Hey Guys, we have a game this week, metros pregame

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by ArsenalTexan3, Oct 9, 2003.

1. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah, season isn't over just yet. A few more weeks and it will be. Thomas, TBo, and Vaca out due to national team call ups. I just hope the Burn don't lose too badly, but you never know which Burn will show up.

2. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    Naming an interim coach did a couple of things-

it brought Behnke on the field.
    it got Jeffries off the bench
    it induced the Inferno to put away the paper bags
    I stopped ragging on the coach and the franchise
    gave me the clear indication that 04 is going to be at sucklack with whining soccer moms and empty stands, and losses for every occasion

what it has not done is...
    bring wins
    bring motivation
    bring a significantly modified starting 11
    no discernible improvement in team play
    perhaps worse defense

Just before the HSG team lopped Jeffries off the payroll (by buying him out) I took the field issue to heart, and decided that the field and the coach needed to be changed. Of the two, the field was more important.

I still think that.

Why bring this up in this thread? Because the team is terrible, they showed last week that Collin Clarke might be their bud, but they don't fear him enough to play hard just to save the pride of the team and their personal pride as soccer pros.

At this rate they will be lucky not to break their own MLS record of most goals against and largest margin of loss.

Have fun metrofans, yuk it up, enjoy it. I hate this season, I hate everything about it, and especially hate sucklack, and the only thing that matters is having zero time added on to the game to avoid prolonging the agony of the hell of 03.

3. inferno man

inferno man Member

Nov 26, 1999
    Texas
    You mean between the bad one and the even worse one?

4. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah - we're gonna get smoked tomorrow.

Although the way our defense has been playing - like 4 matadors - I don't know how much missing T-Bone and Shavar is going to hurt. 2 stone pillars might be as effective.

No Vaca will not help.

When there is talk of this team playing for their dignity and pride I am reminded of a Simpson's episode where Homer got mad at Marge for something and Homer says: "I have always tried to carry myself with a quiet dignity - and you robbed me of that."

And yay - more turf and gridlines. So while the game will be painful to watch as much for the way we play as the field, I guess I'll watch just in case we don't lose. I will watch wearing my red Ronnie O # 26 Burn jersey. I will watch with a Shiner Blonde in my hand. And I will watch with a tear in my eye as I dream of what we used to be.

5. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. burn 2002

burn 2002 New Member

Dec 27, 2001
    Hey, Buzz. Isn't Ronnie going with the team for tomorrow?? He told me he would..

7. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ronnie told me he thinks he is going too...

But COLIN told me that the last spot was between Thompson, Gavin and Ronnie. Gavin was going to be evaluated late in the week to see if he would be fit.

So I listed Glinton thinking he would be ready and cleared be week's end.

But yes it could be Ronnie. That is one reason why it says "probable lineups." Sometimes I know for sure, but sometimes it is my best guess after talking to people.

8. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, I made some phone calls... it's Ronnie O'Brien.

9. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    YEY! Now one more reason to go to the watch party at Pugsleys. 6:30 is game time.

Hey 3rd, do youthink Thompson will get any playing time at all this season? Maybe 10 minutes last game as a reward for him busting balls to recover from his knee injury?

10. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No.

Thompson is in the first year of his P-40 deal. He's not going anywhere, so there is no real need to get him minutes to evaluate him. I suppose anything is possible, as you say to reward him, but I would be seriously surprised to see him get any PT.