Brian, I hit it first time...

Jun 18, 2006
    Suburbia, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Houston fans should be looking forward to that moment when Kinnear depantses Vermes. Again.

Us? Not so much.

13. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, if there's any bright side to the Seattle game, is that we seem to be in the habit of "bad game, good game, bad game, good game". We've had periods of two bad games in a row, but somehow I think that the guys will be wanting to get back on the right foot after such a horrible way to end the last game - they might come out angry and determined and whatnot.

Of course, the extra emotion might not be good for the game... in the last 9 regular season matches there have been 6 red cards. Of course, 2 came from one game and one was that harsh RC on Arnaud going in on the keeper. Obviously 3 playoff games in there which no reds.... I can't decide if playoff games are less likely to have a red because players don't want to lose the game for their team or more likely because the stakes, adrenaline, emotions are all higher.

We did get to rest some of our starters, though - Sinovic, Bieler, Nagamura and even Besler if he is healthy didn't play all that much or at all on Wednesday. Myers didn't play last Sunday, Feilhaber only a bit. On the flip side, Houston just traveled to LA and then to DC and back home while we only have to travel to Houston, so we actually have an advantage of less travel and Houston played what appears to be their preferred starting XI in DC and in LA.

At least we're playing in Houston in May and not July or August...

14. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forecast says 84/59 with a 10% chance of rain so far. Expected to be 77 around game time..

but its too early to tell.

15. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Let's see, in the last four games the only team we've beaten is Chivas at home. LA, Portland, and Seattle all had their way with us (very different than our West domination from last year). We aren't in good form right now. We are heading to the impregnable fortress that is BBVA Compass Stadium.

I have no expectations going into this game.

Which, I'm okay with. I'd rather go in with no expectations and lose than go in with expectations and lose. But if we win. Oh, if we win, this will be magical.

I think we've rested enough guys over the last two games that we can throw out a pretty much Best XI line-up. Besler may still be questionable and I'm not sure if Zusi needs a rest at this point, but other than that, there is no reason not to go at this game with everything we've got.

16. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think if we all whine and wring our hands enough we will win.

Buzz Killington and vividox repped this.
  17. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shhh you're going to ruin the reverse psychology.

18. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why all the doom and gloom... Other teams seem to be able to thump these guys, so why not us? Yes, I know that Kinnear schools PV most time when it comes to coaching strategy, but its about time for that to change. Look for a change in SKC's approach to this game that you haven't seen before...

19. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now you tell us. Why didn't you divulge this information on Wednesday night?

20. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, I was whining about our play and wringing my hands ALL 2nd half on Wednesday.

Apparently the Seattle curse doesn't abide by these rules. Fortunately it doesn't apply to cup finals.

21. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Collin and Besler armed with baseball bats at striker?

22. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ahahhahaahahhahahahah! thanks. i needed a good laugh today.

23. LokomotivZee

LokomotivZee Member

Aug 28, 2009
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish I shared your optimism. I see nothing but PV getting mentally worked yet again here. I would be quite happy to eat my words, though.

24. ZinedineZusi

ZinedineZusi Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I don't expect a win. 0-0 would be okay but a come from behind 1-1 would be even better.

25. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, Collin whines more than a Johnson County Jr High girl with a broken cell phone... He needs to shut his pie hole and just play soccer..:cautious:

vividox and JC507 repped this.