Hope Solo fansite updated

Discussion in 'Women's Fans and More' started by Hope Solo Fan Belgiu, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Hope Solo Fan Belgiu

Oct 2, 2007
  2. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    News? Analysis?

3. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Please do not take this personally, I am just trying to help if you would like to edit your web site, and thanks for putting it up. The suggested changes to make it read better are in brackets:

Hello, this site is a tribute to US National women soccerteam (the US Women's National Team's) goalkeeper Hope Solo.
    The idea for this site came just after the w(W)orld c(C)up 2007 in China. Hope was playing a bril(l)iant tournament.(delete period) B(b)ut then some things happened what(that) made(delete made) messed things up.
    That's why (this) site was built in the hope to help a little bit,(comma not needed) to set things clear and get(acknowledge) Hope (being) back on track(.)
    And now 1(one) year later Hope has prooved(proven) she was right B(b)y ledaing(leading) the USA To Olympic Gold(.)
    We Love her and where(we are or we're) proud at(of) her(.)

With changes:

Hello, this site is a tribute to the US Women's National Team goalkeeper Hope Solo. The idea for this site came just after the World Cup 2007 in China. Hope was playing a brilliant tournament but then some things happened that messed things up. That's why this site was built in the hope to help a little bit to set things clear and acknowledge Hope being back on track. And now one year later Hope has proven she was right By leading the USA To Olympic Gold. We Love her and we are proud of her.

4. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Are people still stuck on the poor, poor Hope Solo sh_t? Unbelievable.

5. Hope Solo Fan Belgiu

Oct 2, 2007
    thank you for you advise I will chance it I think
    you know english is not y usual language

6. noorwell

noorwell Member

Sep 15, 2003
    brooklyn,ny
    well did i like you edukation.....

7. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    I can not read, speak or write in any language other than English (and some will question that) and you do just fine posting here (I guess I do 'tengo' a little Spanish). For a web site that might get a lot of hits the next time Hope makes some news and there is analysis of it I thought you might want to have it read a little more clearly. I'm sure I left enough mistakes for it to remain authentic ;>) also I tried not to change the meaning from your original introduction.

As you can tell from some of the responses here there are people that are not fans of Hope's. I guess my advice to them would be to not read a thread with "Hope Solo" in the title if it bothers them.

8. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    This has nothing to do with being a fan of Hope Solo. This subject ha been beaten to death. I was one of the first to tout Solo as an outstanding goalkeeper when Greg Ryan first made her his #1. And don't forget Ryan is the one who actually made her the #1. In fact his problem was that he ONLY played Solo for a long time without giving Scurry or any other keeper significant time with the defense. Before that she was the #3 under April. People tend to conveniently forget that part. Some of you guys make it seem like she is the only one in the history of soccer that was replaced by a coaching decision. This happens all the time in the men's game. Controversial changes by a coach. It happens in every country. So what. She is not poor, poor Solo. She is a professional. What would happen if the St. Louis coach decides to bench her? Are you guys going to start a web site protesting that? I said I would quit commenting on this but I just can't stand by and read this sh_t without a comment. Sorry.
    Hope Solo is our #1 goalkeeper but IMO she went out of bounds by criticizing her coach and throwing her teammate under the bus PUBLICLY. IMO that's a piss poor decision and shows little character.
    I am a fan of Hope Solo's goalkeeping ability and always wish she does her best when representing the colors of the US, but enough is enough.

9. Hope Solo Fan Belgiu

Oct 2, 2007

the site started after that
    now its just a fansite
    Now is Hopen the best in the world
    and Greg Ryan works in Burger King

10. Hope Solo Fan Belgiu

Oct 2, 2007
    I just tooked the advise

11. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    language lesson:
    advice is the noun - the word you want.
    advise is the verb

"I advise you to take my advice."

12. Morris20

Morris20 Member

Jul 4, 2000
    Upper 90 of nowhere
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Ryan is employed at the University of Michigan as the women's soccer coach (making more money than probably every women's coach in Europe, btw). For those illiterate in English, here's a picture (Ryan is the guy on the right):

[​IMG]

I can see how you'd get confused:
    [​IMG]
    vs.

[​IMG]
    assuming you're not much of a reader in any language

13. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    umm, I don't want to be a huge asshat, but is this thread not a poster child for the "threads that should be in the Women's Fans and More forum" contest? The analysis seems to be of the fansite itself.

I mean, I'm all for player fans & fansites & more places to find info on women's soccer. But isn't the point of the whole re-org that our hardworking mods did a while back to keep some degree of separation btwn News & Analysis and Rah,Rah,See How We love womens' soccer? I could be wrong--while my closet contains some small asshats, it does not (blessedly) contain a moderator cap.

14. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    You're not. You are 100% correct.

15. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread is indeed more appropriate for Fan's and More, so I've moved it.

16. Hope Solo Fan Belgiu

Oct 2, 2007
    I Totaly reniewed my Hope Solo fansite

http://www.hopesolotribute.tk/

take a look on the link

I totaly reniewed my Hope Solo fansite.

really worth a visit agian

Its got a lot beter then before

using another host now

17. Zizou1982

Zizou1982 New Member

May 17, 2009