Hertha BSC v. Borussia Dortmund [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by The Old Lady Hertha, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  2. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We BVB fans are pretty quiet leading up to this one. After that dismal performance against Leverkusen last week, I can't say that I blame us.

However, this is the match. If we don't come through, we can forget direct UEFA qualification, but still have to fight for Intertoto spots!

COME ON!! HEJA BVB!!!!

3. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    0-0 FT :(

That just about ends hopes of the UEFA Cup, though mathematically its still possible. Oh well, a little consistency goes a long way. That and better luck with injuries. Here's to hoping for both next season.

Staying in the top half this season and getting in above Stuttgart would be a great start though.

4. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Totally agree. I'm hoping we can hold on to an Intertoto (UI) Cup spot. Any shot at the UEFA Cup is better than none at all.......

Hopefully, we can get in that way. We have to make it to 6th or 7th for that as far as I know. Anyone have the right answer there??

Can't b!tch about yesterday. Both teams had their chances to win.........

5. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Here's the problem:

This year it's only 6th place :( - so both our sides won't be in Europe next season.

6. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Watched the game, and I agree on the draw, although I was really frustrated that we couldn't finish one shot...pretty typical of our seasons though I suppose...

Best of luck rest of the year. As you know, BVB is my 2nd team in Germany. :D

And I want to tell Klinsmann that Brzenska and Woerns should be our CBs for the WM...they were fantastic yesterday, both put in MoM performances.

7. david29

david29 Member

Sep 9, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Now that we're effectively out of the race for fifth spot, I'd happily wish you and Vfb fans the same. Obviously I'd like to finish as high as possible come season's end, but while I have nothing personal against Bayer I'd much rather see either Hertha or the Schwabs playing in Europe next year. Plus we'll need our best form if we're going to be any help to Hamburg on the last day of the season...