Holiday Auction for U4DC

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by Red&Black, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    United for DC preparing an incredible online auction for the end of Nov and early Dec.

Let me tell you folks, I've seen a "sneak preview" of the items being offered and some of them are absolutely incredible.

There are a couple that truly are "priceless" and include stuff from several of the Championship years.

I'll be sending out a mailing to our members and posting more info on the Barra site when it becomes available.

Look for some new stories on the Barra site this weekend including a travel diary and news about our offseason "awards night".

2. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Member+

May 20, 2002
    Awesome. Looking forward to this. Thanks R&B.

3. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I can't wait!!!!

I think I know what I'll be asking for for Christmas

4. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A way to keep JH6 out of the auction? :D

5. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Good point. :cool:

6. Plymouth Red

Plymouth Red New Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Plymouth UK & NG2
    JH6?????

7. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This guy:https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/member.php?u=8054

John_Harkes_6

Tends to enter/win/acquire many game worn jerseys. There is a theory that JH6 actually owns all of the United jerseys and leases them back to the team on a game by game basis.

8. Plymouth Red

Plymouth Red New Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Plymouth UK & NG2
    Gotcha and thanks for the reply. I presume he isn't the same John Harkes that used to play for the USA then? Just someone who uses JH6 as a username?

Bit of useless information for you. Did you know that John Harkes used to play for Forest? He made 3 appearances in 99 until a foot injury ended his 'loan' spell (I think) with us!

9. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not quite, though Doug (JH6) is a big fan.

Wasn't that Harksie loan deal part of a flurry of deals that Forrest did in a failed bid to stay in the EPL?

10. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He only owns the active, aside from Stokes, I own the dearly deaprted player jersey's.

:D ;)

11. Plymouth Red

Plymouth Red New Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Plymouth UK & NG2
    Yeah but didn't want to be reminded of that :(

12. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I remember seeing Harkesy with his a$$ on fire getting torched for like 6 goals by those Man U fvckers that year.

--I saw a lot more of him on TV then I care to remember from that game. It usually consisted of seeing him running backwards a step too slowly :D

13. gocaps

gocaps Member

Sep 23, 2000
    With the SEs in 134
    Ugh - I remember that one, and sadly, I think the score was 8-1. Harkes was brought in to Forest on loan by Big Ron Atkinson (who knew Harkes from coaching him in his glory days at Sheffield Wednesday). Harkesy played right back - disastrously, as in Gelnovatch-level disastrously. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer came on as a sub in the ManUre game, and scored something like 4 goals in the 2nd half.

14. gnat

gnat New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Any more news on this yet? Or did UfDC just skip the E-Bay fees and send it all directly to JH6? :)

BTW - Hopefully Oscar got my check today and i'm officially part of the Barra now (though why I chose you guys when I don't drink is beyond me :D).

-dave

15. Nick_78

Nick_78 New Member

May 9, 2004
    VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Hey, I think we just found our driver for when we buy the old school bus for road trips!!! :D

16. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The irony of the situation is that your hard earned $$$ is going to buy our first keg. :D

Welcome aboard amigo.....

17. mikedett

mikedett New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Springfield, Va. USA
    Club:
    DC United
    woohooo...the virgin is buyin :D

18. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    I believe they had a problem with the press release and everything will be going up tomorrow.

19. gnat

gnat New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    That might not be a good idea. I'm a "bit" insane on the road. I'd hate to be responsible for you "returning" all your beer :D

-dave

20. gnat

gnat New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    If $20 is all you are spending on kegs, then maybe I need to find a group with better tastes :p (i may not drink it, but I do know the difference :D)

-dave

21. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uh, Chico, I hate to break the news, but this isn't the "first" keg that you guys have bought. :p

22. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Items starting to show up slowly

23. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    i talked to catherine this morning and there was technical glitch that slowed things down. they expect everything to be ready to go today.

24. gnat

gnat New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    How/where are you finding it? A search of "united for dc" isn't giving me anything but some Freddy rookie cards.

-dave

25. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    WASHINGTON, DC (November 30, 2004) - United for D.C. - the charitable arm of D.C. United - announced today details of the organization’s second annual on-line holiday auction. The on-line auction will run today through Monday, December 13th, with starting bids ranging from $25 to $300. Items to be “won” were donated to United for D.C. from a host of professional sports franchises worldwide. Money raised through the auction will go towards funding programs such as United Reads, Kicks for Kids and the Community Grants initiative. In addition, D.C. United tree ornaments are being awarded to those making a $20 donation to the foundation. All proceeds from this program will also go to United for D.C. in support of its community efforts.

“United for D.C. is thrilled to be able to offer these unique and exciting items for auction to donors and sports fans,” said Catherine Marquette, Executive Director of United for D.C. and Community & Fan Relations Director for D.C. United. “The auction will be a great way to culminate a successful fundraising year for the charity.”

D.C. United auction items include: a 2004 D.C. United long-sleeved adidas White Jersey (Size Medium) autographed by Freddy Adu, a 2004 Opening Day Poster autographed by Freddy Adu, a 2004 D.C. United adidas White Jersey (Size X-Large) autographed by the 2004 MLS Cup Championship team, a D.C. United Kappa Logo-ed Soccer Ball autographed by the 2004 MLS Cup Championship team, a Limited Edition 1996 MLS Cup Inaugural Champions adidas Leather Jacket (Size Large), a 1996 MLS Cup Inaugural Champions adidas T-shirt (Size X-Large) autographed by the 1996 team, Nick Rimando Autographed Nike Goalkeeper Gloves, Troy Perkins Autographed adidas Goalkeeper Gloves and a 2000 D.C. United Ben Olsen Unity Games long-sleeved adidas Jersey (Size Large), to be personally signed.

Other Major League Soccer items include: a Colorado Rapids Autographed John Spencer atletica White Jersey (Size Medium), including a 2004 team autographed soccer ball, a 2004 Western Conference Champions Kansas City Wizards Autographed Chris Klein adidas White Jersey (Size X-Large), including a Chris Klein bobblehead doll, a Kansas City Wizards adidas White Jersey (Size X-Large) autographed by Nick Garcia, including a Nick Garcia autographed player card, a Columbus Crew Autographed Edson Buddle long-sleeved adidas Gold Jersey (Size X-Large), a Columbus Crew adidas Black Jersey (Size X-Large) autographed by the 2004 Team, a New England Revolution Autographed Taylor Twellman Reebok Blue Jersey (Size X-Large), a San Jose Earthquakes Autographed Landon Donovan Nike White Jersey (Size X-Large), includes a Landon Donovan autographed player card and 2004 team autographed soccer ball, a Chicago Fire Autographed Chris Armas Puma White Jersey (Size Large), including a 2004 team autographed soccer ball, a Los Angeles Galaxy Autographed Cobi Jones Nike Gold Jersey (Size Large), a Dallas Burn Nike Red Jersey (Size Large) autographed by 2002 Team, a MetroStars Nike Red Jersey (Size Large) autographed by the the 2000 Team and former D.C. United Player Doug Warren Autographed adidas Goalkeeper Gloves.

Other Soccer items include: Manchester United Player Tim Howard Autographed Nike Goalkeeper Gloves, a C.D. Aguila Avia Jersey (Size Medium) autographed by the 2004 Team, a Nottingham Forest Jersey (Size Large) autographed by 2004 Team and a Boca Juniors long-sleeved Jersey (Size Large) autographed by the 2001 Team.

Other items include: a Minnesota Vikings Autographed Randy Moss Reebok Jersey (Size Small), a New England Patriots Super Bowl XXXVIII Logo-ed Football autographed by Kicker Adam Vinatieri, a Rawlings Major League Baseball Official Ball autographed by Hall of Famer Jim Palmer and a Survivor Africa Baseball Hat and Photograph autographed by Survivor Ethan Zohn.