Hey AC St. Louis fans-Introduce yourself

Discussion in 'St Louis FC' started by SilentAssassin, Feb 28, 2010.

1. SilentAssassin

Apr 16, 2007
    St. Louis
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=696980

Here is a link to the thread in the St. Louis expansion forum where we all introduced ourselves. We've gotten a lot of new posters since then, so if you haven't already introduced yourself, please feel free to do so here.

My real name is Eric. I've been in and out of the St. Louis area because of National Guard commitments, but I consider myself to be from St. Louis. I'm a member of Eads Brigade, and I'm going to try and go to as many games as I can when I'm in town. If you want to know where I got my screen name, you can read the previous thread.

Mods, I don't know if you want to sticky this thread or not. The old one was a sticky.

2. STL Red Devil

STL Red Devil New Member

Jun 14, 2008
    St Louis
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Im STL Red Devil, oviously from the name Im a pretty big United supporter.

My real name is Coy. Im from Edwardsville, IL but I live in St. Louis now.

I bought season tix to AC StL, and Im in the Eads Brigade. Ill be at all the games hopefully. Ive been waiting forever for St. Louis to get a team, Im really happy I finally have a team here to support.

3. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, my name is Steve. I live near Grant's Farm, am from St.Louis but lived in Texas for 3 years (1 year in Houston & 2 in Austin) before moving back to St.Louis in Nov 2008.
    I've always liked Soccer (real football) but over the last 6 or 7 years it's become my #1 sport (EPL, USMNT, MLS, WPS). For the last two years I've made it a point to attend a MLS game each year (Houston & KC so far) and hope to continue that while still making AC St.Louis my team.
    I volunteered last year for Athletica but due to a new baby girl, my time is limited so will try to make as many AC St.Louis games as possible and hopefully a couple Athletica games. Oh, and I do plan on sitting with Eads Brigade! (or should I say, stand with!) I'll probably be the guy who shows up alone as most of my friends don't care much for soccer (Bastards!). See you there!
    AC Saint Louie! AC Saint Louie! AC Saint Louie!

4. Bend_it

Bend_it Member

Jun 13, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, my name is Gerry. I had the opportunity to meet Steve (time4wine) at the
    ACSTL watch party for the Carling Cup Final at Tigin's earlier today. What a fun time, everybody I talked with was cool, including Jack Traynor, Ken, Chris and Bradley from ACSTL front office, Steve, Ped and his Aston Villa buddies, Tom Schwarz of Saint Louis United FC and waiter/fan Charlie Mathews in his lovely Landon Donovan Everton shirt. Soccer fans are fine folks.

I'm just a guy. I took early retirement from the Postal Service and live in Lincoln County with my truly wonderful wife, her son and his gf, and our critters. Recently, I began writing for Dave Trotter's blog, The AC St. Louis Fanatic. The blog is pretty good right now and going to get better -- it's had over 5,000 views in about a month's time and features ACSTL and NASL news and views. Check it out.

The beautiful game is amazing to me in many ways. I love the speed, the athleticism and the energy on the field, the passion of the fans, and the way the sport can bring unity and peace across the globe (ok, I'm being an idealist here). The success of ACSTL, on and off the pitch, is very important to me. I want a home team to root for in the sport I love most and totally appreciate what Jeff Cooper has done to make this all a reality. I want St. Louis to be recognized as a great soccer town by the global community and thus am excited about the Players for Peace match next August at the Ed. Like Steve, most of my buddies aren't soccer fans, so I guess I need new friends, too.:)

5. PopsKrock

PopsKrock New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Belleville
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi, my name is Jamie, and I'm from Collinsville. I've been with Eads since the beginning. If you've been to any EB events you might recall a rather large, furry, chap, that was me. I've got my season tix. I guess my biggest claim to AC STL fame is attending the same church as Luke Kreamalmeyer.

6. TimmyHoward

TimmyHoward Member

Jun 18, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey my name is Tyler, I'm from Edwardsville, IL and attend Southeast Missouri State University in Cape Girardeau, Mo. I'm not in any of the support groups and haven't brought season tickets but do plan on attending the games this year. My claim to fame for AC St. Louis I went to the same high school as Luke Kreamaleyer, Tiger Pride!

7. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm the infamous Battra....loved and hated the world over...in cyberspace anyway. :D

I'm 34, my real name is Nik. I'm a blogger who's now in print. battra13.blogspot.com and www.stlcityedition.com I'm a resident in of Grand South Grand St. Louis City. I'm a big time STL City guy.

I've returned to college with the support of my awesome wife to chase my dreams of prosecuting violent criminals. Presently at UMSL then off to SLU Law.

With school, home, blog, etc...I don't have time for season tix to anything, but will try to make half of the AC St. Louis games. I'm a supporter of Arsenal and Chivas de Guadalajara, aside from our locals.

I'm also a serious jersey collector.

8. Tarzan Hercules

Tarzan Hercules New Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Hello all! My name is Nate and I'm from Trenton IL. Loved the beautiful game since attending the '94 WC. I watch a lot of German Bundesliga and the EPL games that are broadcast in HD on ESPN (can't wait for FSC to follow suit on the HD thing). I'm incredibly excited that we finally have a football team and am really looking forward to getting the season started. Even though my round trip drive will be over 100 miles to see the games, I became a season ticket holder, much to my wife's chagrin :). I'm looking forward to meeting other footy fanatics because I, like many other posters, do not have any local hard core soccer fan friends. A close friend of mine is just as crazy about soccer as I am, but he lives in Indianapolis and will only be able to attend a handful of games... but I digress. Maybe I'll see some of you at the seat selection event today. I'll be the guy that looks like a 34 year old Bobby Hill, of King of the Hill fame. Cheers!

9. El Jeficito

El Jeficito New Member

Mar 10, 2010
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm Alex from Kirkwood, high schooler at the moment. I've been following professional soccer closely for about three/four years. I'm a Liverpool fan (yes they're a right mess right now :rolleyes:), got a soft spot for Fulham too with their American talent in the past decade along with super Danny Murphy! I watch some Bundesliga and La Liga as well, but don't have a preferred team, just enjoy the brilliant footy. I support the USMNT along with the Republic of Ireland national team. Got a soft spot for the Spaniards too. ;)

Hoping to go to quite a few AC St. Louis matches this year, hopefully beginning with the KC game. Should be a good time.

10. AcStL

AcStL New Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Columbia, MO
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi, im Josh. I am a student at the University of Missouri Columbia. I have always wanted Saint Louis to get an MLS team, but im still pretty excited that we have a men's professional outdoor team.

Since I live in Columbia and am a college student with a limited budget I was wondering if any of you would suggest one or two games that would be especially worth atteneding.

Until recently I knew little about the NASL, but im reading and learning as much as I can so that I can Adequately support A.C. Saint Louis.

11. KingHenrik

KingHenrik New Member

Jul 8, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey there - name's Euean, born in Scotland and raised a good part of my childhood in Madrid. So grew up following Celtic FC and Atletico Madrid (could never buy into the Real hype). Been living in the states for a good long while now, and glad StL is getting some type of representation now.

Obviously MLS would be great, but I'm excited for NASL to get started. I travel a fair amount for work so I'll likely have to stick to the weekend matches, but plan to show up with my old college buddies as much as possible. At the very least, just hoping to see an attractive style. Results don't mean as much to me as enjoying the product on the field in the first year.

Excited to enjoy whatever cold brew they have on tap..but hoping that they provide us more than Bud Light...it'd be nice to see the soccer/football crowd catered to and have a little more depth in their beer selection. I could stomach a steeper price for a better bevvie. So AmBev...step your game up if you please and throw some money at our team.

12. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What part of Scotland are you from? My family's originally from Scotland.

13. jasontoon

jasontoon Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it helps, here are the games I'm definitely going to try to catch:

Sat 4/3 vs. KC Wizards (friendly) - how could I miss this?
    Sat 4/17 vs. Austin - first game ever!
    Sat 5/22 vs. Tampa Bay - just because it's my birthday weekend
    Sat 6/26 and/or Fri 8/6 vs. Vancouver - 2008 champs, 2009 runners-up, on their way to MLS next year
    Sat 7/10 vs. Montreal - 2009 champs
    Wed 7/28 and/or Sat 8/14 vs. Portland - best regular-season record in 2009, also leaving for MLS
    Fri 8/20 vs. Puerto Rico - perennial D2 contender
    Sat 10/2 vs. Rochester - season closer

If I had to pick one or two, I'd look at the games against Montreal, Vancouver, and Portland. Opening day will probably be fun, too.

14. KingHenrik

KingHenrik New Member

Jul 8, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Born in Glasgow, but my family was originally from the Outer Hebrides, some very small islands nobody has heard of, but very beautiful. Try to make it back when I can. Hard to watch the SPL struggle as it is.

15. KingHenrik

KingHenrik New Member

Jul 8, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All three of those will be in MLS in the next 2 to 3 years I believe. Hopefully we'll be next on the list!

16. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For our honeymoon, the wife and I really wanted to visit my family's castle in Scotland, but we didn't have the money. :(

I do have our coat of arms on the wall in my hallway though.

17. KingHenrik

KingHenrik New Member

Jul 8, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yea which castle is that? There are a few over there or so I've heard.

18. jstats

jstats Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Oakville, MO (south
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey all. My real name is Johnny but everybody calls me Johnny Stats or Jstats. I'm currently in graduate school at Indiana State University studying Sport and Recreation Management (so be nice to me because I could be working for the organization in about a year or so). I am a very proud member of Laclede's Army and will be getting season tickets for both teams, but will not be able to make all the matches. I'm a 1997 graduate of Oakville Senior High School and the reason I campaigned so hard for Hot Shots is basically because I am a poor student and cheap beer is preferable to only one beer. I should make most of the home games (I hope) but will have to miss a couple here and there because of school commitments. Erm I guess that's all.

19. jasontoon

jasontoon Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, uh, if you ever need anybody to take those tickets off your hands, heh...

20. jstats

jstats Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Oakville, MO (south
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure Jason....I'll take face-value ;) (remember I'm a grad student and thus desparate for beer money)

21. davidchirac

davidchirac New Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    David here. Live in Central Illinois & happy to see St. Louis have a team.

I wish we had promotion/relegation though so one could have came up through the leagues to represent St. Louis rather than a system where the league picks their competitors for reason other than on the field results. Also, it would mean there would be teams closer to home for me.

22. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As cool promotion/regulation is, I don't think we'll ever see it in the States. Due to the stadiums, the money, etc...I just think it'll never happen here.

23. Ameribos

Ameribos New Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Hi guys I just discovered ACSTL.

I'm Bosnian and I know there's a lot of us in the St. Louis area. I really like the team and I know that there's even a Bosnian support group (United Knights?).

So how close are we to getting an MLS spot? Is it a pipe-dream or could it become reality.

BTW It's ironic that the logo is a fleur-de-lys because thats the national symbol of the Bosnian people, and the colors too. :D

24. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's also on the Scottish Royal Flag...being a bad Scotsman, I know this. :)

Welcome to the group!

As for the MLS...who knows...for now this is what we have and they're my team.

Hoping we get to make the jump one day though.

25. Ameribos

Ameribos New Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Thanks for the reply man.

Yeah the fleur-de-lys are a royal symbol, found all across Europe. The Bosnian one is called "golden" because of it's color and the fact that it only grows in Bosnia. It used to be on the old Bosnian flag used during the war.

Enough off topic though. :D

Is there a way to buy a jersey or t-shirt? I'd love to get me one. :cool: