Home Stays?!

Discussion in 'St Louis FC' started by StlSpursFan, Feb 23, 2010.

1. StlSpursFan

StlSpursFan Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Da 314
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Thought this was an interesting email from the club today, I'm thinking about doing it. Kind of puts into perspective how unglamorous minor league sports really are...

2. SilentAssassin

Apr 16, 2007
    St. Louis
    If you watch the movie "Sugar" about a Dominican baseball player's path to the US, the main character lives with a family in Iowa. It must be quite a culture shock. St. Louis probably isn't as much of a culture shock, especially for the Americans or foreigners who went to college here. There's more diversity, at least. In any case, I encourage other BS posters to do this, so we can get inside info on the teams. :) If you hear about the Athletica looking for single men to host, please let us know. I cook a mean frozen pizza. :)

3. FrankMiller

FrankMiller New Member

Aug 11, 2009
    It would be nice to use them as a ringer in family/neighborhood/church sporting events.

4. Redhawk1

Redhawk1 Member

May 12, 2006
    I'm curious where all the money is at? If this organization was trying to get an MLS team, something seems to be wrong here. They don't have enough money to house the players? Unbelievable.

5. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I call it a smart business move. Remember it's Division II.
    Even if you can afford it, why would you want to overspend on year one and come out at a bigger loss then you already plan? I imagine that one part of proving you can own and operate an MLS team is to show on paper that you can financially run a team, wisely.

6. jasontoon

jasontoon Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what happened to the message I posted here about the KC Wizards employee posing as an AC St. Louis fan? Mods?

7. SilentAssassin

Apr 16, 2007
    St. Louis
    I think it's in the mayor announcement thread

8. Seph

Seph Member

Dec 2, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo., USA
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a good post. I guess I read it just in time.

I'll rep this one for you instead.

9. FrankMiller

FrankMiller New Member

Aug 11, 2009
    MLS investor != NASL investor

That is to say, just because someone wants to drop half a billion dollars on a MLS team doesn't mean they want to spend that much capitalizing an NASL team.