Honduras - Copa De Oro 2011

Discussion in 'Honduras' started by Catracho_Azul, Mar 8, 2011.

1. honduran4life

honduran4life Member

Jul 2, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    CD Marathón
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    by the 1st half it should had been 2-0 for honduras

then bengston's goal 3-0

j.diaz - 3-1

& that final play in the final minute which idk who missed it, but it should had been 4-1

yesterday i saw a different honduras

some points would be

- Javier Portillo, pure magic but an awful actor lol
    - i saw a different Bengston, he slowly gets better on the NT
    - Osman & Muma are solid beasts in the back, tho muma needs to watch the fouls.
    - Hendry Thomas played a good game no doubt
    - Noel will no doubt be the best GK in this gold cup

all in all this is the football we want to see from honduras. good passing, speed, etc. let's hope they can keep the same mentality against mexico. the goals need to go in that's still a problem.

& to costa rica, alvaro saborio really sucks

2. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Give some love to Roger Espinoza, he played a cracker of a game. He took Borges out of the match and distributed the ball beautifully from midfield. He is a true box to box midfielder, he defends well and is not away to push forward, giving good passes, dribbling by players and taking shots when the opportunity it's there. I loved the way the team played in a 4-5-1 in the first half. We really bossed the midfield and Ezpimoza and Thomas should be given most of the credit.

I have been dissapointed in Nunez, his touch seems to be off and he is playing selfish.

3. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    should be interesting with what we go out there?

Wilson Palacios is healthy again, but looked real rusty. Wouldn't mind scoring a goal against Mexico and then bringing him on to help defend the lead and try to link-up plays on counters.

This reminds me of Gold Cup 07... hopefully history repeats itself :D

Mexico tienen los cabezas en los nuves. Time to bringem back down. :cool:

4. Tello

Tello BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 20, 2006
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yooooo

What's up guys.

I was at New Meadowlands Stadium last night(To support Mexico of course)

Must say that the Costa-Rica - Honduras game was much more entertaining.

I was rootin for Honduras, i can't stand LaVolpe

Well to make a long story short(too late?)

I got a video of the final PK that won the game for Honduras, i just uploaded it.

I was in the third row!

Enjoy Guys

See You on Wednesday!

Peace!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBEJC1yYuVo"]YouTube - ‪Penal Decisivo Honduras VS Costa Rica Copa Oro 2011‬‏[/ame]

2 people repped this.
  5. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Hey guys,

Diez says that Suarez is going with this lineup:

Noel Valladares; Mauricio Sabillón, Víctor "Muma" Bernárdez, Juan Carlos García; Boniek García, Hendry Thomas, Alfredo Mejía, Roger Espinoza, Javier Portillo y solo en punta Jerry Bengtson

What do you guys think?

6. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    we're playing with a man down...

I think thats bad ?

8. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Which guy will be missing for tonight?

9. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    it was sarcasm... The line-up only shows 10.

10. honduran4life

honduran4life Member

Jul 2, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    CD Marathón
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    its a good formation but i don't like what i'm seeing ..bengston is ALL alone up there ..we're not playing in the azteca

11. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Im sure you fellows know, if we score first - it will get bad. :) ;)

12. NMMatt

NMMatt Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    How is that not a penalty? Honduras was robbed.

13. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Honduras did what they could.. wasn't enough.

But with the circumstances we came into this tournament with... I say Luis has done a pretty good job.

this is his 6th game as coach of Honduras. our best players aren't even playing and Mexico are on form.

Good job Mexico. We'll see yall in qualifiers.

14. honduran4life

honduran4life Member

Jul 2, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    CD Marathón
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    we did a good game tonight ..let's be honest, we weren't expecting a victory but our team played well.

luis suarez is building a good team for the qualifiers

15. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Imagine once the big guns come in to this team. 240 minutes took a toll on us, and we could have won the game had it not been for some saves and a bit of help/luck from the ref on that no call pen.

Good start from Suarez, really like what he is doing. We still need a good mifielder who can keep the tempo of the game. Either Boniek learns that or we need to find someone to do that. We can't run 90 minutes of every game like that. It's just physically impossible.

16. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Team played well, it got settled down after the first 10 minutes and the passes looked good and quick in the midfield.

Sabillon played well but we need to find a replacement, he can't put an accurate cross to save his life.

LB Garcia looked great, he is a gamer. I loved the way he defended, and he can pass and dribble well. We might have to move Izaguirre to LM with the development of Garcia.

Leveron and Osman played great, Osman got beat on the two headers but you gotta give him slack he has been playing the entire tournament.

Mejia and Thomas played great they passed the ball well, won it back, and Mejia has an unreal gas tank.

Portillo came down to earth today, I saw him playing timid but he has earned a couple more looks.

Boniek played well, he was doing whatever he wanted with the Mexican midfield.

Espinoza played ok. He was sloppy with his passes at the beginning of the game, but he shows signs of being a good CM.

Nunez was horrible. This kid always wants to be the hero of the game, he passes as a last resort and does not stick to the team game. I can't count how many times he lost the ball. If his outside shot is not falling he is useless. A good bench player, but I have lost hope in him as our creative midfielder.

Bengtson and Costly played ok. They didn't get good service. We need to start throwing passes down the pipe for them to go get, they are both fast and powerful and usually get to the ball before the defender but all the passes were to the sidelines. Give this guys a chance to score.

Overall, I am extremely impressed with Suarez. He has really turned the team around. The team that played Guatemala/Jamaica is a completely different team than the one that played Costa Rica and Mexico. I like the improvement they have shown.

17. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    I'm disgusted with Espinoza to be honest. He should have kept his cool. One goal would have put us back in the game, and he lost his head. Too much, you can't do that. The tackle was bad too. That was the only thing I had a problem with tonight.

18. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I was at the game today, Number 9 for you guys cant control the balls that are given to him, I say Costly needs somone new up top to work with him. Espinoza had a good game till the red card aswell.

>UNO<

19. NMMatt

NMMatt Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    I'm not a Honduras fan, but I seriously think Costly was robbed on a clear PK in regular time.

20. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    he dived to late after he got touch, should of timed the dive on time and he would of got it. Yes he got hit but keep going then he decided to dive.

>UNO<

21. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Espinoza played well for the most part. He is young and will learn to control his temper. He has speed, good covering, and a nice shot on him. If he comes and plays for Honduras, I want them to show heart, it shows me that he bleeds white and blue. ********ing Bengtson needs some of that fire, he plays to passively in the game.

I like the way Suarez utilizes the 4-5-1. Rueda never knew how to deploy it. If you add some speed down the wings, we will make some noise in the qualifiers.

Palacios, Thomas, Mejia, and Espinoza will clog that midfield. We just need one of them to push up and make penetrating passes and we are set.

22. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    To the guys saying that Muma was good enough for La H, I hope you watched the game last night without your Mumazo sunnies on.

In general, the team played acceptably. Remember all, for once, we were missing quite a few starters here. Moreover, players that I think would make the game more toe to toe. This was Mexico's absolute A team, save the five dopers.

23. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    I agree with this. Not only did he get robbed on a PK call, but he was carded to add insult to injury.