Hertha Berlin's Roberto Pinto

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Selecao2002, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Selecao2002

Selecao2002 New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    MA
    I have noticed that a Roberto Pinto is having a strong pre-season with Hertha Berlin. I don’t know much about him, except for what I just read on his bio on the Hertha website (see below).

The midfielder was born in Stuttgart, but his nationality is listed as Portuguese. He turns 24 on the 22nd of this month. It looks as though he appeared in 54 career Bundesliga matches, scoring two goals. He has never been capped by Portugal.

Anyone have anything else on this kid? He scored a goal today in Hertha’s 4-1 victory over Schalke 04 today in the final of the German League Cup. He was a 79’ substitute and scored Hertha’s fourth goal 10 minutes later.

http://www.herthabsc.de/e/team/players/index.php?typ=&spl=688

2. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    He also scored the winning goal on a penalty against Bayern. This kid is for real, his list as portuguese, he probably played on a portuguese youth national team.

3. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Hertha just signed Luizao a brazilian to a four year deal.
    Marcelinho scored two goals, and Alex1. beside Pinto goal. It seems like the national language in the Hertha team is portuguese.

4. Selecao2002

Selecao2002 New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    MA
    He signed with Hertha last year, and his previous clubs are VfB Stuttgart and VfL Stuttgart-Wangen. I wonder if this kid ever played in Portugal. He was born in Sttutgart (incidentally, Fernando Meira's club) and he played there prior to HB.

5. Selecao2002

Selecao2002 New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    MA
  6. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    22 years old and quick