News: Hopefully the first of many: Jacobson Denmark int'l

Discussion in 'Everton' started by spider_kin, Aug 25, 2008.

1. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    official site says it's agreed pending the physical tomorrow morning at finch farm

not sure how i feel about a new defender being our first signing, that's the position i worry least about, followed closely by fwds, it's mostly about dmid and the wings that i'm thinking... maybe this will allow lescott to move forward into a dmid role more... that'd be interesting.

woo hoo! flood gates are open now ;) *does a little happy dance then realises that we only have 6 more days to get 6 more players so sobers up just a little*

:) we can do it! COYB!

2. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    While I'm happy to take anyone at this point, it's hard to get too excited when we have ********ing defenders coming out of our ass.

Midfielders, Davey. We want midfielders. At least three of them.

3. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    am I really out of it thinking Lescott played dmid for us some last year? I could have sworn he moved up a lot working with carsley with jags, yobo and someone else in the back. (like i can remember names)

It made absolutely no sense to me to see jags in dmid with lescott in d. last week... It confused the hell out of me!

Don't worry Sara, we'll get a couple of mids... I can feel it* :)

*i reserve to right to be wrong and all that good stuff, and reserve the right to not be shouted at if my optimism is only optimism and not something more, like a premonition or something :p

4. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    I think he did play in midfield a couple of times last season, but this crap of playing people out of their natural positions isn't ideal. It's nice that people can fill in in a pinch, but it shouldn't necessarily be part of the game plan. Look at Jags. He's not a midfielder, and you can tell. He's a good defender and a mediocre midfielder. Same for Lescott. He's a great center back. He's an ok sub for a d-md.

5. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    well we've got 6 more days to sign upto 6 more people :)

COYB!!!

6. jrob_blue

jrob_blue Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Tennessee
    The article says he is Denmark's first-choice RB... could this be the beginning of the end for the Cap'n?

7. the fumbler

the fumbler Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Denmark
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well to be honest, Denmark doesn't really produce good wide defenders. I'm not sure he is good enough for the premier league but I really hope he'll be a good signing for you guys!

8. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I don't think he's their first choice RB because he's had a torrid time w/ injuries lately. I hope he doesn't turn out to be another Brian Priske, who was horrid w/ Pompey a few seasons ago. I've seen him in Nurnberg he's a very servicable RB, better offensively than Hibbo and better defensively than Neville. Oh yea, he can pass a ball too. :D

9. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has Yobo play d-mid for us in the past? My recollection is that he did so a few times, and played pretty well there.

Or maybe I'm dreaming, and my memory's getting worse than I think?

10. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    No, Yobo has played RB a few times and he wasn't very convincing. I don't think any of our CBs would be decents DMs to be honest...which is why getting someone like M'Bia is essential. Jacobsen at RB atm would probably move Neville to DM...which for me, is not a good option because Neville is not a good distributor of the ball.

11. Scouse

Scouse New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Manchester
    Jacobson signature might mean Neville plays as a defensive midfielder, which granted isn't his best position. Having said that he's miles better there than Jagielka. And if it's one stage nearer than not playing Baines in midfield at all then it's alright by me.

Just need a few more signings now.

12. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    completed

alright now that that's taken care of... who we gonna sign today :D

p.s. he kinda cute ;) ain't nothin' wrong with a little more "mmmability" on the team :p