Hossan Kaabi: Hottest Prospect In Iran

Discussion in 'Iran' started by pittsy1, Nov 25, 2006.

1. pittsy1

pittsy1 New Member

Jun 28, 2006
    England, Salford
    The super-speedy youngster of Khulistaz is he as good as people say he is?

2. Ali_reza

Ali_reza Member

Mar 1, 2006
    Yes.

Great defender, very fast and great fighting spirit. He would fit in perfectly in the english premier league.

3. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    yes hes really good. he started playing for iran at 17 and he scored a goal as a defender. he shut down c ronaldo and figo in the iran vs portugal game in the WC. too bad our coach doesnt invite him to the national team anymore. and strangely hes not in our asian games (u23) team either. right now hes 21 years old and already played 55 games for the national team.

4. Ali_reza

Ali_reza Member

Mar 1, 2006
    WTF ? I thought it was because he was'nt in shape or inured. GN does'nt invite Borhani either. He seems to have a something against young talented players.

5. Faran

Faran New Member

Nov 24, 2006
    MA
    Kaabi was a bad player against taiwan but it is unimportant. He was brilliant in the World Cup and other big games. fast tackles and can't be shaken easily. In 2004 he was named among the 10 most promising players in the worldby some prominent magazine. Unfortunately we don't develop these guys well enough in Iran but his sheer god given potential is enourmous. I am not saying he is as good as Ashley Cole but I am saying he could have been, for example, if he was raised in the same environment as ashley cole.

I can't understand why he wasn't selected for the games before the ban.

6. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    i wish he went to EPL. he would have developed there.

7. pittsy1

pittsy1 New Member

Jun 28, 2006
    England, Salford
    Defienitely he said he wanted to go to a big club in the EPL like Man Utd or Arsenal.

8. ali2006

ali2006 Red Card

Dec 16, 2005
    i can`t forget his stupid pas to mirzapour that led to mexico`s goal!!!

9. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    it wasnt his fault buddy. its normal to pass to the goalkeeper. it was mirzapours fault for clearing it badly.

10. Faran

Faran New Member

Nov 24, 2006
    MA
    It was a dreadful moment but I agree with persianfootball- it was only a mistake in his not realizing that Mirzapoor is not yet very good in those situations. But it was Mirza who should have cleared better. Mind you there were other courses of action but we can't forget how he showed that he can be good enough to virtually nullify the existence of any opposing player on the field by clamping down on wingers figo and ronaldo!

11. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    What club does he play for now? I remember someone saying that players who dont play in the IPL or Europe werent going to be considered (basically the Persian Gulf countries).

12. Faran

Faran New Member

Nov 24, 2006
    MA
    well in that case he plays in the emirates. I dislike it when they go but they shouldn't make it an official policy to exclude these players, because kaabi needs to be developed. What about Kazemian in the game against korea? or are we just talking asian games?

13. uppsala

uppsala New Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Sweden
    What the hell is Khulistaz?

14. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    I think it's meant to be Khuzestan, the province where he was born and played for Foolad FC in Khuzestan before transferring to AL-something!!!

15. uppsala

uppsala New Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Sweden
    Yeah ok ,if it's Khuzestan I know what he means:p

16. pittsy1

pittsy1 New Member

Jun 28, 2006
    England, Salford
    I forgot what the name was something like that, ''Foolad''

17. ruud van semz

ruud van semz Red Card

Dec 27, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    shiiiiiiiiiiiiiitt!

18. uppsala

uppsala New Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Sweden
    Hehe. If I remember correctly, he was capped at the age of 16.

19. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    i think he can go well over 200 if new coaches give him playing time (stupid ghalenoi).