Hibs in Intertoto Cup [R]

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by markdickson, Jul 10, 2004.

1. markdickson

markdickson New Member

May 7, 2001
    Dumfries, Scotland
    Hibs out of Europe already!

Vetra Vilnius 1-0 Hibernian Vetra win 2-1 on agg.

A bizarre goal by Vetra Vilnius midfielder Nerijus Vasiliauskas after 61 minutes ended Hibs' Intertoto Cup campaign almost before it had begun...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/3883197.stm

As much as I dislike Hibs, it's still disappointing for Scottish football in general is it not?

2. CelticOnFire

CelticOnFire New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    London right now
    Yeah, it's quite the shame. I would like to see hibs do well.

3. Bobbybhoy

Bobbybhoy New Member

Apr 29, 2003
    I couldnt give a toss

4. SJFC4ever

SJFC4ever New Member

May 12, 2000
    Edinburgh
    Not really that surprising, Hibs did very little preseason work before those matches. It is a similar situation to Cork City v NEC Neijmegen, the weaker team had a great fitness advantage due to playing in a summer league.

I can't think of one Scottish team that has even done reasonably well in that. I think Dundee were the last team to enter and they were murdered by some Serbian team.

5. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    If I remember correctly The Dee won the 1st round match to get put out in the 2nd round . I remember the accusations by our Clown Manager at the time that the ref was dodgy in the away leg against the Serbs .

6. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    A guy a went to school with was in goals for hibs (ally brown). It was only a couple of years ago I was playing against him in school now he's playin european football!