Hosting clubs

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by PassItOn, Aug 31, 2007.

1. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Personally I'm not in favor of the home team hosting the thread, due to the lack of non supporters.

Unless we recognize all the small Bwin teams, and follow those rules, otherwise it should abolished.

Here we have a incident with this weekend's game with U Leiria vs FCP.

Well they haven't opened up a thread, and one important comment needs to be addressed.

U Leiria played their qualification match for the UEFA qualification, and gratefully they beat the Israeli's team away 1-0. Prior to the the match Uniao had asked FCPiece of shit to move the game to Monday so they could have a 3 day rest between Bwin games.

Well the FCPiece of shit didn't accept their request.
    Then I ask why should all of the smaller teams ever accept a change in schedule, well at least for FCPiece of shit.

All other teams have respected European competitions on their schedule, and have changed them accordingly.

2. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I dunno but it seems to me the Porto forum has very little happening in it.

the mods should eradicate it and we can discuss Porto topics on the "other clubs" forum.

3. the number three

Jul 22, 2007
    New Bedford, MA
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just wanted to offer an opinion. If you had something to say about the Porto game, then I think you should have just started a thread about the game in the Porto forum. I don't think a Portista has to be the one that starts a thread. Do you? I'll be honest. I rarely go into the Other Clubs section of BigSoccer. I just stick to the Porto, Sporting, and Benfica forums. Maybe other posters are like me?

Anyway, I agree that Porto were pretty classless in not accepting Leiria's request to move the game. But, I guess, they do have the right as a club to play on that scheduled date. I blame the league scheduling. They knew way ahead of time that Leiria was playing yesterday and should have moved the game to a later date like they usually do with Benfica, Sporting, and Porto when they have European game in the middle of the week.

4. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

who the heck is this FCPiece of shit??!!!

anyway, as "the #3" explained don't blame FCPorto blame the League's schedule!
    Let me just to add another fact that you might not be aware of:

Leiria is a good 1hour and 30 mins drive from Porto, if the game is played as scheduled on a Sunday night (when people usually don't work) more FCPorto fans are more willing to take the drive and support their team then if the game is played on a Monday night (work day).

I also hope this puts an end to those that claim ULeiria is one of Porto's B teams...:cool:

5. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Well, just do onto others as they would do onto you. Hence, if Leiria's request to change the date of the game was, in fact, denied by Porto (as is their right), then other clubs will need to put this into the back of their minds and remember it on a rainy day. Porto is always in Euro competitions and eventually THEY will be the one requesting a revision to the schedule to accomodate themselves. Perhaps opposing clubs will remember this and deny them their request, as is their right...

6. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It isn't a rule per se that the supporter of a specific team (i.e. Porto) needs to open a thread in their own forum. Having said that, I rarely venture into opposing teams' forums unless there is of concern regarding Sporting. Therefore, I certainly won't be the one to open up threads in any of the other 2 clubs' forums. Anyone can open a thread anywhere though be careful what you write as you could be opening up yourself to be villified...

7. metro fan

metro fan Member

Apr 29, 1999
    Union, NJ
    not to defend Porto, which I would never do, but they are within right to do what they did. it's not ethical but again it's Porto that we are talking about.

Leiria would have to had the game scheduled at least 3 weks ago. If they did that, then Porto had no choice but to play on Monday. But Leiria did not do that. Also Passiton, it's not 3 physical, but 72 hours so Leiria played Thrusday s it;s fine to play on Sunday.

But either way, not nice on Porto's side

8. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Do onto others what you want them to do to you. :)