Hiddink's advice to Fergie

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Step-Over, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Step-Over

Step-Over Member

Mar 29, 2003
    No, Scottish people have no issues communicating with one another.

2. Klogon

Klogon Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    From the link:
    "Those words were "left" and "right" - and Park's English has not improved since his move to PSV after the 2002 World Cup, where under Hiddink the Koreans reached the quarter-finals. "

Semi-finals, not the quarter ;D

3. nam.c

nam.c New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    UK/Switzerland
    liverpudlian and geordie have to be the worst. I bet none of you here could understand their accents. I found Gerrard's accent in interviews very hard to understand. Shearer's accent isn't so badly geordie, though. And also, the footballing class speak a totally different accent to the kind of accent in my boarding school, which I find very interesting.

4. Step-Over

Step-Over Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Traditionally, football was a working class sport, while Rugby was an upper class sport.

5. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Not too sure if going to a school full of guidos is any better than living in flushing to be honest.

Guido speak is something else. Heard a guy trying to put his dog in his boat, "byad do-waag".

Most KOreans live in Fort Lee, Leonia now. Not too many KOreans in Flushing anymore.

6. Step-Over

Step-Over Member

Mar 29, 2003
    When I was little, I visited family friends in Fort Lee. Though, I never knew it was an enclave for Koreans. Doesn't Fort Lee have a tradition for being a big stop for different immigrant communities, like Middle Eastern people now?

7. nxttc

nxttc Member+

Jul 14, 2004
    yeah...english english is a bit difficult at time to understand. when listening to interview of say david beckham and comparing that to sven erikkson, i would have to say that sven has a higher command of the english language than england's poster boy.

and man, that scottish accent! it's freaking hard to even read it. have you tried reading trainspotting by irvine welsh? man. isnae aunnae urt! but, yeah, sounds much better than it look like on paper.