Hibernian (Cary, NC) Tomorrow [R]

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by JKGooner, Aug 18, 2007.

1. JKGooner

JKGooner Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    any Triangle Gooners, i am going to hibernian to watch all the matches tomorrow, if anyone wants to join i should be there around 10am for the pool match and am probably going to stay for the Gunners match.

2. NCGooner

NCGooner New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Raleigh
    Sorry about the late reply......new to the boards. I am a die hard Gooner from Raleigh, and I'll meet you at the Hibernian any time I can! 9 times out of 10, i have been the only Arsenal supporter there.

3. GJ40

GJ40 Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Apex
    Sorry I missed this one. I'd be up for it in the future though.

GJ40

4. tundra_desert

tundra_desert Member

Feb 3, 2006
    RTP, NC - US
    JK/NC/GJ,

I'm a Triangle newbie and would welcome a chance to meet some fellow gooners. I observed the first Sparta Prague match at Hibs in Cary and found myself to be the only football fan in the pub. A local at the bar wouldn't consider my request to switch from Headline News to Setanta for the match, so I watched w/o sound in the other room.:mad:

I would think that management would be pleased to see a regular gathering of thirsty football supporters in red and white shirts. I was in Chicago at the weekend and watched the match against Man City at the Globe Pub. It would be tremendous if we could create a similar destination for Arsenal supporters here in the Triangle.

5. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    ah crap, should've given me a heads up that you were going to be there!

i was wearing the "Gooners Champions 2004" tshirt with "we wont he league at White Hart Lane.....again" on the back

6. tundra_desert

tundra_desert Member

Feb 3, 2006
    RTP, NC - US
    I saw ya, mate. front and center at the bar. I was in back of you, over your left shoulder; had on a red currant t-shirt with a highbury crest.

Anyway, the Globe has an awesome atmosphere. took an hour and a half to get there from Midway, but a goal in the 80th minute was the highlight of my weekend.

7. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i was a nervous wreck :)

and all i wanted was a nice relaxing morning at the globe, but wait Arsenal were playing!

glad you enjoyed yourself, give me a heads up next time. first beer is on me!

8. JKGooner

JKGooner Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would anyone else be interested in trying to plan a meeting for all Local Gunners for the Tottenham Match. With labor day this weekend it might be tough, but the next Premiership fixture is on the 15th against Spuds. Would be a great way to get a bunch of us root on as spuds fall closer and closer to relegation.

9. tundra_desert

tundra_desert Member

Feb 3, 2006
    RTP, NC - US
    Saturday, 9/15 at 4:30pm (delayed satcast)? Hibs in Cary?

Yeah, I can be there.

10. JKGooner

JKGooner Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe that there is an NC State Football game that i have to work and kickoff for that is at 6:00 and i have to work 4 hours before kickoff....i am going to miss the replay at 4:30...i wish it were live. i wont be able to make an event i tired to creat. go figure