History of... What happened to?

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by VolklP19, Mar 22, 2023.

1. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    At a high school game last night and one of the dads I sit with often started out with Arlington Aces and I asked him, what happened to that club? It used to be huge...?

I lived through the story of Chicago Magic - understood their transition from the top downwards. I've seen Sockers (on the girls side) slip down the ladder - seems to be stablizing but no where near where they were 15+ years ago. CSA - seen that decline to an average B/C club and fully understand the reasons behind that. I think we are all seeing the decline of Eclipse today.

But what happened to Arlington? Furthermore - what happend at Campton years ago - why was CF let go? Seems that they have also been on the decline since then. What went on with NSA - seems like that entire area got put into a blender and spun up.

Who else am I forgetting here?

Schwaben
    Green & White

2. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    My understating was that the Aces were part of the park district and they had an a la carte approach to coaching. Some teams had parent coaches, some had trainers for practices and parent coaches for games and others had full time professional coaches. Some of those coaches wanted the club to switch to all professional coaches and when it did not happen they created Premier SC. Lots of the players initially went with the professional coaches to Premier.

3. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Excellent - thanks! I never heard of Prem SC. What happened to them?

4. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Soccer messed up my soccer terms. Select, premier, elite, academy are all interchangeable. It is Elite SC

5. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Gotcha - sort of figured that because the growth of Elite seemed to match the decline of Aces in many ways.