Holden dropped by Sunderland

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by FirstStar, Jun 30, 2005.

1. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a friend of his posts on here occassionally. said something about the two Sheffield clubs being interested

3. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boy, Sunderland really didn't him a fair shot, now did they? There could be more to the story of why he was dropped but it's kinda odd since he really didn't get a chance. Oh well, I'm hopeful he can catch on somewhere pretty quickly. I saw him play extremely well in a OT 4-3 win over NC State last Sept. when I was at a conference at Clemson's campus. I didn't find out who it was until later but came away with a very good vibe on him. He holds a Uk passport so if he wants to stay in the UK, he could.

4. Fulham Fan

Fulham Fan New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Bay Area
    Looks like someone told McCarthy - or McCarthy told himself - that the move to the Premeirship takes ruthlessness.

5. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    an alleged friend...the same guy who swore up and down that holden was going on the US/Canada tour with them...

6. Enge

Enge Member

Jan 28, 2004
    Frankenmuth MI
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    He posted Stuart's myspace website so either he's a stalker, or a friend.

Judging by all the info he has given I think he's a friend.

8. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    I'm not his friend or a stalker, but I can give you his personal website...

http://www.sholden.com/

Google can be your friend too :p

9. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
  10. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    ahem

11. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    I don't know what's sadder- (1) that you've been sitting on that speck of nothing for months waiting to see (I wonder how many of my comments you've had to discard 'oh crap, he was right'), and now you try to look like your 'pouncing' or (2) the fact that Holden was hard done here, given the circumstances, and most reasonable observers would have expected him to get a run-out of the American tour.

Par for your course. Words but little value..

12. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    To be fair, "most reasonable observers" on these boards have no idea how Holden actually played while he was at Sunderland.

13. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    wow, i just found this thread and first i have to say i hope i am not a stalker.
    stuart went to high school with my cousin and me, him and some of his former clemson teammates, the houston guys playing d1 and the mls guys from houston get together every xmas to kick around and scrimmage.
    thats how i know him. on the other hand, my mate in london, just moved back there from houston, became friendly with theo walcotts little bro at stoke and procured theos screenname on aim and has been chatting it up with the arsenal wunderkind,, i think he is a few steps from moving into stalker.

the only person i would consider stalking is ms eva mendes. anyone have her myspace site? )just kiddin

14. forza inter

forza inter Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Middletown, ct
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    yeah he is, theres an article on the chronicle webpage about him and the other dynamo reserves tryin to breakthru.

16. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
  17. Maczebus

Maczebus New Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Well being a Sunderland 'player' and going out in Newcastle was flying pretty close to the wire. Especially since as a 19 year old he might have been tempted to bandy round his profession and employers. Just speculation but as I've been 19, I can see where he might have gone wrong.

18. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Snap, Kat is hot.

19. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    the dude is always surrounded by hot women. i know this for sure. its insane.
    and its not like he still has an accent. i have a thicker english accent than him and i've lived in america since 95 and nigeria before that. his younger bro also gets plenty of pull, the kid is going to uconn next year i believe.